New 6 min video

Velth

At 5:30 there appears to be a mage knight like class, based on the hat. Would that be the "Dark Knight" promotion for mages, or is that just one of the mages keeping their hat after switching class?

That class looks a lot like a Paladin, or maybe a Great Knight. I don't know how "dark" Dark Knights are; I assume they're just like Mage Knights (so I'd expect them to be using swords, while this character uses a lance - especially with Dark Pegasi already using lances/tomes), but this doesn't look like it could be called a Dark Knight. So yeah, it probably is just a mage keeping their hat.

They seem to be using Luna. Who knows what that might mean either way, though.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Othin took my thunder by going through the classes, I'll take a look at weapon types.

At 2:44, you can see the weapon icons.

Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Tome, Staff, ?, Item

I'm not sure what the "?" icon actually is, perhaps it's for the Taguel class? Going back to examine that class thing.

EDIT: Mamkute girls name is Nono.

Edited by Shun One

I'm not sure what the "?" icon actually is, perhaps it's for the Taguel class? Going back to examine that class thing.

i'm betting that's the staff icon

also @ anyone who knows japanese what's the difference between callum's second thief promotion and soiree 's second thief promotion they seem to have different names and in soiree's the sprite has 2 swords while callums has 1

Edited by Velth

i'm betting that's the staff icon

also @ anyone who knows japanese what's the difference between callum's second thief promotion and soiree 's second thief promotion they seem to have different names and in soiree's the sprite has 2 swords while callums has 1

It's most certainly not the staff icon, as staffs are right next to it.

Soiree's other promotion is Mrymidon, so Swordmaster and Assasin are what you see.

So when they showed the trees for class changing, it looked like they had a whole bunch of potential choices. Am I looking at it right, because it looks like your branched promotions also get seperate choices, meaning you can be pretty much anything.

You get 6 final promoted classes you can pick from (except Mamkute since that doesn't promote). Branched promotion are the set two classes per unpromoted class. Each character gets a set of 3 unpromoted classes he/she can be in no matter how many times they reclass, like Soiree could never be a peg knight, for example . So no.

at 1:30, that looks like a Brave/Hero Axe to me.

That's a brave axe. Before it is a bronze axe, so I guess bronze weapons are confirmed for this game.

And look at this fucking mess of master seals and change seals, the tier list thread is going to be fun.

Hm...hard to tell, but during the section highlighting weapons was it talking about each weapon gets a different attack animation? I doubt it, but that seemed like the only reason to highlight them specifically...

You get 6 final promoted classes you can pick from (except Mamkute since that doesn't promote). Branched promotion are the set two classes per unpromoted class. Each character gets a set of 3 unpromoted classes he/she can be in no matter how many times they reclass, like Soiree could never be a peg knight, for example . So no.

So it's more character based and not class based. Can't really say I'm disappointed, six final classes is still a bunch. This makes me wonder how promoted classes changing is going to be handled though, if there's only three potential final classes.

A famitsu scan shows that classchange with a promoted unit just shows the all 6 possible classes he/she can turn into and you select one. Think it was one of the more recent ones.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Hm...hard to tell, but during the section highlighting weapons was it talking about each weapon gets a different attack animation? I doubt it, but that seemed like the only reason to highlight them specifically...

Give me a time and I'll see what I can do.

No, it was talking about raising your weapon rank. Vake goes from using a Bronze Axe to a Brave Axe.

Did anyone notice the FE9 Music? It's "A Battle And a Beginning"

EDIT: Compared to that last trailer... this one is rather underwhelming.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Mamkutes can class change?

Dark Knights?

Gryphon Riders?

I am super hype.

Also, 3 new characters. The swordsman I figure is a mercenary seeing as he can go Forest Knight ala FE4. His name is Greg. I dunno about the woman, but you saw her basically on the back of the skill equip screen. I believe I cannot make out a name, so the closest thing I got is Sarge as in the short title of the military rank. Also, the Mamkute is named Nono I uhh...guess. The name had a title attached to it.

Also, bunch of new skill names. Too lazy to look through them, but quite a few don't look familiar. I noticed a Luck+7 skill.

Hmm...Kensatshi or how it's pronounced. Killer Edge is now an ability???

Hot Start.

I see an icon similar to a dragon Pool ability from FE10, similar to the Power Wave thing from when we got footage of skills for the first time. Looks blue. Can't quite tell the kanji. Magic Power Wave?

Prayer's back.

Some skill with the icon of a horse.

Iyashi no Kokoro. Something heart. What does Iyashi mean?

Have there been any updates on what exactly the trickster class does? I'd assume that this video would be the most likely place for info, as it had a whole bunch of skill descriptions one after another

Dear god, tell me about it. Going to be an absolute field day.

I dunno about the woman, but you saw her basically on the back of the skill equip screen. I believe I cannot make out a name, so the closest thing I got is Sarge as in the short title of the military rank. Also, the Mamkute is named Nono I uhh...guess. The name had a title attached to it.

Also, bunch of new skill names. Too lazy to look through them, but quite a few don't look familiar. I noticed a Luck+7 skill.

Woah woah woah hold on, hold up a sec... I was just joking about the whole Sergeant Alicia Melchiott thing on Page 1. Are you seriously saying that she's actually a Sergeant?

Edited by The Awesomest

Woah woah woah hold on, hold up a sec... I was just joking about the whole Sergeant Alicia Melchiott thing on Page 1. Are you seriously saying that she's actually a Sergeant?

No, just sayng that's the closest thing I get with the katakana. Literally, it would look like this.

Se-ru-jyu.

Which as far as my brain cannot even think of a name that would seem even similar to that other than like Sarge or Surge.