Anybody who doesn't like it can three themselves.

Nayr Farros

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I'm aware that the far eye has problems.

2. No.

3. Added a little.

3 1/2. Far side is always a little bit smaller. I've adjusted a few things though.

@Jubby: *Smacks*

ChosenPirate.png

I know this guy who can do the same thing with his eyes. He kind of really looks like a chameleon when he does it, his eyes even look poppier and all. It's pretty crazy.

I know this guy who can do the same thing with his eyes. He kind of really looks like a chameleon when he does it, his eyes even look poppier and all. It's pretty crazy.

Yeah, your eye is still bugging the fuck out. It's even worse now. You should redo them from scratch to get the correct angle, as you should have done with the headband :/

Also the far collar is larger than the near collar in regards to perspective.

Edited by Celice

Agreeing with ol' Serisu here.

He looks like he's about to fall asleep.

Not to mention that his left iris looks a great deal bigger than his right one (opv), especially becuase of the smaller sclera on the left one (I know it's supposed to be that way, but this is extreme).

And yeah, dat collar...

His sideburn looks really weird... but I guess that doesn't matter too much becuase maybe he likes to have weird-shaped sideburns.

Headband colors have too much contrast.

And he doesn't seem badass enough.

Edited by Fawful

PirateFormat-1.png

1. Eye pulled in. To be fair, "bugging out" isn't a very good way of saying that the eye needed to be pulled in close.

2. Small eyes don't equal sleep, but I brought the brows down to reduce the look.

3. Don't see it.

4. We cant choose how certain things grow. My sideburns don't look very good either.

5. Collar adjusted. But the length of the collar should be the same on both sides because the character's position is leveled and turned a little closer towards the screen than the standard 3/4 position. So it technically wasn't wrong.

6. The lowered brows and a few scars should fix that. One on his cheek, one on his arm, and one on his throat(surviving getting your throat slit is pretty badass. :p)

I know small eyes don't equal a sleepy-look, but he just looked like it in the previous version.

Anyways, that's a hell of a fix, I'm actually starting to like it.

Edited by Fawful

Well I have interesting news.

Over the last month I have been at odds with Blazer over several of the sprites in Tactics Universe. I argued that some were so low in quality that they needed to be replaced or fixed. Blazer refused to do either or to accept any that I did.

I had a modicum of success with a couple of things I did. Such as Nayr, Ivan, King Louis, and Nergal I believe. But when Blazer saw a substantial Siegfried update complete with a halfbody, he got mad, we argued, and he made several derisive attacks towards me.

The bright side to this though, is that while he was angry, he gave me permission to replace as many sprites as I please and release an alternate patch(so long as I don't "bother him" with it.)

So I see this as a victory. And already have dozens of replacements ready. Mostly other works I've done that are acceptable quality and fit the bill for the classes/characters that they fill in for.

To show off a little. (Arcfalchion gets props for helping with the halfbody. That girl ROCKS!)

NuSiegfriedFormat.png

NuSiegfriedHalfBodyArcyEditTouched-1.png

It looks nice an' all, but can no one make a halfbody without taking the pose directly from one of the FE4 arts? I mean, come on.

and jubs, old Siegfried was nice, but this one does look better. Only real, easily noticed, problem is TOO MUCH OUTLINE COLOR.

Edited by seph1212

kay, not gonna lie, i preferred the old one.

The old one had sloppy shading, cartoonish looking armor, as well as poorly done palettes.

It looks nice an' all, but can no one make a halfbody without taking the pose directly from one of the FE4 arts? I mean, come on.

and jubs, old Siegfried was nice, but this one does look better. Only real, easily noticed, problem is TOO MUCH OUTLINE COLOR.

You're talking about what, exactly? Most of my halfbodies use FE7 artwork. This is the first real time I've used an FE4 art. And the reasoning behind that was because Siegfried has an FE4 likeness in his armor.

Armor is allowed to have outline colors, pal. Otherwise it blends too much and looks fused into the sprite's skin.

Edited by The Illusive Man

Lol Nayr do you get mad at everything anyone says?

Do you always take opinions that differ from your own as hostility?

I'm not angry. I'm a lot meaner, more rude, and talk a lot IN CAPS, when I get mad. :p

The old one had sloppy shading, cartoonish looking armor, as well as poorly done palettes.

You're talking about what, exactly? Most of my halfbodies use FE7 artwork. This is the first real time I've used an FE4 art. And the reasoning behind that was because Siegfried has an FE4 likeness in his armor.

Armor is allowed to have outline colors, pal. Otherwise it blends too much and looks fused into the sprite's skin.

433px-Aless_%28Super_Tactics_Book%29.png

:V

Lazy. wish people would make their own half bodies instead of literally stealing the exact poses from game art.

yeah it can have outline. you use too much of it. but you refuse to see that so oh well. done here, have a nice day. hope you improve eventually ' x'

Edited by seph1212

Do you always take opinions that differ from your own as hostility?

I'm not angry. I'm a lot meaner, more rude, and talk a lot IN CAPS, when I get mad. :p

Um, no. I wasn't even talking about my post, although it might be nice if you considered perhaps that I like cartoon-y armour and more fun palettes ;3 Wasn't having a go at your version, just saying I liked the old one better.

Moreso Trent's post, which legitimately pointed out a problem to which you responded hostilely by calling him pal and with an overall arrogant, dismissive air, despite the fact that he's by far the better spriter :P

433px-Aless_%28Super_Tactics_Book%29.png

:V

Lazy

yeah it can have outline. you use too much of it. but you refuse to see that so oh well. done here, have a nice day. hope you improve eventually ' x'

What you call laziness, I call time saving. I'm not good at drawing bodies freehand, so I trace things. I'm not apologizing for that.

Also I outline the pieces of the armor, If you look closely there's no actual outline inside of the pauldrons or the cuirass. And the reason they are in the shirt of the halfbody is because of color constraint. Plus the blues are dark enough for it.

Um, no. I wasn't even talking about my post, although it might be nice if you considered perhaps that I like cartoon-y armour and more fun palettes ;3 Wasn't having a go at your version, just saying I liked the old one better.

Moreso Trent's post, which legitimately pointed out a problem to which you responded hostilely by calling him pal and with an overall arrogant, dismissive air, despite the fact that he's by far the better spriter :P

If you read hostility and arrogance into that, I think your imagination is a little overactive.

I find ignoring advice from someone better to be arrogant, and pal generally has a negative connotation, so I don't really think so :>

Jubby, Ilu and all, but I think you're grasping at this point ;>

I find ignoring advice from someone better to be arrogant, and pal generally has a negative connotation, so I don't really think so :>

Dictionary definition for pal: Friend, chum, etc.

Also I'm not ignoring anything. I just have a different opinion, just like you do.

alt.png

Tried reducing some of the outline. But as I feared, it makes the armor pieces look fused together.

Also put the tealy color back in the armor, albeit with more contrasting. Markyjoe said he preferred the old armor color. So I tried earlier to make it work.

Looks better, thanks c:

Idunno if you should listen to Marc. He's not the best when it comes to spriting or colors. The new color on the armor was better, I found.

Marc's only really good at making videos.

Edited by seph1212

@Jubs: I guess that means you're like Markyjoe and it was the armor color you had a problem with.

@Seph: Blends too much for my taste(armor pieces are separate from each other and merely fastened together, outline makes that more apparent.). But I guess I'll leave it like that.