[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Is anyone having trouble reaching the patch download? When selected, the red bar around the mega symbol reaches about 95% and then collapses to a grey background with a black circle with smaller white circles rotating and it's not seeming to go anywhere beyond there?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone having trouble reaching the patch download? When selected, the red bar around the mega symbol reaches about 95% and then collapses to a grey background with a black circle with smaller white circles rotating and it's not seeming to go anywhere beyond there?

Which Browser are you using?

Have you tried a different Browser?

Thanks for the quick response. I apologize, it seems to be working now. Not sure what the issue was before, but thank you!

One a separate note would you happen to have any experience with using ReiNand?

Thanks for the quick response. I apologize, it seems to be working now. Not sure what the issue was before, but thank you!

One a separate note would you happen to have any experience with using ReiNand?

Our patch should run on ReiNAND as well. I haven't tried ReiNAND yet because there's no stable build for N3DS right now.

If you have any questions about ReiNAND or anything like this, please ask for help at GBATemp for it.

This thread is just for questions, suggestions,... for our Patch

Hmmm tried to make a Cubic Ninja CIA for a test run and it shows the icon for half a second then disappears from the 3DS home menu. When you start the CIA inside of FBI, it will start then crash a few seconds later.

hmm... you don't have made a Regionfree CIA then.

Try it again and choose to make a regionfree-cia. Otherwise get a Regionfree-Homebrew like "YGW Eshop and Region Spoofer".

If it's not working again, your CIA is corrupted and you made something wrong.

Edited by Cellenseres

Yes, it should work. Just try it^^I don't own a Gateway and was not able to test it by myself.

So basically if (hypothetically) I use the .3ds instead of .cia for the patch on Gateway, the third path dlc will work? And by work, I mean show up on the menu?

Sorry, if that's a really stupid question, I'm new to this kind of thing.

Edited by XxSharpshooterxX

So basically if (hypothetically) I use the .3ds instead of .cia for the patch on Gateway, the third path dlc will work? And by work, I mean show up on the menu?

As I already said:

I don't own a Gateway and was not able to test it by myself.

try it yourself^^

Did it work with our Menu Patch? It should work with this patch too

There shouldn't be any difference between the the DLC on a .3ds or a .cia, far as I know (The DLC works for me with a Gateway, American Emunand, and the game installed as a .cia). But you would probably prefer to make it either a .cia or an (injected with a personal header) .3dz rather than a .3ds, so you can play online.

There shouldn't be any difference between the the DLC on a .3ds or a .cia, far as I know (The DLC works for me with a Gateway, American Emunand, and the game installed as a .cia). But you would probably prefer to make it either a .cia or an (injected with a personal header) .3dz rather than a .3ds, so you can play online.

When I tried the menu patch with the .cia file and the third path dlc it worked fine, and on the menu it showed 3X3 save files (a total of 3 for each path) however when I used the new chapter patch it only shows 2X3 even when I installed the DLC .cia file for it. Am I doing something wrong?

When I tried the menu patch with the .cia file and the third path dlc it worked fine, and on the menu it showed 3X3 save files (a total of 3 for each path) however when I used the new chapter patch it only shows 2X3 even when I installed the DLC .cia file for it. Am I doing something wrong?

Hmm, I'm not sure. I used Title Manager to uninstall BFZJ, then reinstalled the new patched .cia. My DLC is still there -- I can select the third path. I didn't even need to reinstall it, and those of the old save files which were in the SD card slots are also still there.

Edited by Kitsunin

Hmm, I'm not sure. I used Title Manager to uninstall BFZJ, then reinstalled the new patched .cia. My DLC is still there -- I can select the third path. I didn't even need to reinstall it, and those of the old save files which were in the SD card slots are also still there.

Hmmm, I'll try reinstalling everything then, maybe it will work then.

So, I've been asking around and I think I know what I need for this to work. I just want someone to confirm that this is, indeed, what I need to do. 1: Get a Japanese 3DS (not a New 3DS.) and format the system back to the factory version. 2: get a Japanese copy of Fire Emblem Fates, Conquest or Bloodties doesn't matter. 3: format an SD card. 4: Download rxTools on to said SD card. 5: Insert SD card to the Jappanese 3DS and install rxTools. 6: Look up on youtube "how to dump a 3DS game useing rxTools" and do it. 7:Insert the SD card into my pc once more to download the translation patch onto it. 8: insert the SD card back into the 3DS. 9: Run the game and... Profit. Was that correct? Please let me know if I got something wrong. I REALLY want to plan this out before I start spending money the requirements.

Edited by Ben_413

So, I've been asking around and I think I know what I need for this to work. I just want someone to confirm that this is, indeed, what I need to do. 1: Get a japanese 3DS (not a New 3DS.) and format the system back to the factory version. 2: get a japanese copy of Fire Emblem Fates, Conquest or Bloodties doesn't matter. 3: format an SD card. 4: Download rxTools on to said SD card. 5: Insert SD card to the jappanese 3DS and install rxTools. 6: Look up on youtube "how to dump a 3DS game useing rxTools" and do it. 7:Insert the SD card into my pc once more to download the translation patch onto it. 8: insert the SD card back into the 3DS. 9: Run the game and... Profit. Was that correct? Please let me know if I got something wrong. I REALLY want to plan this out before I start spending money the requirements.

Just because its an old 3ds doesn't mean you can easily install a firmware in it. It needs to be in sysnand <= 9.2 or you can't do anything about it.

So, I've been asking around and I think I know what I need for this to work. I just want someone to confirm that this is, indeed, what I need to do. 1: Get a japanese 3DS (not a New 3DS.) and format the system back to the factory version. 2: get a japanese copy of Fire Emblem Fates, Conquest or Bloodties doesn't matter. 3: format an SD card. 4: Download rxTools on to said SD card. 5: Insert SD card to the jappanese 3DS and install rxTools. 6: Look up on youtube "how to dump a 3DS game useing rxTools" and do it. 7:Insert the SD card into my pc once more to download the translation patch onto it. 8: insert the SD card back into the 3DS. 9: Run the game and... Profit. Was that correct? Please let me know if I got something wrong. I REALLY want to plan this out before I start spending money the requirements.

Yeah, frankly, it doesn't matter which 3DS you get. N3DS works better, but it's the same case about finding a firmware.

Also, could I ask you be a bit more careful and capitalize "Japanese" ...? It's pretty rude when you don't.

Yeah, frankly, it doesn't matter which 3DS you get. N3DS works better, but it's the same case about finding a firmware.

Also, could I ask you be a bit more careful and capitalize "Japanese" ...? It's pretty rude when you don't.

I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend anyone, I would never try to disrespect the Japanese people! ;_;

As for the firmware, what do I need to do?

Just because its an old 3ds doesn't mean you can easily install a firmware in it. It needs to be in sysnand <= 9.2 or you can't do anything about it.

What do you mean by "It needs to be in sysnand" ? Please understand, I've never hacked or modded a 3DS before.

What do you mean by "It needs to be in sysnand" ? Please understand, I've never hacked or modded a 3DS before.

sysnand is the 3ds' installed firmware.

emunand is a 3ds firmware located on the partition of the 3ds' sd card. *These things can only be run through an exploit

I think its better if you read these things on a certain site that I'm not really sure its okay to give in these forums because of rules so just google it

Edited by CoffeeDonuts

sysnand is the 3ds' installed firmware.

emunand is a 3ds firmware located on the partition of the 3ds' sd card. This things can only be run through an exploit

I think its better if you read these things on a certain site that I'm not really sure its okay to give in these forums because of rules so just google it

Okay, so your saying that I can't revert the version by any normal means? Surely I could just buy a brand new one that hasn't been updated, right?

Also, would it have to be a Japanese 3DS in order to play FE14?

Edited by Ben_413

Okay, so your saying that I can't revert the version by any normal means? Surely I could just buy a brand new one that hasn't been updated, right?

Also, would it have to be a Japanese 3DS in order to play FE14?

No you can't revert anything as long as the firmware is *above 9.3 and buying a brand new 3ds DOES NOT guarantee an exploitable firmware installed.

Most cfws have region free so it doesn't matter what region the 3ds is *in.

Edited by CoffeeDonuts