Soleil/M!Kamui's Supports are almost offensive

EJ107

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is really problematic….

Even while I'd rather much of Fates to be kept intact, here's one where I'd make a clear exception….

Drugging someone like that is indefensible… EDIT: The core issue is the lack of asking her permission first even when it was a mind-altering potion.

Edited by astrophys

Okay... Some skinship lines were already bad (the ones that were like "I won't control myself", "you belong to me"...) but this... To think the main character would drug someone like this... I hope it's not the same with Femui. And then there is...

Kamui : Why… because before marriage, I can’t thoughtlessly touch a woman’s body. I understand your feelings… but please treasure yourself more.

Dear writers. If you don't want to do anything remotely sexual with someone before marriage, it's fine. But don't fucking tell what to do to other people. And "please treasure yourself more"... Excuse me ? She can do whatever she wants and you're not the ones who decide on her value... I can't believe the sex shaming... Soleil asks him to touch her goddamn chest and he's like "omg that's dirty no" and then he invites people in his room and forces them to let him pet them ? Hypocrisy...

(They're not real people so I know it isn't Kamui's fault but the writers, but damn)

As gross as this support is I still want the localisers to translate it accurately, but apparently I'm the only one who feels that way. Sure I wish they hadn't done this in the first place and hope they never do anything like it again, but that doesn't mean I want to have character personalities changed between versions of the game.

Err, I don't get it. Just looks like 90% of the anime story plots to me, nothing special about it. Is it because Kamui put a powder in her drink when he was trying to help her?

The fact that this shit shows up other places doesn't make it okay. In fact, that's the whole reason it's so bad: the fact that it's so prevalent that people think it's fine due to seeing it everywhere when it's actually completely disgusting.

Sure, it's pretty bad, and I am rather disappointed by Soleil. But I don't want them to change it in the localization, I want to play the game as the developers designed it.(as misguided as that is at times)

I don't want the people who translate the game to change whatever they feel like.

To be fair, as bad as this support is. It's pretty much the only bad one i've seen so far.

The supports overall are better then Awakening by miles.

Well, i can tell that somebody was running out of ideas for support conversations during development. If it wasn't that, then what the hell were they tripping on when they came up with this one?

I've read quite a few good support conversations on pastebin, but this is the worst one i've read so far. I really hope it stays the worst.

Edited by Lawful Angry

How many writers are even responsible for the supports anyways?

Honestly not sure in that regard, I just know our main writer isn't.

There's some things I was not exactly happy regarding skinship / support / ect, but nothing that makes me upset enough to complain about. This, on the other hand........ That's just..... Yeah. I'm hoping that we get a pies baking support for NA release instead. Anything but this.

She should have been a lesbian option.

This is very annoying.

Seriously, why does Shara have a lesbian option, and Soleil doesn't?

This is the weirdest sentence I've ever written, but this game seriously has the wrong people gay.

I could care less about her orientation this screwed up no matter what way you look at it.

To me it's like they "cured" her lesbian feelings which is just plain offensive as it isn't a disease nor does someone being gay or lesbian make them sick.

I'm already annoyed that the only gay and lesbian options are 2 crazy heads.