FE9 tourney sign-up

Vykan12

As a side note, since this is Swiss style and we don't seem to care who debates whom, we could theoretically advanc e to round 2 before round 1 is done.

I'm not sugegsting it because the debates need votes, but if people get impatient it's a possibility.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tournament is probably going to be halted for a while. Colonel M, Tino and Red Fox all have vacation/other long-term commitments.

Sorry guys. I know people were anticipated to watch me lose all the time but supposedly a drum corps needs me pretty bad (to the point where they're paying for my stay) but I'll be back ASAP. Hopefully I will be more successful next round though.

This tournament is probably going to be halted for a while. Colonel M, Tino and Red Fox all have vacation/other long-term commitments.

kirsche is also on vacation, it must be that time of year. I'll probably be inactive near the end of August since it's back to school time.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Colonel M, Tino and Red Fox all have vacation/other long-term commitments.

You forgot about me.

Whatever, I'm back now, my closer will be up tomorrow or perhaps the day after next as i have to unpack.

OK, I think we should suspend the "justify your vote" rule, because some people don't really seem to have the time to do so, and the debates really need judging(plus some people already have unjustified votes). I guess if you want more elaboration, you can request the judge for some. I plan to justify my votes and elaborate more when asked, but I know some people are busy and 5 votes per debate would really be nice.

On a side note, I think Sirius should be made a judge. Ether too, though he still has to finish his debate.

I wouldn't mind Judging but I think I should drop out of this tournament.

It's your decision I suppose. However, if people want to drop after this round, we should really just make this a standard elimination round and not run Swiss. I do have a way in which to have a 5 person tournament though, here's an example. Names are just examples, I'm not declaring winners.

Cynthia

Vykan

kirsche

Tino

Ether

Each participant has 2 debates in the next round, like so:

Cynthia vs. Vykan

Vykan vs. kirsche

kirsche vs. Tino

Tino vs. Ether

Ether vs. Cynthia

Each debater gets 1 point for each vote they receive. The two debaters with the most points have a final debate.

Uh yeah, the only reason I haven't judged yet is because I want to elaborate, but on the other hand I'm a bit too lazy for it. I usually generally agree with vykan anyway.

Ether, it's been 12 days since RF posted her counter. If you don't post by the time Tino returns from vacation, I'll probably DQ you.

I'm sorry i haven't replied, but I have to double-check something to finish my debate, mainly this:

Shinon's Provoke works for ranged attackers even if there's someone with 1-range in front of him.

Sadly, my friend has taken 2 months to finish this game, technically more, but wtv, so either I'll have to:

a) Steal it back.

B) Get her to test it.

c) Concede the point.

And I don't really want to do tha latter.

I'm sorry i haven't replied, but I have to double-check something to finish my debate, mainly this:

Sadly, my friend has taken 2 months to finish this game, technically more, but wtv, so either I'll have to:

a) Steal it back.

B) Get her to test it.

c) Concede the point.

And I don't really want to do tha latter.

As far as I can tell, it does work some of the time, since I've had archers randomly target Shinon when Ike is in range. But like how Ilyana gets targeted even with Shade, it's not foolproof.

I don't think it applies for long range tomes/ballistae. I've never noticed them to take priority for Shinon over targets they hit for effective damage.

We're waiting on Ether and Kirsche.

I know. It's been a while though, kirsche was on vacation, don't know about Ether. They've had over 2 weeks to respond, might be time for some deadlines. Maybe by the end of this weekend or something?

Aright, round 1 is finally finished. Names in bold are winnars.

Vykan (Tanith) vs Colonel M (Ike)

Kirsche (Janaff) vs Mekkah (Shinon)

Cynthia (Calill) vs Sirius (Geoffrey)

B2BD (Volke) vs Tino (Muarim)

Ether (Ilyana) vs Red Fox (Nephenee)

So do the winners get 1 point each, or do we allot everyone a score based on how many votes they got? If it's the latter, there's still a lot of judges who didn't render their verdict.

Edited by Vykan12

Winners 1 point each sounds simpler to me as there's a lot of votes missing: which would kind of skew things out of proportion.

Red Fox vs. Ether?

I'm assuming Red Fox automatically wins that one, but I'm not the one running this tournament.

Over 2 weeks already?

You suckers (kirshe and Ether) have until thursday or I'm booting you out of this round.

It's Friday now.

You figure it out.

Edited by Norton Sez What?

Aright, round 1 is finally finished. Names in bold are winnars.

Vykan (Tanith) vs Colonel M (Ike)

Mekkah (Shinon) vs Kirsche (Janaff)

Cynthia (Calill) vs Sirius (Geoffrey)

B2BD (Volke) vs Tino (Muarim)

So do the winners get 1 point each, or do we allot everyone a score based on how many votes they got? If it's the latter, there's still a lot of judges who didn't render their verdict.

Sirius has expressed interest in not being in tournament anymore, and if we're disqualifying Ether moving him to the next round seems...silly, which is why I'm in favor of elimination now given the circumstances. Makes me feel a little bad about the losers though, I guess we could cut those 2 out and just give all the winners 1 point.

But yeah, we can't add up points unless each debate has 5 votes, although that's only 2 votes for Vykan/Colonel and 1 for B2BD/Tino and Mekkah/kirsche. There are some issues with Red Fox/Ether then though.