Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Not sure if this has been asked, but how does Dual and Double affect experience distribution?

I.e. if taking out an enemy would normally give 22 XP, but that enemy was double attacked, do both attackers gain 11 XP? What if the unit only gained the Dual Stat-Bonuses? Only dodged because of a buff from another? Things like that...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another question about supports:

In the older games, you could build supports by sticking two units together regardless of whether they fought or not. What about here? Can you put two units into Double and leave them in a corner somewhere, or do they need to fight to gain support points?

Here's another question about supports:

In the older games, you could build supports by sticking two units together regardless of whether they fought or not. What about here? Can you put two units into Double and leave them in a corner somewhere, or do they need to fight to gain support points?

There's 4 ways to build supports between 2 or more units

Fighting doubled with other unit

Being adjacent to a unit who's fighting(even if they are doubled with another unit)

Using staves on a unit

Olivia's dances (which is exclusive to Olivia building supports)

There's also the chance for support boosts in the "everyone's room" menu out of battle on the world map but you have no control over which units get the support increase.

Not sure if this has been asked, but how does Dual and Double affect experience distribution?

I.e. if taking out an enemy would normally give 22 XP, but that enemy was double attacked, do both attackers gain 11 XP? What if the unit only gained the Dual Stat-Bonuses? Only dodged because of a buff from another? Things like that...

From what I've seen in videos in Youtube, each get the exp they'd get for fighting alone the enemy, but only if Dual activates, else only the main character receives exp.

For example, Krom and Sumia fight together (it doesn't matter if they're together or not).

Case 1: Krom kills the enemy, Sumia doesn't fight. Krom gets all the exp he would received if he was alone.

Case 2: Krom attacks and then Sumia kills the enemy. Both characters get the exp like if BOTH of them would have killed mr. Bad Guy without help.

However, someone that has actually played the game should confirm this...

There's 4 ways to build supports between 2 or more units

Fighting doubled with other unit

Being adjacent to a unit who's fighting(even if they are doubled with another unit)

Using staves on a unit

Olivia's dances (which is exclusive to Olivia building supports)

There's also the chance for support boosts in the "everyone's room" menu out of battle on the world map but you have no control over which units get the support increase.

Thanks!

So it looks like I have to actually use all the units I want to support together for a change. Well then.

From what I've seen in videos in Youtube, each get the exp they'd get for fighting alone the enemy, but only if Dual activates, else only the main character receives exp.

For example, Krom and Sumia fight together (it doesn't matter if they're together or not).

Case 1: Krom kills the enemy, Sumia doesn't fight. Krom gets all the exp he would received if he was alone.

Case 2: Krom attacks and then Sumia kills the enemy. Both characters get the exp like if BOTH of them would have killed mr. Bad Guy without help.

However, someone that has actually played the game should confirm this...

Almost correct. Only the main character receives kill Exp: if Krom attacks and Sumia kills the enemy, Krom gets Exp as if he had scored the kill, and Sumia just gets Exp as if she had attacked and not killed. So you can't double the kill Exp, but you also don't have to worry about the side character stealing the kill you wanted for the front character, since it'll always go to the front character regardless of who scores the kill.

Almost correct. Only the main character receives kill Exp: if Krom attacks and Sumia kills the enemy, Krom gets Exp as if he had scored the kill, and Sumia just gets Exp as if she had attacked and not killed. So you can't double the kill Exp, but you also don't have to worry about the side character stealing the kill you wanted for the front character, since it'll always go to the front character regardless of who scores the kill.

ooo goody it seems iv solved my delema on how to get olivia to dark pegasus before postgame!! ill just stick vake behind her and between them (with her gettin all the kill exp) im sure she'll be flyin in no time!!!

lol review based on most probably the trailer

because I highly doubt some kid is gonna import a game AND a system for a series he's never played

just

lol

Arrogant bastard dirtbag (not you Lumi).

You never base a whole game off the trailer!

That is a leason I've learned the hard way!

Regarding reinforcements: I didn't notice any differences for a while, but I'm certain the reinforcements on NM Ch19 only show up in one group of four at a time. They're taking a slightly more rapid pattern of appearing on HM, it looks like.

Speaking of enemies, their stats don't seem to vary much. Looking at any two enemies on one map with the same level and class, their stats don't seem to vary by more than a point in any area. It seems like their stats are fixed up to a point, then they get one random level on top of that.

Or they're just using the same stat calculation algorithm as the 3 previous games...

Which is?

The only random stat calculation algorithms I know of have a lot more room for variation.

there are very clearly enemy growth rates for the DS games and the fluctuation between enemy stats at any given level is 1 at most (same in RD)

So... exactly what I described?

no; their stats aren't "fixed +1 random level"

It sounds like they are indeed otherwise fixed - based on their growth rates, but regardless not random.

What are they, then? Try speaking plainly and explaining your whole point in a single post.

I might be off but this is how it works as I recall:

Say you have a level 13 enemy. The class they're in has a 40% speed growth. They got 12 levels, so that's 40*12=480. So, they would get +4 speed, with an 80% chance at a fifth speed point. So, not really "fixed + one random level", no. As I recall, on the harder difficulties enemies also get an extra bunch of invisible levels to make up for the fact that they don't have character growths so they're always outclassed tremendously by your units at the same level. I think, for example, FE11 H5 bandits got like +15 levels on top of their displayed level or something ridiculous like that.

I might be off but this is how it works as I recall:

Say you have a level 13 enemy. The class they're in has a 40% speed growth. They got 12 levels, so that's 40*12=480. So, they would get +4 speed, with an 80% chance at a fifth speed point. So, not really "fixed + one random level", no. As I recall, on the harder difficulties enemies also get an extra bunch of invisible levels to make up for the fact that they don't have character growths so they're always outclassed tremendously by your units at the same level. I think, for example, FE11 H5 bandits got like +15 levels on top of their displayed level or something ridiculous like that.

I see, this makes sense.

Alright down children, it's not that big of a deal. I don't like math personally.

For the record I have my game in front of me right now where one file is set to normal and one set to hard. I'm just using one of the random overworld encounters, so that might change things a bit, but it certainly seems that enemies at the same level with roughly the same stats have a damage and hit rate discrepancy large enough that it's noticeable. Krom is on the same level in both files (level 10 Great Lord. I'm not that far on either file since they're not my main file) and his stats are within 2-3 points of each other. So I'm pretty sure there are quite a few hidden points on top of what's shown for harder difficulty levels.

As for enemies in the same difficulty level, I haven't noticed any large deviations, so in actuality I don't think it matters since even if you calculated as "fixed + 1 random possible level" or based off of class stats (percentage * level), you would be off at most only about 2 points I think.

Well, either way I haven't had an issue with any of the enemies in the early levels XD At the harder levels, I just basically grind on the world map a bit and reclass and boom. I don't think I've failed any map more than once, so the difficulty at normal is pretty balanced.

Edited by Skyrius

I thought it was fixed to a certain extent, but there was room for variance. The stats were based off of class growths*levels, but they were also bracketed, so there was a lower and upper bound to prevent something from getting too powerful.

quick question im not sure if anyone answered and i kinda dont wanna roam arround the forum lookin, how exactly do you hire spotpass units? like is it easy once they are available? im not gonna try and get any downloadable stuff unless it comes out in america

quick question im not sure if anyone answered and i kinda dont wanna roam arround the forum lookin, how exactly do you hire spotpass units? like is it easy once they are available? im not gonna try and get any downloadable stuff unless it comes out in america

Once you connect to the internet, you automatically download all past SpotPass teams as well as one from the current team, and then start getting one from the current team per day. From there, you can summon them at any time to the map, where you can talk to them and either fight them or hire them, either way getting them on your team for as long as you want. Even if you just send them away, you can keep summoning them and fighting them unlimited times in the future.

Let's note that downloading spot pass teams also enables you to buy stuff you can't normally buy, let's say Brave Weapons for example (which can be bought at the last second), or Noble Rapier. Buying stuff from Spotpass teams sends them away, but as discussed, can be summoned back.