Joerachi's Emporium of Sprites of Differing Quality

Joerachi

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, the darkest shade around the bangs seem kinda thick and it also ends abruptly so it kinda doesn't seem right. It needs some more shading on where it meets the skin as well, though how to do that without looking pillowy, idk. Someone else might know that.

I think the head angle and body angle seem weird. Try adding some shading on the right side of his torso, opv. It might give more of an impression that it is turned some more to the side. I also think the top right of his shoulder could use a bit more shade on it because of how the left shoulder is shaded. =]

The shading where the hair meets the head looks awkward; the hair has no outline and there could afford to be a few spots of the fourth skin shade. I agree with Aviv that the neck is a bit too long and skinny, cut off a few pixels and it'll be fine.

The latest one is really good! The only thing is that his neck seems kinda long.

That Klein base always comes back to get me.

Hmm, the darkest shade around the bangs seem kinda thick and it also ends abruptly so it kinda doesn't seem right. It needs some more shading on where it meets the skin as well, though how to do that without looking pillowy, idk. Someone else might know that.

I think the head angle and body angle seem weird. Try adding some shading on the right side of his torso, opv. It might give more of an impression that it is turned some more to the side. I also think the top right of his shoulder could use a bit more shade on it because of how the left shoulder is shaded. =]

Will do, thanks for that. Also, just using a darker shade manages to do that without pillowing :DDD

The shading where the hair meets the head looks awkward; the hair has no outline and there could afford to be a few spots of the fourth skin shade. I agree with Aviv that the neck is a bit too long and skinny, cut off a few pixels and it'll be fine.

Righto.

Edited by Joekitty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

As far as "Kitty Ears" is concerned, I think you need to move the left (EDIT: OPV) ear behind the head. It adds depth and reminds the viewer that his head is tilted a little to the side. You might want to consider joining the left (OPV) ear to the rest of the hair in some way, but this is the best I could do with my limited artistic ability in 2 minutes using MS Paint.

My attempt at a FTFY:

KittyEars.jpg

Edited by beefrocks

Your attempt has been JPEG'd :V

Always save as PNG.

and really, he could just look at my avatar if he wanted a good enough example

Crapitty crap-crap. I should've remembered that from when I edited sprites before. Two whole minutes in MS Paint waisted wasted. Well, that was my first post ever, so I guess I'll play the "I'm a stupid n00b" card right now and see where that gets me. Here's a retry:

KittyEars-1.png

Oops. I was playing with the image and suddenly discovered a problem with my edit. Third time's the charm, right? Here's my next go:

KittyEars-2.png

Edited by beefrocks