Anybody who doesn't like it can three themselves.

Nayr Farros

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to continue a sprite I started months ago and abandoned.

Elincia.png

+ Absolutely love the hairstyle.

+ Most things are quite nicely detailed and proportioned (I don't think it's really possible to tweak the eye size at this resolution), assuming she's supposed to be on the skinny side (which seems congruent with the sharpness of her collarbone).

= Maybe add more detail to the jewellry?

+/- What Niharu said. Also, the hair colour and dress colour don't seem like a good match, but I've certainly seen worse, and can't really think how it should be changed.

- Something seems somehow odd about the border on her hair at the back. Try not including diagonals.

- Neck seems pillow-shaded. I don't think with this light source that there should be that bit of shadow near her left collarbone.

My turn~!

1. The shape of her head (where her hair is) seems. . .puffy. . .or otherwise, off. I can't really put my finger on it. Could be that I still can't see things like this right. A little help here, please?

2. My brain is refusing to reconcile the circled area, and I don't know why.

yyDjd.png

• 1 month later...

oh god, is his body just splattered? his head, so tiny! and neck freakish huge, and head brokenly splayed to the side... GOD (very smushed and disproportioned in parts)

Yet I've got to say, I'm a fan of how the cloth was done.

I'm seeing two of them, those being the massive neck and the head's angle. That looks like a seriously uncomfortable position.

but yes, the cloth is very smooth and nice. Shows enough definition to know what's going on but doesn't go overboard.

Not to mention it looks like he's standing like a stiff board, with how close his arm is to his body. Unless you're going for that pose. But he's gonna be really uncomfortable if he keeps that pose up.

Vamp actually liked the pose.

Celice: Go troll somewhere else. Your generic hatred of unrealistic proportions is not welcome here. :p

Deranger: I caught that too, but it was unintentional. Yet it works.

Seph: Will take the neck into consideration. But that's more or less Ross' pose with a different angle.

Octavian: Isn't the first time an FE sprite has had an uncomfortable looking pose

Also I dunno if it's just me, but I crack my neck a lot and can make that pose with relative comfort.

Vamp actually liked the pose.

Celice: Go troll somewhere else. Your generic hatred of unrealistic proportions is not welcome here. :p

Deranger: I caught that too, but it was unintentional. Yet it works.

Seph: Will take the neck into consideration. But that's more or less Ross' pose with a different angle.

Octavian: Isn't the first time an FE sprite has had an uncomfortable looking pose

Also I dunno if it's just me, but I crack my neck a lot and can make that pose with relative comfort.

Vamp liking the pose really shouldn't have anything to do with anything. There have been many times where bigger spriters have liked the pose of my stuff, but it still didn't make much sense :P

Ross's neck isn't that thick, and FE8 sprites are pretty shit in general.

And just because another FE sprite has an uncomfortable pose doesn't mean that makes them right. I'm just gonna go sprite everything with Barth's facial structure, it was done before, so it totally looks good. Or Bors' hair.

While you may be able to make that pose with relative comfort, I doubt you'd walk around all day long in said pose.