What asset/flaw do you favor? Why?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most people don't though

I guess... But... That's why I went the road of the maverick and prefer -SKL. Because this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v6vQDILMZw&feature=player_embedded

and this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1suBLwMQ3DY

...are disasters of the highest order.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I went with +Magic -Luck. My asset is magic because I mainly use magic as a Grandmaster and my flaw is luck because I'm not too lucky in real life.

I think its pretty unanimous that Luck is the best flaw to give. The reason being is that it does not affect too many things in the game. Its a factor in evasion, but speed is x3 multiplier compared to Luck with is added at stat value. Same for hit rate (but with skill x3). The only other thing it affects are a couple skills that are not super important and critical avoid. Critical avoid is pretty pointless compared to evasion since if you are never able to get hit, then critical rates from the enemy do not matter. Especially if you have a high enough defense/resistance in the first place.

Otherwise, I tend to favor the HP for the asset. If you raise your defense by one point, then you survive only an extra point in physical damage. No benefit to resistance at all and vice versa. However, a single point increase in HP means you survived another point of damage which is like having an extra point in defence or resistance. The benefit is ta HP increase acts like both a def. and res. gain in one.

Personally, I'd rather be able to face combat without constantly facing the threat of eating a triple damage hit. I also see skill as less important than luck, so yeah... Also, the effects speed and skill have on their respective stats aren't that great since the x3 is divided by half (meaning you get 3 points of evade for every 2 points in speed or vice versa).

Personally, I'd rather be able to face combat without constantly facing the threat of eating a triple damage hit. I also see skill as less important than luck, so yeah... Also, the effects speed and skill have on their respective stats aren't that great since the x3 is divided by half (meaning you get 3 points of evade for every 2 points in speed or vice versa).

better than luck, which provides 1/2 hit/avoid per point of luck and becomes irrelevant the moment you get a B support and its +10 critical avoid

stuff

+10 crit evade isn't enough to negate the threat of critical hits from everything that has enhanced crit.

Edited by Levant Fortner

+10 crit evade isn't enough to negate the threat of critical hits from everything that has enhanced crit.

if the enemy has a killer weapon, having neutral/+lck isn't gonna save you

also what vorena said, if you don't get hit you can't get criticaled

Edited by shadykid

if the enemy has a killer weapon, having neutral/+lck isn't gonna save you

And giving the enemy more chance to get lucky is better HOW? Oh, wait, it isn't.

you're the same person who thinks Vantage/Vengeance is unreliable

why should I care

Using that logic, I have no reason to care about anything you say, so that makes two of us. And in case you weren't paying attention, I have better things to do than go through Myrmidon and then go through Dark Mage and Sorcerer. On top of that, I have better things to do than set up pairings in such a way that the children can get both of those class trees (knowing that aside from Avatar, only children can have that combination).

Edited by Levant Fortner

+Magic -Skill.

I like to use magic a lot, so that's where the +Magic comes from, and I don't need skill that much considering I mainly use Celica's Gale/Book of Naga.

Hmm... I play with random assets and flaws, but my favorite is +DEF/-LCK. An interesting one is +HP though, it fools the enemy into your low defenses, but you can still tank because of high HP. It sucks in Grima arc though.

Even the game itself admits that luck is the worst stat. See: Luck +4 vs. Other Stats +2, Rally Luck being +8 vs. Other Rallies +4

OUCH

Hmm... I play with random assets and flaws, but my favorite is +DEF/-LCK. An interesting one is +HP though, it fools the enemy into your low defenses, but you can still tank because of high HP. It sucks in Grima arc though.

but but but if you get crit by someone..... :rolleyes:

Even the game itself admits that luck is the worst stat. See: Luck +4 vs. Other Stats +2, Rally Luck being +8 vs. Other Rallies +4

Which is why Luck Asset/Flaw has twice the effect of other (non-HP) stats.

I tend to go for +Def/-Luk. I used to prefer +Spd/-Luk until I actually tried this build and realised just how ridiculously good it is. I'm actually not too keen on -Luk and am considering trying something different. I mean sure, from about chapter 5 onwards, luck flaw becomes pretty irrelevant as enemies no longer have crit rates (barring killer weapons), but the earlygame is the hardest part of the game, and having 2 luck (down from 4) when the enemies often have Zeal, Gamble, Thunder tomes or otherwise good skill, and 2-3HKO you, is pretty risky. I'm tempted to say +Def/-Str might well be better, just as long as you plan to go full magic.

I tend to go for +Def/-Luk. I used to prefer +Spd/-Luk until I actually tried this build and realised just how ridiculously good it is. I'm actually not too keen on -Luk and am considering trying something different. I mean sure, from about chapter 5 onwards, luck flaw becomes pretty irrelevant as enemies no longer have crit rates (barring killer weapons), but the earlygame is the hardest part of the game, and having 2 luck (down from 4) when the enemies often have Zeal, Gamble, Thunder tomes or otherwise good skill, and 2-3HKO you, is pretty risky. I'm tempted to say +Def/-Str might well be better, just as long as you plan to go full magic.

nah man, +str/-mag

Integ mode

lol reading into it wrong

Bold: Come to think of it, that's one big reason why I'm adamantly against the idea of having a luck flaw. And on that note, I'd consider Focus and Anathema worth mentioning as well.

Edited by Levant Fortner

it's the most important stat?

When did I imply that? Oh wait, you can't prove that I did, because not once did I imply that luck was the most important stat. I'm just saying it's not the least important stat.

Edited by Levant Fortner

When did I imply that? Oh wait, you can't prove that I did, because not once did I imply that luck was the most important stat. I'm just saying it's not the least important stat.

then how does this disprove his point