Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF Because of this shit all FEXP submissions won't count now? @$(*&%$&

Well I disagree about one thing Marc, long chapters are fun if they are eventful,(For FEXP Savestate feature is what we could use quite well(or copy/paste the suspend file) I say it that way because some chapters of FE4 I found interesting and stuff.)

Also where did I miss the part 2?

No no. FEXP submissions still count. It's just... I just don't think FEXP's a good engine for RF anymore. It has cool things like MP3 quality music and less graphical limitations, but it's buggy, slow and unstable, and I feel like that's been hampering my playing experience a lot.

I think if FE hacks/games start utilizing the checkpoint feature of FE11/12, long chapters would be way more fun. It's just, it's not implemented yet, y'know?

is the checkpoint in FE11/12 the same as in FE4?

Also on my playtests the RNG was a bit weird sometimes but that's for what RNG stands for Random Number Generator. It'll make bull-crap happen.

No bugs were found,but 1, don't worry by the time I'll warn ya about it.

Edited by Lord Wolfram

RNG will make bad things happen, that's what it does. But I think some ways to help lessen the impact of bad luck are:

Reduce the luck present. This sounds obvious, but if all of your units have a 70% hit rate, you're just asking for them to miss occasionally. At least one or two player units should be reliable.

Give the player more options. If you attack with a unit, and they miss with their 95%, then having another unit can be invaluable for making up that damage or rescuing the attacker or blocking a tile or what have you. If the player only has one unit to do one job, then if they randomly fail that job, you've got a textbook case of losing by no fault of the player.

Cut the delta of randomness. Units with a critical hit rate but imperfect hit can deal anywhere from 0x to 3x their damage, and that's a huge range. As an example, FEXP already has Luna. An enemy with Luna but no critical hit rate might be able to deal between 0x to 1.5x damage, which means the worst case scenario is much less run-ending. (Likewise, a player unit with that damage range is much less able to randomly trivialize a difficult situation you design)

Edited by 47948201