Resignation

Popo

Popo,

You were always helpful.

I also have loved your avatar for forever, and will miss seeing it (not that you posted that frequently anyway, but...)

It's a shame you no longer have the time nor energy to continue to mod, but it happens to everyone.

If we meet again somewhere, I look forward to your company at that time.

Farewell, wherever you fare.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'm really sick of the Anti-Jyo drama too, I read through the first few pages of this thread and I just felt sick! I can't believe people have so little respect for the man who MADE THE FORUMS! (Or was that Vincent? Anyway, that's not cool to do that to the Root Admin)

Vincent did the site. Jyo did the forums.

And I have seen worse cases of people beating down on admins.

It's a shame, that you're leaving Popo. D: But I understand where you're coming from, and there are more important things in life than this place. Ah well, I wish you the very best, wherever fate may take you. ^^

Edited by Lux Aeterna

... So the first generation of (global) moderators have all retired. Weird. : O

It's a shame, that you're leaving Popo. D: But I understand where you're coming from, and there are more important things in life than this place. Ah well, I wish you the very best, wherever fate may take you. ^^

Popo is far from being one of the first generation of global mods.

Joshua, getting this defensive gets you (and the forum) nowhere.

It's just open drama. Delicious for those who want to eat popcorn, bitter for those who care.

Well, it's either that, or the other two options:

A) Let them talk shit about me all they want

or

B) Become a fascist, and kick everyone's ass who speaks up

More and more, I'm beginning to lean towards B, because obviously getting defensive doesn't work, and letting them talk shit is just counterproductive. But B comes with the side effect of scaring members away.

Or maybe you should look for a hidden third option.

And what might this hidden third option entail?

"Keeping the drama private."

Of course, I don't mean censorship. We don't need to see you taunting Bus, discussing with Popo or anything like that; you can easily do that via PM/IM. There is no reason for the community to see that kind of conflict.

I'm going to go with my inner first grader here, and say "They started it".

On that note, I'm tired. Night.

Regardless, you're the one who takes the most damage.

Popo, I didn't know you well, but I always get upset when someone leaves, bye! :(

Also, I'm really sick of the Anti-Jyo drama too, I read through the first few pages of this thread and I just felt sick! I can't believe people have so little respect for the man who MADE THE FORUMS! (Or was that Vincent? Anyway, that's not cool to do that to the Root Admin)

You don't get respect just because you made something; otherwise every eighth grader with a proboards would have all of our undying respect. You earn respect by continuing to make good decisions and acting on common sense, not because you continuously act like a third grader and fall back to the "I'm the root admin!" line. There IS no Anti-Jyo drama. No one gives a fuck if he's the root admin or founder or whatever unimportant title you give people who make forums, because he doesn't fucking act like one. It's nothing personal, except for the fact that everyone knows he could do better but he's too busy stroking his pride and preventing even the smallest chip to his self-esteem to actually give a shit about the site and its progress. His hidden third option that he never uses is that he could keep the bullshit to a minimum, but that is never an option to him because he doesn't realize until too late when he's making a mistake, despite people trying to look out for him. Instead he lashes out at people who have a point because he doesn't want to admit that. How can you show someone respect when they don't even follow their own (albeit ill-thought-out and poorly organized) rules? Your respect, then, must mean nothing.

And with that, I too am done. Popo, see you around.

You shouldn't talk that way about the guys who are running the site crystal. This is a free service they are giving us so we the users should at least be courteous. Respect does have to be earned but it doesn't mean you can just rain down shit on anyone you feel is beneath you.

Anyway, as for popo's eulogy... "I hardly knew ye."

You shouldn't talk that way about the guys who are running the site crystal. This is a free service they are giving us so we the users should at least be courteous. Respect does have to be earned but it doesn't mean you can just rain down shit on anyone you feel is beneath you.

If you think I think Josh is beneath me, you didn't understand my post at all. And nearly every message board offers a "free service" so I fail to see your logic. Just because something is free doesn't mean the people who are offering it can't improve, or that it's automatically an amazing service.

I know I said I was done, and I am now, unless someone else decides to miss the point entirely.

If you think I think Josh is beneath me, you didn't understand my post at all. And nearly every message board offers a "free service" so I fail to see your logic. Just because something is free doesn't mean the people who are offering it can't improve, or that it's automatically an amazing service.

I know I said I was done, and I am now, unless someone else decides to miss the point entirely.

So why shit on a guy who you know is giving you a service for not even a penny in return. If your gonna make suggestions like I said... Try being more courteous.

Edited by Lancelot

Yeah, I'm not going to risk it. Take it to PMs.

Sorry, Popo. I might reopen once this off-topic habit dies down.

EDIT: I'd also like to say this; Nobody is above or immune criticism. This is a view I've defended since Jarly was around, but I think it does need to be remembered by more than one member around here.

Edited by Shuuda

Holy shit I fucking love this site.

Oh yeah, bye bye Popo, you where pretty cool and where level headed enough to gain my respect.

As for this... We know how this will end. Jyo will refuse to admit he is wrong for a very long time over a very minor thing, people will continue to force the subject (which is not unreasonable), and then he will fucking turn on a dime, start apologizing to everyone, and then in that same goddamn THREAD, the whole cycle will probably start again. Mark my words.

Actually you're wrong. I've had it up to here with these fucking apology threads. I'm not apologizing. I left it up to Popo to retire on her own, and now she did. It worked out the way I intended. Fuck Chris and Crystal for shitting on me for it: I have no obligation to do things their way, and if they don't like it, well, too bad. It's not like it affects anyone on the forums - she just would've retired sooner, and that doesn't even matter EITHER, because she hasn't done a god damned thing moderation wise since we spoke!

Nearly every single user knows this already. It IS getting annoying; but then again, no one gives a fuck about me here anyway. :)

If every single user "knows" this, then that makes every single user a dumbass.

as you are doing right now, amirite?

Too bad you missed the heat of the moment, sucks for you.

Elto, sometimes I love you.

"Keeping the drama private."

Of course, I don't mean censorship. We don't need to see you taunting Bus, discussing with Popo or anything like that; you can easily do that via PM/IM. There is no reason for the community to see that kind of conflict.

I forgot to mention in regards to this, whenever I do attempt to work things so drama is forced into private areas, I'm accused of censorship by Fox, his brother, and other people who decide they want to be dicks.

Regardless, you're the one who takes the most damage.

Unfortunately, this is true. No matter what happens, if members decide to act like assholes to me, the root admin, they go with their reputations untarnished. However, simply because I am the root admin, or even a member of the staff at all, if I be a dick back, it gets noticed, and I get even MORE flac about it.

You don't get respect just because you made something; otherwise every eighth grader with a proboards would have all of our undying respect. You earn respect by continuing to make good decisions and acting on common sense, not because you continuously act like a third grader and fall back to the "I'm the root admin!" line. There IS no Anti-Jyo drama. No one gives a fuck if he's the root admin or founder or whatever unimportant title you give people who make forums, because he doesn't fucking act like one. It's nothing personal, except for the fact that everyone knows he could do better but he's too busy stroking his pride and preventing even the smallest chip to his self-esteem to actually give a shit about the site and its progress. His hidden third option that he never uses is that he could keep the bullshit to a minimum, but that is never an option to him because he doesn't realize until too late when he's making a mistake, despite people trying to look out for him. Instead he lashes out at people who have a point because he doesn't want to admit that. How can you show someone respect when they don't even follow their own (albeit ill-thought-out and poorly organized) rules? Your respect, then, must mean nothing.

And with that, I too am done. Popo, see you around.

Right, but you're forgetting the power to completely delete the existence of the forums lies in my hands as well. I can force everyone to disperse to the other Fire Emblem communities which they may or may not like as much as this one. I even said to Popo in PM, when we were discussing her retiring, that I'm really tired of the staff problems, and if this shit keeps up, I just may say fuck it and close the forums. I could be a dick then too, and rather than just leave them readable by everyone, but closed, delete them entirely. There's a saying that goes "Don't bite the hand that feeds you", and I think that applies here. I made these forums so people could gather here, and enjoy discussing the series with each other. If I'm just going to be mocked and ridiculed by my own members as a result, well then why the fuck am I being nice enough to keep this place open for you? And as far as you go, Crystal, you aren't even here for the series, so you can get the fuck out for all I care.

Why the fuck does this forum have this much drama? For fucks sake, this is a FIRE EMBLEM message board.

Experience says Fire Emblem boards go together with drama pretty well, actually!

This is beyond true.

All that said, I'm finished. I'm going to reopen this, because I trust you people can ignore the drama and simply wish Popo farewell. If you guys go against that, I WILL kick your ass for it. I mean it. No more drama in here, capiche?

Hey, this is just like those other fifteen times you've messed up.

And here's the first suspension! Let this go as a head on a post warning to all, I mean it: This topic is ONLY open for you to wish Popo well. Comments like these will be dealt with. Harshly.

I forgot to mention in regards to this, whenever I do attempt to work things so drama is forced into private areas, I'm accused of censorship by Fox, his brother, and other people who decide they want to be dicks.

Not all accusations are legitimate. And you probably know that their idea of a perfect community wouldn't work here.

But I have no plans of losing my permission mask and become exiled for real, so I'll just shut up now.

... wtf Jyo changed his avatar

Edited by TheEnd

Sorry buddy, gotta warn you for this. The only reason you're not getting a 24 hour suspension like Fox, is because you have never really broken any rules. I may be a fascist asshole (apparently), but I'm not a total dick.

Nearly every single user knows this already. It IS getting annoying; but then again, no one gives a fuck about me here anyway. :)

If every single user "knows" this, then that makes every single user a dumbass.

Whatevah you say, Jyo. Whatevah you say.

Bye again, Popo. I hope you have a better time in college than you're having now! Also, to be honest, I wanted to see how the badges would look with you working on them, but that obviously won't happen anymore.

Right, but you're forgetting the power to completely delete the existence of the forums lies in my hands as well. I can force everyone to disperse to the other Fire Emblem communities which they may or may not like as much as this one. I even said to Popo in PM, when we were discussing her retiring, that I'm really tired of the staff problems, and if this shit keeps up, I just may say fuck it and close the forums. I could be a dick then too, and rather than just leave them readable by everyone, but closed, delete them entirely. There's a saying that goes "Don't bite the hand that feeds you", and I think that applies here. I made these forums so people could gather here, and enjoy discussing the series with each other. If I'm just going to be mocked and ridiculed by my own members as a result, well then why the fuck am I being nice enough to keep this place open for you? And as far as you go, Crystal, you aren't even here for the series, so you can get the fuck out for all I care.

kbye. You can come apologize when you're through being an immature little dick to everyone.

kbye. You can come apologize when you're through being an immature little dick to everyone.

You know he's done with this topic, right?

What I said should have resulted in a suspension, but he just stopped caring.