Kanto Nuzlocke Journey

Acacia Sgt

Well, starting from scratch my FireRed game, I decided to gave it a nuzlocke spin to it. It's so unlike how I like to play these games, but I figured, why not try it at least once? All this will be done as much blindly as I can get to do. I can't expect to forget what I already know isn't it? :lol:

So without further ramblings...

Starting a new file, and go through the almost always the same intro. How many times by now? Too much to remember. Anyway, with that said and done we can finally get to business. Grab the Potion from the PC (it's always there in every Gen isn't it?) and head outside and to the tall grass for Oak to then drag me to the lab.

Time to choose a starter. Grabbed Charmander for variety's sake, have always been choosing Bulbasaur before. Brave nature, I guess that's okay. Nicknamed it Blaze. And then I realized 5 seconds later it's ability is also called Blaze. Well, derp. Not that it matters really. And gee, Blue wants to fight me already. As always, he gets the one with type-advantage over mine. Some things never change...

Charmander vs. Squirtle. Not much to say here. Well, except for the freaking turtle getting two crits in a row. Had it not been for that Potion I would've lost. How pathetic would that have been. Anyway, managed to turn around the fight and win.

So I'm off, through Route 1, receiving a free Potion, and finding that other in Viridian. Old man blocking the way north, so time to be railroaded into delivering that parcel. Well, it's not too bad, now I have Pokéballs to actually start capturing stuff. Then the Town Map and now I'm off to really begin.

So first capture of the run... a Rattata. Nothing that two scratches can't drop into low HP. Got it. Adamant nature. Named it Joey. Should be obvious why.

Now back to Viridian, as Blaze fights the way, and learns Ember. Nice. Now after healing, Routes 22 and 2 are ripe for captures. Time to get to it.

Route 22 gives me a Mankey. Gentle Nature... *record scratch* Wait...

Gentle Nature... Gentle... GENTLE!? :blink:

As if Calm Gyarados wasn't enough... anyway, named it Hideyoshi. I blame SW3 for that. And I don't know if Aipom is capture-able here so why not.

And Route 2 gives me Pidgey. Gentle as well. Well, this one isn't that out of place at least. And gets called Raptor. More like Phantom or TigerII right now; well, he may soon live up to it's name when fully evolved. If he manages...

So now that I have this ragtag bunch of misfits, time for some training! Got them all to level 6. Raptor learning Sand-Attack and Hideyoshi Low Kick on the way. No way I'll fight Blue on Route 22 right now, so I'll head straight to Viridian Forest first. And that's all for today.

Current Team

Pokémon    Name        Lv. Nature    HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spd Ability          Move 1       Move 2       Move 3       Move 4

Charmander Blaze         8 Brave     26  14  13  16  15  14 Blaze            Ember        Scratch      Growl
Rattata    Joey          6 Adamant   20  12   9   8   9  15 Run Away         Tackle       Tail Whip
Mankey     Hideyoshi     6 Gentle    21  15   8   9  12  14 Vital Spirit     Low Kick     Scratch      Leer
Pidgey     Raptor        6 Gentle    22  12   9  10   9  12 Keen Eye         Tackle       Sand-Attack

Graveyard:

None yet... for now.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Btw, anyone knows how to make those box thingies? It sure could use to look better.

Like this?

Pokemon    Name        Lv. Nature    HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe Ability          Move 1       Move 2       Move 3       Move 4

Charmander Blaze         8 Brave     26  14  13  16  15  14 Blaze            Ember        Scratch      Growl
Rattata    Joey          6 Adamant   20  12   9   8   9  15 Run Away         Tackle       Tail Whip
Mankey     Hideyoshi     6 Gentle    21  15   8   9  12  14 Vital Spirit     Low Kick     Scratch      Leer
Pidgey     Raptor        6 Gentle    22  12   9  10   9  12 Keen Eye         Tackle       Sand-Attack

Good luck.

So now at the forest. Got an Antidote on that lone tree in the begginning. And the capture is Weedle. No yellow rat this run it seems. Sassy nature, called him Stinger. Found a Poké Ball in the grass. Well, time to train the worm. Certainly not here... and certainly not ever. A Rattata critted him twice. So long Stinger, we hardley knew ya.

Well, we must move on, time to unleash our fury on the Bug Catchers. But first, grabbed that Potion on the SE corner. Okay, now to unleash our fury on the Bug Catchers! Man, those Harden Kakuna and Metapod will make this lengthy. Well, at least it's easy EXP.

Oh look, Antidone in plain sight. Good for those pesky Weedles and their Poison Sting.

What the... Raptor missed with Tackle twice in a row fighting a Metapod. Geez, what's with the paired crits, misses, etc. And now Joey fighting a Weedle, they both Crit in their attacks. Yep, at the very least whoever is in charge of the RNG loves to do things twice.

Well, made it out of the forest and into Pewter. Healed the team, and went to the GYM. Well, managed to beat the Camper, but I'm still light-years levels away from beating Brock. On the other hand, Low Kick may be what can do the trick on Onix, but still, better safe than sorry.

Pokémon    Name        Lv. Nature    HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spd Ability          Move 1       Move 2       Move 3       Move 4

Charmander Blaze         9 Brave     28  15  14  17  16  15 Blaze            Ember        Scratch      Growl
Rattata    Joey          9 Adamant   25  16  12   9  11  20 Run Away         Quick Attack Tackle       Tail Whip
Mankey     Hideyoshi     9 Gentle    27  20  10  11  15  18 Vital Spirit     Low Kick     Scratch      Leer
Pidgey     Raptor        9 Gentle    28  15  11  13  12  16 Keen Eye         Gust         Tackle       Sand-Attack

Graveyard:

Stinger (Weedle) - Killed by a crit-happy Rattata while training on Route 1.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So after some grinding, got everyone to the 10-11 range. And now to challenge Brock.

Geodude fell by a Karate Chop that critted. Onix proved to be a close call. Despite my earlier thoughts, I forgot about using Low Kick, and that allowed Onix to even the field. Switched to Blaze and finished it with an Ember that critted. Again, what's with this double events...

Anyway, got the Boulderbadge. Now I can go to Route 3 and got the Running Shoes. Finally. Now to fight stuff other than Bug Catchers. Made it through the route with little to no problems, and for this area's capture, a Spearow. Adamant Nature. That's some lack of variety there. Named it Flanker... yeah, I like my aircraft.

I considered if to buy the Magikarp from the salesman but... decided not to. It would be tedious to train it, and since the PokéCenter is in Route 4, I guess by the rules it wouldn't let me capture one from there so... I left it alone. Now into Mt. Moon.

Gee, I wonder, what's the capture... *sees a Zubat* Totally didn't see it coming! :o::P:

Quirky Nature. Well, at least it's not Gentle or Adamant. Named it Alucard. Planned to train it on Route 3 but... a Nidoran Male landed a crit and... yeah, one more lost on the cause. A team of 5 through the mountain it is.

As expected, Zubat are commonplace, but can serve for some easy EXP. Not even the Rocket Grunts gave that much of a trouble, except for that one with the Lv13 Rattata, dammit Hyper Fang. Once I reached the Super Nerd, I choose the Dome Fossil. That's Kabuto's right? Eh, well, I'll worry about that later.

And so I cross down the ledges, ignoring the Move Tutors for now, and made it to Cerulean and healed. I'll get to business next update.

And it was at those moments when I realized I missed Blue's battle on Route 22. Oops. Was there anything to gain from that battle anyway? The only thing I know that battle ever affected anything was which Eevolution would happen in Yellow. But this isn't Yellow so eh. *shrugs*

Charmander Blaze        14 Brave     38  22  19  24  23  22 Blaze            Ember        Metal Claw   Scratch      Growl
Rattata    Joey         14 Adamant   33  22  16  13  14  28 Run Away         Hyper Fang   Quick Attack Tackle       Tail Whip
Mankey     Hideyoshi    14 Gentle    37  29  14  15  22  26 Vital Spirit     Karate Chop  Low Kick     Scratch      Leer
Pidgey     Raptor       14 Gentle    39  21  16  17  16  23 Keen Eye         Quick Attack Gust         Tackle       Sand-Attack
Spearow    Flanker      14 Adamant   37  25  13  15  17  27 Keen Eye         Peck         Fury Attack  Growl        Leer

Graveyard:

Alucard (Zubat) - Crit-killed by a Nidoran Male wielding the Vampire-Killer while training on Route 3.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, with the team healed, time to make the Route 4 capture. And it's Ekans. Careful nature. Called it Jessie. Time for training!

*half-an-hour later*

Okay, the team is mostly Level 15, I'll risk fighting Blue now. So heading towards Route 24 and here it comes.

First is Pidgeotto... wait a minute! It's Level 17, Pidgey doesn't evolve until Level 18. I call foul! ANyway, it's the bird versus Blaze. And it starts to spam Sand-Attack, so annoying.

However, Blue decides to switch to Squirtle. Who is Leel 18 yet still a Squirtle. His team is weird... anyway, keeping Blaze would be suicidal so I switch to Joey, who gets lucky causing a flinching with Hyper Fang then a critical hit with the next one, taking it down.

Blue sends hax-bird again, I bring back Blaze as well. Not a good idea, he kept spamming Sand-Attack then Quick Attack forcing me to switch lest Blaze dies. So it's up to Flanker to finish the task, also getting his HP in the red in the process.

Next was his Rattata, which Hideyoshi took care with a Karete Chop. And last is Abra... who needless to say it's a complete joke. Jessie took it down, she needed the easy battle.

And so I won. He gives me the Fame Checker. Some healing is in order and now to head up Nugget Bridge.

Okay, at this point the Bug Catchers are dumb. Really now, 4 Level 10's yet no Butterfree or Beedril in sight. ANyway, got through the trainers in short order and the Rocket Grunt gave me a Nugget. And an offer to join Team Rocket. Well I'd say... wait, what do you mean the game doesn't let me choose? What if I do want to join Team Rocket!? Nah, just joking.

Anyway, headed for the grass of Route 24. First in sight is an Oddish. Hardy nature, called it Brian. What? I can't make them all be a reference to something. Some are quite hard to figure out a good one for. *shrug* So I know have my first reserve. Let's see if he'll see some action someday.

Anyway, started to head right through Route 25. Not bothering with the grass right now. My only options are Abra, who it's an 'On first try or bust due to Teleport', or Caterpie who would be too weak to try to weaken, as shown in Route 24, they're Level 7 or 8. So I can take save it for later.

So, heading towards Bill's. And awesome, Blaze evolves! First evolution oh yeah! :newyears:

And oh look, here's Youngster Joey. With a Rattata. But no, this isn't the one who brags of his top-percentage Rattata, wrong region. :P:

So reaching halfway through, I'm stopping here. Until next time.

Charmeleon Blaze        16 Brave     48  28  27  34  30  29 Blaze            Ember        Metal Claw   Scratch      Growl
Rattata    Joey         16 Adamant   37  24  17  14  16  32 Run Away         Hyper Fang   Quick Attack Tackle       Tail Whip
Mankey     Hideyoshi    16 Gentle    41  33  16  16  24  29 Vital Spirit     Karate Chop  Low Kick     Scratch      Fury Swipes
Pidgey     Raptor       16 Gentle    43  23  18  19  18  26 Keen Eye         Quick Attack Gust         Tackle       Sand-Attack
Spearow    Flanker      16 Adamant   41  28  14  16  19  31 Keen Eye         Peck         Fury Attack  Growl        Leer
Ekans      Jessie       16 Careful   37  27  21  16  27  23 Intimidate       Bite         Poison Sting Wrap         Leer

Reserves:

Brian (Oddish)

Graveyard:

Alucard (Zubat) - Crit-killed by a Nidoran Male wielding the Vampire-Killer while training on Route 3.

Well, I decided to make the capture anyway. It was an Abra. Called it Einstein just because and that's another to the bench... er, PC.

Anyway, decided to bring Brian to the party, so I switched him for Flanker. Oh noes, he's under-leveled compared to the rest! Whatever shall I do? Oh hi there Hiker with 3 Geodudes and a Machop. :awesome: Managed to catch up nicely, that he did.

So, reached Bill's, helped him out, and got the Ticket and the Eeveelution entries as a bonus. Not that it matters much in this run. Well, time to backtrack and to challenge the GYM.

Time to fight against Misty. Staryu fell against Brian, and level-up and learned Sleep Powder. Just in time for Starmie, hehe. And got the Cascadebadge!

Finally I can move on, through the house and fight the Rocket Grunt and got the Dig TM. Then down to Vermillion. Captured a Meowth on Route 5, called it Robert. Then on Route 6 I avoided the grass. There's no possible new captures here... yet. And awesome, Raptor evolved here. :newyears:

Reaching Vermillion, lots of stuff to do here. Healed up, got the VS Seeker, will prove very useful, the Old Rod and Bike Voucher. Time for some backtracking and get that overinflated bike for free. Problem Bike Shop? :smug:

Now that I have the rod, time to fish in Route 6's pond. Gee, I wonder what I'll find...

*Sees Magikarp*

Shocking, I know. Anyway, easy capture, called it Mizuryu. I'm sure that may not be how it goes but... eh. And for added measure, went to Route 11 already and got myself a Drowsee. Pretty much my only possible option, again. Called it Baku because... nothing else came to mind. So yeah...

Anyway, time for some grinding... again!

*Some time later...*

Are we there yet?

*More time later*

No? Ah, this will take awhile...

Charmeleon Blaze        19 Brave     55  33  31  39  35  34 Blaze            Ember        Metal Claw   Scratch      Growl
Mankey     Hideyoshi    18 Gentle    45  36  17  18  26  33 Vital Spirit     Karate Chop  Low Kick     Scratch      Fury Swipes
Pidgeotto  Raptor       19 Gentle    58  33  26  28  26  35 Keen Eye         Quick Attack Gust         Tackle       Sand-Attack
Oddish     Brian        18 Hardy     48  26  27  33  33  17 Chlorophyll      Absorb       Sleep Powder Stun Spore   Poisonpowder
Magikarp   Mizuryu      13 Careful   31  10  21  10  13  28 Swift Swim       Splash
Drowsee    Baku         14 Quirky    41  21  19  17  31  18 Insomnia         Confusion    Pound        Hypnosis     Disable

Reserves:

Einstein (Abra)

Robert (Meowth)

Flanker (Spearow)

Joey (Rattata)

Jessie (Ekans)

Graveyard:

Stinger (Weedle) - Killed by a crit-happy Rattata on Route 1.

Alucard (Zubat) - Crit-killed by a Nidoran(M) wielding the Vampire-Killer on Route 3.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this game just likes to mess up with me with the status ailments. Had the unfortunate case of running out of Antidotes and getting poisoned again. Yeah, Flanker didn't made it. Well, on the plus side, I still have Raptor and eventually Blaze for the flying department. And I guess if I'm that desperate I can use that in-game trade. Though, I'm sure since he is now dead I can't? Well, who knows, I'm not doing it just in case. Anyway, also went slightly ahead and went to Diglett's Cave. Go on, you have 3 guesses on to what I captured there. And no, it's not Dugtrio. Named him Monty.

So, I headed to the S.S. Anne already. Sure is prevalent with Water Types, courtesy of those Sailors and Fishermen.

Alright... I don't feel like fighting Blue right away. I'm heading off to Route 11 first and fight the trainers. If only I had captured a Pikachu... and Mizuryu evolves, oh yeah! :newyears: All that grinding finally payed off. Hehe, Gamers... funny how they could get away with calling them Gamblers before and now... yeah. Aw, I'm only over halfway to get the Itemfinder. Guess I'll have to get back here later. Well, time to fight Blue now.

Opening with Pidgeotto again, if anyone can take it it's Mizuryu. Man, Pidgeotto had no chance. :lol: Now comes Raticate... what, it's still Level 16! What's with him and evolved Pokémon below the legal requirement? Go take a Karate Chop to the face, cheater... :dry: Now comes Kadabra, not useless anymore huh. Woah, Disable and getting confused by Confusion, Mizuryu almost struggled there... almost. Now last is Wartortle. Brian, time to shine... gah, stop flinching! Sure loves to Bite-spam huh. Phew, made it.

Now finally, I get the Cut HM from the Captain, and leave the ship. I don't think I missed anything from here... if I did, oh well. I'm ready to tackle the GYM, which will be... next time.

Charmeleon Blaze        21 Brave     60  35  33  43  38  36 Blaze            Ember        Metal Claw   Scratch      Growl
Mankey     Hideyoshi    20 Gentle    49  40  18  19  28  36 Vital Spirit     Karate Chop  Low Kick     Scratch      Fury Swipes
Diglett    Monty        20 Docile    36  30  20  24  24  45 Arena Trap       Dig          Scratch      Magnitude    Growl
Oddish     Brian        20 Hardy     52  29  30  37  37  19 Chlorophyll      Absorb       Sleep Power  Stun Spore   Poisonpowder
Gyarados   Mizuryu      20 Careful   73  59  40  31  53  41 Intimidate       Bite         Tackle       Splash
Drowsee    Baku         20 Quirky    55  29  26  23  43  24 Insomnia         Confusion    Headbutt     Hypnosis     Disable

Reserves

Einstein (Abra)

Robert (Meowth)

Joey (Rattata)

Jessie (Ekans)

Raptor (Pidgeotto)

Graveyard

Alucard (Zubat) - Crit-killed by a Nidoran(M) weilding the Vampire Killer on Route 3.

Flanker (Spearow) - Poisoned to death while traversing Route 6

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• 3 weeks later...

Man, it's been a while, hasn't it? :lol:

So, I teach Joey Cut, and enter the GYM with a team of 5. I'll manage.

Funny the guy at the entrance mentions a Bird Type. You'd think that they should've get it already that the Bird Type was long scrapped. Well, time to fight the trainers before anything, and Brian evolves here. :newyears:

With the trainers out of the way... finally, the first GYM with a puzzle. Finding the switches inside the trash cans. And just my luck, the very last one I check was the one with the first switch. :dry:

At least I found the 2nd on the first time.

Now, it's time to fight against Lt. Surge! And my guess is that the war he's talking about was the Gulf War. Could make sense since that was the most recent conflict the US had participated in by the game's original release. That I know of anyway...

So, battle starts with Voltorb, to which I send Monty. Gets OHKO'ed by a Magnitude 9. And for all due respect, no earthquake-related jokes from me here. Move along...

Next is Hideyoshi versus Pikachu. I Karate Chop the mouse, but got close from a OHKO which Surge uses a Super Potion, but next one did made the one-shot.

And for the finale it's Blaze and Raichu. Now this one loves to spam Double Team, fortunately I managed to inflict Burn.... to which Surge used a Full Heal. But Ember pulled through!

And so, I have the Thunderbadge!

With the GYM cleared there is no more reason to stay here. Time to bike through Diglett's Cave to Route 2. Since I do have more than 10 Pokémon I get the Flash HM from the Aide on that building. Good thing, traversing Rock Tunnel without it is such a pain...

But first, north to Pewter to get to the back of the Museum and pick up the Old Amber. Hmm, which to revive when I reach Cinnabar? Well, I have plenty of time to decide.

So time to move on, back to Cerulean and now east to Route 9. No new possible captures so I just deal with the trainers here to Route 10. Geez, Level 20 Caterpie and Weedle? What's with this Bug Catcher? And speaking of, there was also that Camper with a Level 21 Charmander. Why unevolved? No idea. :huh:

Now finally at Route 10, Voltorb is my only option for a capture, and since it's my last chance for an Electric type in a long while, I better catch it!

Success! And it gets named Ampere.

So finally at the Pokémon Center. I'm one capture less from receiving that Everstone. Well, with Rock Tunnel just around the corner it won't be a problem. But for now, here I stop.

Charmeleon Blaze        22 Brave     63  37  35  45  40  38 Blaze            Ember        Metal Claw   Scratch      Growl
Mankey     Hideyoshi    22 Gentle    53  43  20  21  30  40 Vital Spirit     Karate Chop  Low Kick     Scratch      Focus Energy
Diglett    Monty        21 Docile    37  31  21  25  25  47 Arena Trap       Dig          Scratch      Magnitude    Fury Swipes
Gloom      Brian        22 Hardy     63  38  39  44  44  25 Chlorophyll      Absorb       Sleep Power  Stun Spore   Poisonpowder
Gyarados   Mizuryu      22 Careful   79  64  43  34  58  45 Intimidate       Bite         Tackle       Splash
Drowsee    Baku         22 Quirky    59  32  28  24  47  26 Insomnia         Confusion    Headbutt     Hypnosis     Poison Gas

Reserves

Einstein (Abra)

Robert (Meowth)

Joey (Rattata)

Jessie (Ekans)

Raptor (Pidgeotto)

Ampere (Voltorb)

Graveyard

Alucard (Zubat) - Crit-killed by a Nidoran(M) weilding the Vampire Killer on Route 3.

Flanker (Spearow) - Poisoned to death while walking on Route 6

• 2 weeks later...

Another gap, but I managed to cover quite a bit this time.

So I enter the Rock Tunnel and the capture was a Machop and named him Rocky. No, he ain't making the championship yet, can't even get him to Machamp due to lol trade. I can only do so much with just a single GBA. Anyway...

I get that Everstone even if I'll probably never use it. Teach Ampere Flash and on we go!

The place is quite filled with Pokémaniacs huh. Did one just made a G Gundam reference?

This glowing hand of mine is burning with an awesome power! Take this! My love! My anger! Shining Finger!!!!

Eh... yeah, I got carried away there. I'm not even sure if it's correct, I've only heard it in Japanese with no subtitles (read: in Super Robot Wars).

So I make it through the cave, reaching the lower half of Route 10. lol, that Picknicker wishing for a pink with floral pattern Pokémon. Wait a Gen and a half for that. Come to think of it, this line was also in the originals. Wait four Gens then?

So after clearing the trainers here, I reach Lavender Town. Quite the cheery music eh? There's Pokémon Tower alright, but that means Blue so I'm heading south to Route 12 to battle a bit until I reach the Snorlax again, reaching to my first double battle of the game with a Young Couple. Though overall it did gave quite low EXP compared to the Fishermen. Oh well.

So I enter the tower and fight Blue once again!

He'll always begin with the bird huh? But now I finally have something to easily take care of him. Ampere, take the stage! Next is Growlithe, and I exploit types once more sending Monty. Next is Wartortle... what, that soon? I send Brian, but he withdraws (no, not the move) for Exeggcute, which I counter doing the same for Blaze, and once that's taken care of, we resume the previous battle. And for last is Kadabra. Mizuryu comes for Bite once more, though Kadabra is wise in using Disable, not that it helps him one bit, netting me victory.

Now I know full well he no longer has that Raticate, but just because this is Pokémon Tower doesn't mean it died. I mean come on, he even says he was here to capture a Cubone, not mourning his Raticate, right? Right...?

Well, upstairs are the ghosts which is hilarious when even Mewtwo can still be paralyzed in fear, so no point heading further. Time to head west to Route 8. Oh look, more censorship, ''Rambling, gaming'', really now, they could've just changed it, they know the joke is lost now. Meanwhile, good stuff here, Baku and Monty evolve. :newyears:

Only possible capture is Growlithe... which I crit-killed... :mellow:

Well, I still have Route 7, with MORE success. Called him Pyro.

Ah, Celadon City, so much stuff to do here. First get that Eevee. Named him Triton, buy a Water Stone, and ta-da! Instant Vaporeon. I need someone who can abuse Water STAB better than Mizuryu. Sorry tough guy, but it's time to get benched.

Well, time to storm the Rocket Hideout. HEhe, the GYM guy is here, but nevermind that, it's time for some Rocket busting. Man, these guys are dumb. ''Oh no, I dropped the LIFT KEY!'', ''The battle must've opened the door somehow!''. Who hires these guys anyway? Ah, speaking of, time to fight Giovanni.

Brian, meet Onix and Rhyhorn. Onix and Rhyhorn, meet 4x Grass weakness. :B): Oh yeah, there's also Kangaskhan, well, Rocky with Karate Chop will suffice.

So I recover the Silph Scope, but of course, we're not giving it back yet... or ever. Time to hit the road again, but first, there's a GYM to overcome. Time to bring back Joey for Cut.

Heheh, that old man just outside the building. And now he got censored as well come Gen IV. Geez, what's with the once-okay now-prohibited stuff.

Well, enter here a ride of annoyance with the status ailment moves. But there was also good things, like Rocky evolving. Well, that's as far as you go evolution-wise. Now it's time to battle Erika.

Baku lands a lucky crit on Victreebel, netting a OHKO. Next is Tangela. No dual-type to exploit so I bring Blaze to do it the old-fashioned way. Though it did put up a fight with Ingrain and Giga Drain. Which then backfired when it allowed to not trigger Erika's Hyper Potion. Haha. And finally is Vileplume. Baku come back here. Now this one was also lengthy. Baku came close from another OHKO, meaning that Hyper Potion did go used. And then he got inflicted with Paralysis. But I came through in the end, earning the Rainbowbadge!

Celadon is done. Coming soon *puts on Proton Pack*, Pokémon Tower!

Hypno      Baku         28 Quirky    88  54  49  47  73  47 Insomnia         Confusion    Headbutt     Hypnosis     Poison Gas
Voltorb    Ampere       27 Lonely    66  28  36  41  41  67 Soundproof       Spark        Sonicboom    Screech      Flash
Dugtrio    Monty        27 Docile    59  53  39  39  44  73 Arena Trap       Dig          Scratch      Mud-Slap     Magnitude
Vaporeon   Triton       27 Gentle   108  41  38  68  66  40 Water Absorb     Quick Attack Sand-Attack  Growl        Helping Hand
Charmeleon Blaze        28 Brave     78  47  43  56  50  48 Blaze            Ember        Metal Claw   Scratch      Smokescreen
Gloom      Brian        27 Hardy     75  46  48  53  53  30 Chlorophyll      Acid         Absorb       Sleep Power  Stun Spore

Reserves

Einstein (Abra)

Robert (Meowth)

Joey (Rattata)

Jessie (Ekans)

Pyro (Growlithe)

Raptor (Pidgeotto)

Hideyoshi (Mankey)

Mizuryu (Gyarados)

Rocky (Machoke)

Graveyard

Flanker (Spearow) - Poisoned to death while walking on Route 6

So up the tower we go. You know, what did the ghosts wanted to accomplish by possessing the Channelers again? Eh, I don't know. They sure are considerate since they're all females. Then again, a Channeler or two has more than one ghost... and yet they're still being summoned in Pokéballs. Meh, I'm ranting at this point...

Anyway, the catch of the area is... Cubone!? Well, there goes my chance of getting a Ghost. And I already have Monty anyway. I called him Wayne and moved on. Man, now what's with this one: ''Give me... your... all...'' Eh, give her what? More censorship, the original stated it was your soul. Funny they change that, but they still keep the one wanting your blood. Go figure. :mellow:

Reaching the stairs to the last floor, ah, here's the Marowak's ghost. And then the Rocket's on the top floor. These should be piece of cake... wait, that Koffing used Selfdestruct!? Nooooooooo.... ouch, there goes the neighborhood, and Monty. Dying in a cemetery has to be like one of the biggest ironies in life I guess. Now what was this about getting a Cubone a few floors back? I wish it was planned, but I really didn't see that Selfdestruct coming. Oh well.

So now I chase the Rockets away and reach Mr. Fuji. And now I get the Poké Flute. Yes, now I can reach southern Kanto. But first, I need to bring Wayne up to speed with the others. Time to abuse that Vs. Seeker.

*Cue training montage*

Alright, done. And Wayne evolved to boot. :newyears:

Hmm, now here comes the point that I've always wondered. The game has been more or less linear until reaching Celadon, since after the Rocket Hideout you get both the Silph Scope for Marowak's Ghost and the Rocket in front of Silph Co. in Saffron moves so both areas are open now. While the Tower is hinted as the way to go ever since reaching Lavender, but afterwards you can head to Fuchsia now through either path and still have Silph Co. to deal with. Level-wise all 3 are in similar ranges. Now, I've always tackled Silph Co. first, and for this run it'd be no different. So in we go!

So first order of business head to 5F to get that Card Key, and afterwards wipe the building clean going upwards. Now, I get the Scientists since they're basically betraying the company, but what's with the random Juggler? And then a Rocket mentions something about me betraying them. What? I did say no back at Nugget Bridge you dolt!

lol One of the scientists mention being relocated to the Tiksi Branch of Silph Co. He calls it the Russian No-Man's Land, but isn't Tiksi in Siberia, or around there anyway? He clearly must hate Siberia then... wait a second, if he got relocated what's he doing here anyway? :huh:

At any rate, Ampere evolves, yes! Now, I finish all the mooks and my team is in the 32's. That's a bit low considering Blue and Giovanni's levels. How have I ever manage to clear this in one go again? No way I want to risk it with these levels. I know I'm still missing the Fighting Dojo, but I'm gonna do something different here and head to Fuchsia already. Those two aren't getting anywhere. :P:

But first, with Ampere evolving I now have the 30 for the Itemfinder. So let's take a little detour. Yes, I'm not heading to Fuchsia through Routes 12-15. It'd be through Cycling Road instead.

So I head west to Route 16. First get the Fly HM from the house. Wakey wakey Snorlax. And he's now known as Fatso. Now time to show those Bikers and Cue Balls who's boss. Now I enter Route 17 and time to start fighting around the downward slope. Now this I don't get. They say it's a slope, and indeed you get forced down if you don't press any button, yet the ocean and lakes are always in level with the ground. I don't get how that works, but I'll take their word for it. Anyway, I encounter a Doduo, called him Hermes. For Route 18 I'm not capturing anything. My options left are Raticate, which if I'd really need one then I'd just evolve Joey, and while Flanker is dead I'm not bothering in getting Fearow since, well, I still have Raptor and eventually Blaze so I'm still good there.

And so I reach Fuchsia and that's all for today folks.

Hypno      Baku         34 Quirky   105  66  59  57  87  56 Insomnia         Confusion    Headbutt     Hypnosis     Meditate
Gloom      Brian        34 Hardy     92  58  60  66  66  39 Chlorophyll      Acid         Absorb       Sleep Power  Stun Spore
Charmeleon Blaze        34 Brave     92  56  53  69  59  58 Blaze            Flamethrower Metal Claw   Scratch      Smokescreen
Vaporeon   Triton       34 Gentle   134  51  47  85  82  51 Water Absorb     Bite         Quick Attack Sand-Attack  Helping Hand
Marowak    Wayne        34 Relaxed   94  68  97  43  60  41 Lightningrod     Headbutt     Bone Club    Bonemerang   Focus Energy
Electrode  Ampere       34 Lonely    95  49  57  68  68 112 Soundproof       Spark        Rollout      Screech      Flash

Reserves

Einstein (Abra)

Robert (Meowth)

Joey (Rattata)

Jessie (Ekans)

Pyro (Growlithe)

Raptor (Pidgeotto)

Hideyoshi (Mankey)

Hermes (Doduo)

Mizuryu (Gyarados)

Rocky (Machoke)

Fatso (Snorlax)

Graveyard

Flanker (Spearow) - Poisoned to death while walking on Route 6.

Monty (Dugtrio) - Colateral damage of a selfdestructing Koffing in Pokémon Tower.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, now here in Fuchsia, time to get to business. Got the Good Rod, then got into the Safari Zone. Great, I'm gonna get lost in there... and the capture was Exeggcute, named him Palmer.

Well, that wasn't so bad, made it to the house with the Surf HM with almost 100 steps left to spare. And grabbed the Golden Teeth too. Now back in the city and got the Strength HM too.

Now to clear southeastern Kanto, flew back to Kanto and headed to Fuchsia again, now through routes 12-15's. Defeated the other Snorlax, and got the Super Rod, and kept moving forward. Halfway through Route 14 Brian learned Moonlight. If I'm not mistaken, that's the last move he can learn to then not miss any if evolved to Vileplume. Well, time for a quick fly to Celadon and buy a Leaf Stone. Time for evolution!

Back in Route 14, kept heading forward, and in Route 15 Blaze evolved again! :newyears: Now to watch out for rocks. :lol:

Captured nothing for Routes 12-14, but here in Route 15 I grabbed Venonat, mainly since this is the only one of the bunch without water. Called it Tracey and reached Fuchsia again.

Now with all that out of the way, time to head back to Silph Co. and fight Blue one more time.

As always, it starts the bird, now a Pidgeot. Ampere's Spark did the job once more. Now Triton versus Growlithe. Wrecked it with Surf! More type advantage with Blaze against Exeggcute. How one-sided this has been. Blastoise already, sent Brian now and this is where it got interesting. He kept spamming Bite, and got quite some flinching going on. Fortunately Absorb with Moonlight support came through. And last Triton using Bite against Alakazam, heh.

Now for the Pokémon of the city I'm taking Lapras over the Hitmon, got named Tessie. Now to fight Giovanni once more.

Time for some more type-exploting with Baku against Nidorino and Wayne against Nidoqueen. Now Blaze went toe to toe against Kangaskhan. Flamethrower caused a burn and that was that did her. And Rhyhorn turns out a joke once more falling to Brian's Absorb. And now I liberated the city and got the Master Ball. Yeah, it's not seeing use any time soon.

And just to end this in battle-fashion, I went to clear the Fighting Dojo. And those two Pokéballs will remain there since I can't get either now. Oh well...

Hypno      Baku         37 Quirky   113  71  64  61  95  61 Insomnia         Psychic      Headbutt     Hypnosis     Meditate
Vileplume  Brian        37 Hardy    111  73  77  83  83  50 Chlorophyll      Acid         Absorb       Sleep Power  Moonlight
Charizard  Blaze        37 Brave    115  77  73  96  79  77 Blaze            Flamethrower Wing Attack  Metal Claw   Scratch
Vaporeon   Triton       37 Gentle   145  55  52  93  89  57 Water Absorb     Surf         Aurora Beam  Bite         Quick Attack
Marowak    Wayne        37 Relaxed  102  74 106  46  65  45 Lightningrod     Headbutt     Bone Club    Bonemerang   Focus Energy
Electrode  Ampere       37 Lonely   102  55  62  74  74 123 Soundproof       Spark        Rollout      Screech      Flash

Reserves

Einstein (Abra)

Robert (Meowth)

Joey (Rattata)

Jessie (Ekans)

Pyro (Growlithe)

Raptor (Pidgeotto)

Hideyoshi (Mankey)

Palmer (Exeggcute)

Tessie (Lapras)

Hermes (Doduo)

Tracey (Venonat)

Mizuryu (Gyarados)

Rocky (Machoke)

Fatso (Snorlax)

Graveyard

Flanker (Spearow) - Poisoned to death while walking on Route 6.

Monty (Dugtrio) - Colateral damage of a selfdestructing Koffing in Pokémon Tower.