Will this be a Feb/March 2016 release? Or summer?

HeartTranquil

I'm hoping for January as well.

Is there any chance it could come sooner than they said? Like at E3 they could surprise us and say it'll be out by the later part of 2015. There's probably way too much localizing to do for that to happen, though.

I'm hoping for January as well.

Is there any chance it could come sooner than they said? Like at E3 they could surprise us and say it'll be out by the later part of 2015. There's probably way too much localizing to do for that to happen, though.

That did happen to Super Smash Bros for Wii U, did it not? So hey, who knows, it might be ready for Christmas.

However, I doubt it. Not only is there, like you say, probably a lot to localize (and they have to live up to the localization of Awakening which received considerable praise), but a lot of people are speculating that we won't get the two versions like Japan does, but instead one definitive version including both paths. I'm not very knowledgable of such things, but I can imagine this makes the process a bit longer.

Edited by Thane

Anything but January.

People are broke from Christmas shopping, January is a stupid month to release games. :|

...I hope it's later than February because I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks and won't be able to enjoy it/get it on release. ;A;

Nintendo of America has a history of releasing significant and successful 3DS games in February. FE13 in 2013, Bravely Default in 2014, and Majora's Mask 3D in 2015. February is probably the most likely release window (at least for North America, it may be different in Europe and other regions).

I don't care if it comes out in January or in June, I just hope there is the least amount of delay between NA release and EU release. I really don't want to get spoilers.

Of course, sooner is better. I just hope it doesn't come out in April like Awakening did in Europe.

Call it Q1 to early Q2 2015 for the Nintendo RPG Early Year club?

What's that, you may ask? Let me elaborate.

April 2015 - Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

February 2014 - Bravely Default

February 2013 - Fire Emblem: Awakening

April 2012 - Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

Also, Shadow Dragon, the last localized game prior to Awakening, was also released in February. I think given the sales of Awakening and the lack of tentpoles scheduled for Q1 2016, I think February may be the ticket. Only potential issue is if Nintendo gains the localization rights to Bravely Second.

However, this is all speculation and we can hope to hear more at E3.