Who is your least favorite character in the Tellius games?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of playables, I liked FE9 Astrid but her absurd devotion in FE10 to the lazy gambling drunkard that is Makalov lowered my opinion of her significantly. Unsurprisingly, I don't like Makalov much either. After that it's FE10 Ike (lost all his personality and commitments in the sequel) then Boyd and Shinon (both for being really self conscious and insecure twats). I don't like Skrimir either, and I don't think I have to explain why.

Unplayables, just about every Begnion Senator in FE10 for being shitty villains except Oliver who is kinda endearing.

Meg/Fiona. Absolutely useless on hard even when you pour every single resource available into them.

I gotta agree with this. I would also add Daved/Devdan pretty forgetable I never cared for recruiting him or keeping him alive.

Micaiah is my least favorite. Poorly written, boring as hell character. I wish she wasn't a forced unit, I'd let her die and stay dead. She's too fragile and slow anyway.

Dishonorable mentions: Soren (he's a dick. I mean, I do understand WHY he's the way he is, but I still can't stand it), Geoffrey (booooring. He also loses a few points for being Elincia's only option for a husband when a certain blue-haired mercenary she grew close to exists as well), Mia (annoying, and doesn't even have an appealing design. The only reason I don't lump her with Micaiah is that she does somewhat entertain me in her support with Rhys and I can also see her getting comedic with Boyd)

Oh yeah, I hate Oliver too. In fact, I think I can lump him with Micaiah for least favorite overall. He's just...VERY annoying.

And for non-playable characters, Valtome. No contest. I don't think I need to explain why.

Edited by Anacybele

Title. For me, it's Naesala, at least until he sided with Ike. I hated those damn ravens on the boats. emot-argh.gif

Hiiiisssssssssss. :P:

Dishonorable mention goes to Illyana.

Oh my gods, i really cant stand her. I also dont like Mia. Mia is a really good unit in RD, but i cannot stand her character. She has no substance and is just...bleegh.

Lekain is the biggest bastage in the universe.

Got quite a few:

In-game: Naesala. Dude is an enemy, threatens the life of the party, yet ends up marrying Leanne? Girl is a bird in more ways than one. In-sight: OH GOD! It's a freaking slash/fic Mary Sue match-up. Good girl with special powers who happens to be the last (female) of her kind and ESPECIALLY adored even though her powers may not even be all that special meets up with a bad-boy with a dark and criminal past yet somehow has a lot of cash and money and they instantly fall in love as if guided by the hand of fate despite little to no interaction between them until they end up marrying with several kids.

Vika: Not because of anything Vika does, but because of what she represents. New characters shoved into the plot and given 0 time to develop and don't even have supports to flesh them out. What REALLY smarts is that Vika actually had a chance to give us some insight to the raven people and culture...

Calill: She's just so vain.

Volug: Fan-service foe everyone who wanted a puppy in the game. Naliah gets a pass because at least she doesn't get a werewolfish 'half-form' thingy making her better by comparison.

Due to ****ing fans: Zihark and Stefan: The infamous Mia debates.

Titania: Not so much anymore, but I still hate how much people gush over Olfeys (spelling) and how they've gone from a carry unit that fails near the end to being a unit that starts off godly and ends up on-par or better than the rest simply because of the pony.

Mist: Yes, I get that riding the pony makes her good in RD... In LTC. Stop trying to shove LTC down my throat! Also, no Mist/Rolf? **** move guys.

Edited by Snowy_One

Naesala. He was awesome in FE9 as a slimy backstabber villain, but then in the next game they tried to make him cuddly and whiney. And gameplay wise, he's pretty pathetic for a royal that you're depending on to get through the desert chapter.

Sothe is really annoying, though I don't hate him as much as I used to. Still it would have been nice if he would just gtfo and not be forced in the tower.

Boyd. Typical brainless meathead warrior. Mist could do so much better. Or maybe she can't.

Soren: "I cling on to my victim complex so I can justify being a prick to other people, so that I can continue to cling to my victim complex."

Zelgius: Kills Ike's father for no reason, and then somehow we're supposed to pretend he's an antihero and not a psychopath.

Got quite a few:

In-game: Naesala. Dude is an enemy, threatens the life of the party, yet ends up marrying Leanne? Girl is a bird in more ways than one. In-sight: OH GOD! It's a freaking slash/fic Mary Sue match-up. Good girl with special powers who happens to be the last (female) of her kind and ESPECIALLY adored even though her powers may not even be all that special meets up with a bad-boy with a dark and criminal past yet somehow has a lot of cash and money and they instantly fall in love as if guided by the hand of fate despite little to no interaction between them until they end up marrying with several kids.

Yeah, it's like IS was reading too much Twilight when they came up with that pairing.
Edited by Radiant head

Aw, I love Boyd. I find him so funny and cool. :P

And I think Zelgius/Black Knight is a badass...who I ended up feeling sympathy for in the end despite what he did. I just wanted to give him a hug just before he died, I did.

I also like Naesala. The whole bloodpact thing was a surprising, yet awesome twist to his story there. I didn't like him in PoR because he seemed like he was being a backstabbing ass just for the sake of it. I couldn't help but think "why's this guy doing this crap?" and I just facepalmed when he did it again to Tibarn in RD. But then the bloodpact stuff! I was like, OMG, THAT's why Naesala is Naesala. Poor guy, all he wanted to do was protect his people all that time. I sowwy for calling you mean names, Nestling. :(

But at least we agree on Soren, wee!

Naesala. He was awesome in FE9 as a slimy backstabber villain, but then in the next game they tried to make him cuddly and whiney. And gameplay wise, he's pretty pathetic for a royal that you're depending on to get through the desert chapter.

Soren: "I cling on to my victim complex so I can justify being a prick to other people, so that I can continue to cling to my victim complex."

Yeah, it's like IS was reading too much Twilight when they came up with that pairing.

People mad cuz Naesala wasnt really as big of an asshole as they wanted him to be.

You do realize Soren stops being a shit to other people after a point, right? Or did you miss that part? Looks like you missed it.

Bolded: No, it wasnt Naesala/Leanne that sounds like Twilight. More like Sothe/Micaiah. He is way too Edward Cullen with her and treats her like shit.

You do realize Soren stops being a shit to other people after a point, right? Or did you miss that part? Looks like you missed it.

Bolded: No, it wasnt Naesala/Leanne that sounds like Twilight. More like Sothe/Micaiah. He is way too Edward Cullen with her and treats her like shit.

Yes I did miss that part, assuming such a part even exists, which I don't.

Sothe is a crap I agree, but it doesn't raise my opinion of Naesala one bit.

Edited by Radiant head

I can't hate Sothe. He does so much work in part 1 as a unit. He's killing shit, tanking shit, stealing shit, and finding shit in the ground.

I have a hard time separating gameplay and story.

Also Soren "seducing" the silver card out of Aimee made me like the guy a lot more than I did before. It was too funny. "Oh, Rose of Tellius" Soren pls.

I can't hate Sothe. He does so much work in part 1 as a unit. He's killing shit, tanking shit, stealing shit, and finding shit in the ground.

I have a hard time separating gameplay and story.

Oh yeah he's awesome gameplay-wise. Just in Part 1, but that's arguably the hardest part.

I used to like Soren a lot. It's only after playing both Tellius games too many times that I started to find him tiresome.

Edited by Radiant head

Ilyana is rather gImmicky and one note. A number of Radiant Dawn characters don't get much development due to only having base conversations rather than supports which makes them somewhat boring, but Ilyana doesn't have that excuse.

I know he's pretty much designed to be as unlikable as possible, but Izuka is the only character I can think of in any game where my main thought was "I can't wait until I get to kill this guy." It doesn't help his case that Muarim is my favourite character in the series.

I wanted to like to Micaiah, but I can't. She was alright in Part 1, but Part 3 killed all likability, and she's completely irrelevant in Part 4 because Yune.

FE10 Ike is also incredibly boring, but I guess that's what happens when you have a full game of development. I would have loved for Part 3 to be more about Skrimir.

I also really don't like Pelleas. He's a spineless weakling who doesn't even know how to read a piece of paper. He would have been so much better as a villain.

Yeah, RD Ike makes me crack up even more than his PoR self did with some of those comments he makes towards the enemy! Oh, what he says when Oliver is recruited is priceless... XD He's like "Um...can you please go rejoin the enemy?" LOL

But I agree, the fact that he didn't get much more character development was disappointing. His ending is boring as hell too. I mean, Ike having gone off to explore other lands gives a lot of potential for him to appear in future FEs as a cameo or minor character, but... It felt so out of nowhere and even kind of OOC. :/

Still, I've accepted what we got for him here. I mean, I love the guy to so many pieces. :P

FE10 Ike doesn't get much character development, but I love him for his sarcastic boss convos.

+1 to that. Ike is hilarious in RD because he says the craziest shit with a straight face. The 4-P boss convo is straight up gold.