Guitar Mafia - Game Over

Vhaltz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, agreed. I also think that if you're a miller you want to not be deadweight/trollmode since you're a giant ??? the whole game; it's not a good circumstance for you to self-vote under.

is prims joining in the spam parade too. 13p game with 1000 posts lets go.

I want a game with 43 pages at most. Anything higher than this is insane.

At least Mancer isn't here.

Unless Vhaltz gives scum fakeclaims in his games (can anyone who's played in one of his past games C/D), I'm pretty sure Poly's claim is legit (it's not something he'd do as scum). Prims' vote is...OK (at least he explained where he was coming from), but #HBC Larsa's justification for his vote is bad. I couldn't care less about him voting Poly over Psych in RVS, but his explanation is just so...first of all, self voting is damning in and of itself. It's one thing to think that Poly is worse than Psych, and another thing entirely to be like "yeah Psych's self vote was fine". Another thing, where is the scum intent in drawing attention to his self vote (WIFOM is not an acceptable answer)?

Why not pick somebody at random / help build a wagon then?

Because shut up.

##Vote: #HBC Larsa

I want a game with 43 pages at most. Anything higher than this is insane.

At least Mancer isn't here.

I MEAN, yes, he is! Oh well.

#readthefirstpostrapier

##Vote: Rapier

I can spam as much as I want!

##Vote: Randa

do you think Psych's self-vote is worse than Poly's or do you not see a real difference between the two?

also I agree with Refa about Larsa's vote; what exactly is scummy about drawing attention to a self-vote?

POLICY LYNCH THE MILLER GOGOGO

##Vote: Poly

oh. whoops.

clearly the most well thought out, and logically backed vote.

would sheep/10

##Vote Psych

##vote psych

yes bbm of all these arguments, psych's was just the most convinving imo

Okay why are people taking my vote seriously

That said the claim is legit

Psych's self vote dosn't have any damning quality to it, Poly draws more attention to it purposefully.

because unlike my vote, which served as both a joke about my hating D1 miller claims and claiming it myself, Psych's had no real intent and was pure RVS

I'm not sure what you're finding to be overly scummy about either vote tbh

Also Randa's last posts read as kinda Not Good to me but that could just be my classic gut scumread on Randa returning with a vengeance

what do you think about what Prims/Larsa said about Poly's vote?

it's not big but generally you try a lot harder in RVS so it feels weird that you're not really commenting on anything

could say the same about Mancer too

I thought Poly wasn't being serious about his claim. I suppose Mafia is too serious business for jokes.

Anyway, I don't see the difference between Poly and Psych's cases. Saying one of them is scummy for self voting but deeming the other selfvoter as ok is an appeal to double standards. Larsa allowed Psych to pass over his scumdar far too easily for my tastes. Also, why is Poly necessarily scum for drawing attention?

Unvote

##Vote: HBC Larsa

/sheepinghard

##Vote: Randa

do you think Psych's self-vote is worse than Poly's or do you not see a real difference between the two?

also I agree with Refa about Larsa's vote; what exactly is scummy about drawing attention to a self-vote?

The nature by which he does it with a miller claim. The point was that by attempting to draw attention which was obvious, the alternative effect was desired.

@Refa: The argument is garbage. Meta'ing a claim in RVS? More than likely a joke, if it's not-- well, we'll see. I didn't say there wasn't anything non-damning about self voting, his is merely a self vote without other context though; ie why I said it has no damning quality to it. I deemed it a joke self vote... while more than likely Poly's is as well; But the nature in which he did it is what's damning about it. As I said above, it appeared to me by drawing attention to himself, the latter was required. Could be a poorly thought out scum gambit. Noted your defense of it, Refa. Rev that chainsaw.

Also Randa's last posts read as kinda Not Good to me but that could just be my classic gut scumread on Randa returning with a vengeance

and so balance was restored to the world

Okay why are people taking my vote seriously

That said the claim is legit

because unlike my vote, which served as both a joke about my hating D1 miller claims and claiming it myself, Psych's had no real intent and was pure RVS

I'm not sure what you're finding to be overly scummy about either vote tbh

I didn't take it seriously, it was a joke to join your wagon with you. I don't really see how it was percieved otherwise. Prim asked why I chose you over Psych. I told him why I did. It was a joke vote to begin with, but Refa's defense of it seemed like a chainsaw defense to me, without a purpose to really attack anything.

Noted you saying it's a real claim though. Clears up that.

It's 8am in the morning for me and I'm still sleepy so give me a break on the not commenting on much thing. Most games tend to start later so I'm more alert during RVS.

I'm also going to try not to spam up this thread ((too much, at least)).

Right, I just saw Larsa's post where he tried to justify his Poly vote. It is not inherently scummy but it's something to note.

I don't like how Prims, BBM and Refa found Larsa scummy for voting Poly. How does that make him any worse than Randa voting Psych?

See, I'm not sure what HBC's getting at. Like, is my claim scummy, or what? Because the rest of the post should have been perceived as straight up RVS shit. And, yes, most of the time on SF we claim miller right away so that it either gives us something to potentially confirm later on.

And, again, as I just mentioned, the situations of our selfvotes are different. Mine was inside of a claim (and plays into a joke in my meta of me hating D1 miller claims), Psych's was just an ehh vote. Mine was /meant/ to get more attention via my claiming miller. Psych's had no intent of that sort.