Awakening is going to have alot of Fanfiction

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only will there be fanfic, but there will also be fanart, no doubt about it.

Not only will there be fanfics and fanart, but there will also be shipping wars, no doubt about it.

Edited by goodperson707

Not only will there be fanfic, but there will also be fanart, no doubt about it.

Already is.

Not only will there be fanfics and fanart, but there will also be shipping wars, no doubt about it.

Coincidentally, MU is the superior parent for any child, thanks to free-reclass. That won't help things.

Shipping wars will also have Gameplay People (Eg. KromxOlivia!) vs Story People (KromxSumia vs KromxTiamo).

The slap to the face of the Yaoi fans in the form of "No Homosexual Pairings!!" helps limit some, but they're an elemental and can't be rid of.

Edited by Airship Canon

Shipping wars will also have Gameplay People (Eg. KromxOlivia!)

The results may be practical, but when taking the challenge of making the pairing into account, I'm hesitant to call that pairing a "gameplay" one.

The slap to the face of the Yaoi fans in the form of "No Homosexual Pairings!!" helps limit some, but they're an elemental and can't be rid of.

Sounds like encouragement to fill in the blanks that the game didn't write.

The results may be practical, but when taking the challenge of making the pairing into account, I'm hesitant to call that pairing a "gameplay" one.

Sounds like encouragement to fill in the blanks that the game didn't write.

Well, it's certainly down to Soriee and Olivia for the Krom Pairing (barring MU-- MU having free reclass and variable stat specializations makes MU the best for anything).

Soriee offers Dragon Knight line... and a *slightly* higher DEF growth. And a second Aether-wielder.

Olivia grants the Pegasus Knight line to Lucina, which means Lightning Speed. She also has a slightly higher STR growth and cap.

Anything outside of those...

It's still gonna turn some away- less encouragement is better. The fact that they're giving definitely Platonic close relationships a go as well helps too- as it's Romantic at S. Platonic beforehand (and there's unlimited As)

The irony behind Sumia hate is KromxSumia very popular (at least on this site) thanks to her saving him from a volley of arrows, but then it was revealed she's got highest priority with him. Oops

But if Soiree and Olivia are pretty close to each other, than the extra ease of pairing Soiree makes it a much better alternative.

The question then lies: How Valuable is Lightning Speed?

Lucina is probably gonna kill someone every turn with a setup she can get from Olivia or Soiree (Royal Weapon+Astra+Aether+(Sword Expert or Lethality)), but with Olivia she can get a minimum of two whole moves, thanks to that skill- and she can't get it fro Soiree. Per Turn. 3 if you dance for her. (4 if LS is refreshed with a dance (don't know if it is).) If that outweighs the difficulty then Olivia is definitely the better option. It all depends on playstyle at that point, I guess. (Either way, Krom/Olivia and Krom/Soiree outstrip the other options, still disregarding MU.)

Olivia grants the Pegasus Knight line to Lucina, which means Lightning Speed. She also has a slightly higher STR growth and cap.

Anything outside of those...

If Lucina's mother is Olivia, pegasus knight is not the good thing she offers since Lucina will have to spend time with an entirely different weapon and and miss out on using her falchion, what Olivia offers compared to other mothers(except MU) is the myrmidon class , that makes Lucina incredibly good when at max level with astra,aether ,royal weapon, and sword expert. Lightning speed is only really an added bonus for her.

Also in terms of pairing Krom with Olivia it might be good on normal but on anything harder it's the most impractical pairing for him because Lucina gains nothing from her mother.(unless ofc you grind and make Olivia good )

IMO Soiree/Sumia/MU are much better pairings for him gameplay wise , soiree gives nothing(skillwise) in particular but can give Lucina better bases if she gets used, and Sumia gives the same access to lightning speed as Olivia and MU is ..MU she has better stats ,better skill choices ,gives better reclass options and you can start pairing them from the prologue.

Edited by Velth

If Lucina's mother is Olivia, pegasus knight is not the good thing she offers since Lucina will have to spend time with an entirely different weapon and and miss out on using her falchion, what Olivia offers compared to other mothers(except MU) is the myrmidon class , that makes Lucina incredibly good when at max level with astra,aether ,royal weapon, and sword expert. Lightning speed is only really an added bonus for her.

Also in terms of pairing Krom with Olivia it might be good on normal but on anything harder it's the most impractical pairing for him because Lucina gains nothing from her mother.(unless ofc you grind and make Olivia good )

IMO Soiree/Sumia/MU are much better pairings for him gameplay wise , soiree gives nothing(skillwise) in particular but can give Lucina better bases if she gets used, and Sumia gives the same access to lightning speed as Olivia and MU is ..MU she has better stats ,better skill choices ,gives better reclass options and you can start pairing them for the prologue.

MU is by far the best parent for any child, regardless of who it is. Variablity in stats + All Classes.

Mariabell has nothing real to offer. Pair her with someone else.

Sumia gives access to PK, but not Myrm. It's easy to pull off, but at the same time, you're not gaining much. She's not really good.

Soiree gives the needed access to Myrm-- with this said, Olivia does offer PK over Soiree's Dracoknight, which means Lightning Speed.

Olivia will turn out be a "Difficult but Awesome" option thanks to Myrm and PK (rather than Soiree's Myrm and Draco)

So Sword Expert, Vantage, and Avoid+ 10 are that important for Lucina? Or the classes themselves?

Astra is important for Lucina, as the only character capable of combining it with both Aether and Royal Weapon. Lethality can help, too, with that in mind. The rest is trivial.

Aether has the same activation rate as Astra, and does 3 times a normal combo's damage while having Sol effects on one hit, while Astra only does 2.5 the amount of a normal combo. I guess that and Lethality are solid backups. My preference still lies with covering other bases most of the time.

Edited by Only My Unit

Aether has the same activation rate as Astra, and does 3 times a normal combo's damage while having Sol effects on one hit, while Astra only does 2.5 the amount of a normal combo. I guess that and Lethality are solid backups. My preference still lies with covering other bases most of the time.

Aether is definitely better than Astra, but either one tends to be enough for a kill. The important thing is, with those three skills in place, Lucina gets a fantastic chance of activating one or the other: with 40+ Skl, that chance is over 50% on every hit, and therefore over a 75% chance of activating at least one of the two when doubling, which isn't hard for Lucina, especially as a Swordmaster.

There are definitely other options, but that's the main draw of ensuring Myrmidon as an option for Lucina.

Edited by Othin

The fanfiction crowd I'm familiar with tends to care less about "statistical advantages" and more about "how good they look together" or "do they make a cute pairing".

I did consider that for Lucina. So in that light, it makes Soiree the best option for pairing after Olivia (who has requirement that's hard to achieve). Meh, still like my defense+ Lightning Speed Lucina. Almost as good, and leaves better options for everyone else. Aether Degle would be entertaining though.

The fanfiction crowd I'm familiar with tends to care less about "statistical advantages" and more about "how good they look together" or "do they make a cute pairing".

Thing is, there's less pairing war fuel when "Cute Couple" is generally the same as "statistically advantageous", like with the majority of 4's pairings.

Also if the Canon pair gives advatages, that helps cool things. This isn't the case in terms of Krom, so that'll cause or intensify pairing wars.

(It certainly would've been a boon had Sumia been Lucina's best non-MU mom, but she's not...)

...Is there anything wrong with that? That's the reason I'm pairing most of my units together, hence ViolexMiriel and RonkuxOlivia.

...Is there anything wrong with that? That's the reason I'm pairing most of my units together, hence ViolexMiriel and RonkuxOlivia.

??? Where in my quote does it imply that it's "anything wrong"? I've been on fanfiction.net for over 10 years, and the general observation I get from the people in the community is that when they decide what couple they like the best, they decide OTPs based on how the characters interact rather than statistical advantages. Which was my point: the fanfiction crowd to my observation chooses their favorite pairings based on character rather than statistics. I don't see how my statement implied there was anything "wrong" with the latter. Sheesh.

I feel like writing fanfactions now-

Damn it.

??? Where in my quote does it imply that it's "anything wrong"? I've been on fanfiction.net for over 10 years, and the general observation I get from the people in the community is that when they decide what couple they like the best, they decide OTPs based on how the characters interact rather than statistical advantages. Which was my point: the fanfiction crowd to my observation chooses their favorite pairings based on character rather than statistics. I don't see how my statement implied there was anything "wrong" with the latter. Sheesh.

Welp, sorry if I offended you or anything.

Welp, sorry if I offended you or anything.

I'm not offended, just irritated that you misinterpreted my meaning and sounded like you were going on the offensive about it.

Edited by Xin Li

I've already got my own twisted fantasties of Male Mark x Jerome x Azure. Hehehehehe.

JeromexAzure is OTP, and I base that on "OMG the Hotnezz!" I think I'll have them both be blonde or else Jerome have dark-blue/black hair (Hi there Nightwing!)