• Hector
    • Lyn
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • Chrom
    • Lucina

Just curious about which lords are the most liked and most disliked on this site.

Favorite Lord: Leif. I just really liked his character and how he actually makes quite a few mistakes (and actually loses relatively important battles, like the battle for Tahra) compared to the average lord was always something that makes him a lot less generic then say, Roy. As a unit he kicks all sorts of ass in FE4, and is average in FE5 (Growth rates of mid thirties to mid forties tend to be average in FE5)

Least Favorite Lord: Lyn. She just constantly gets on my nerves, and it doesn't help that if you took her out of FE7 the plot (aside from Lyn mode) would be unaffected.

Edited by Zelos

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, Lyn or Lucina for favorite, I don't know. Lyn mostly out of nostalgia and being the start of a new life for me, Lucina for just being awesome.

Least favorite probably Roy. Just a bland character in a bland game who isn't even fun to use at all.

Favourite: Ike (specifically the Radiant Dawn version of Ike).

Least favourite: Marth, because he sucks even more than Micaiah does (and I didn't even think that was possible).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I like Leif a lot, but I never actually beat FE5 so I don't really have a complete knowledge of his character. In the end, Lucina wins for being the only FE lord to survive a zombie apocalypse.

My least favorite lord is Roy. Honestly, I can't think of ANYTHING that's interesting about him...except that he has a full harem of female support options.

Eirika and Lucina are my favorites but I'm handing the vote to Eirika because Sacred Stones is my favorite game. The lords I dislike the most is a tie between Ike and Ephraim but I only dislike Ike because of Radiant Dawn so Ephraim is the true answer.

Edited by Maiden_of_Emblem

Sigurd best lord. Starts on a horse and dominates game.

Statwise Celice, Leif, Hector, Lyn, Eirika, and Ephraim has been nice to me as well. Haven't gotten far enough in FE13 yet to see how Chrom and Lucina comes out to be but I'm fond of them as characters.

Roy is terrible. He cannot stats, has a super late promotion and nothing of value. Really wouldn't even let him near combat if it weren't for he has to deal the final blow on Idoun for best ending.

I mean fuck otherwise I'd just let Rutger have at her instead

I also have bad experiences with Eliwood but at least he has a mount on promotion and can act as Athos's staff storage in final

Edited by Thor Odinson

Disclaimer: These are my opinions. They are subjective and also not attacks on your opinions. Please keep this in mind as you read.

I think Lyn is my favorite; mostly for the happy memories, admittedly, but I also thought she was tough and cool and a good protagonist for the first part of the game. While I do wish her story's plot was more interesting (and let you turn off tutorials without requiring a cleared game), I still like her, and... All the FE7 Lords, really. But my vote goes to her for being the first.

Least favorite is Sigurd because hype backlash and the fact that he's basically a Cavalier and while Cavaliers are useful they're also boring as hell.

Edited by Starlight36

Cavaliers/Paladins aren't any more boring than Mercenaries/Heros or Soldiers/Halberdiers

There are quite a few lords I like, but my favorite is probably Lucina.

My least favorite is Lyn, mostly because of how unimportant she is.

Eirika is my favorite lord by design, but Ephraim by actions and capabilities. Hrm.

I voted for Marth, since he seemed the best mixture of the two and we have the same taste in pants.

Lucina is my favorite Lord. She just so adorable and badass and I love her. <3

As for my least favorite... that would have to be Marth. He's a terribly boring blob of a main character who couldn't even get some decent characterization in the 4 games he's starred in over the course of nearly 23 years.

Favorite lord: Ephraim. He's amazing statwise, and I found his character to be pretty great. I still don't know why he gets such a bad rep, since as a character he develops way more than Sigurd, Seliph, and Hector.

Least favorite lord: Lyn. I just...don't like her. I don't know where my hatred comes from, but to me Lyn was just a useless character.

Favourite: Ike (specifically the Radiant Dawn verion of Ike).

My answer right here for favorite. <3

My least favorite is Micaiah. Hell, I don't even like to consider her a lord, I hate her so much. Her personality is boring, she is terrible as a unit and she just comes off as Mary-Suish to me at times. I also hate her selfishness. Yes, she cares about Daein and her friends, but does she give a damn about how others might feel about what she does? Nope. She doesn't give a rat's ass about anybody else and believes Ike to be the villain for so long and before she knew all the facts. She doesn't care about Crimea or Gallia or anybody else (though hating Begnion is understandable) and what they might have gone through in the Mad King's War thanks to her own damn country. She wouldn't even let Ike help her instead of fight her (yes, you've been put under a blood pact, but ever thought that you all could just PRETEND to fight and fool the baddies?). The only good thing about her is that she managed to gain at least a little respect for him in the end and realize he's not the terrible man she thought he was.

Leaf actually makes mistakes, woo! It's also kinda cool seeing him progress from being protected by Fin, to teaming up with Celice, to actually saving Evayle. It's nice to see some growth in a character. I've only recently started FE10, but Miccy's annoying me already. Apparently everything she does is amazing.

There's quite a few for favorite lords... some being every lord from Blazing Sword, Ike, and Chrom. Well, I guess Lucina might count but I'm not too sure right now either. Oh, and I almost forgot Ephraim. He was epic. <3 Better than Eirika in battle and stuff. Even personality wise. But I think I'm gonna go vote for.... Ike. (:

For least favorite, probably gotta be Marth and Micaiah. But I think the Marth thing is kinda a personal thing than anything, but Micaiah does annoy me in the beginning of RD. Or first half. Or maybe three-quarters into the game. Yeah. Pretty sad.

Edited by Hariti

Saying Hector has no character development ignores how he goes from being an adrenaline junky as a kid, who grew up just fighting in the arena as much as he could, to being forced to bear the responsibility of lordship, to being forced to take the throne after his brother's death. Not to mention his problems expressing his emotions after the death of his parents. He's not terribly complicated, but that doesn't preclude him from being an effective character, and he's not exactly one-note either.

Though I don't think the the game goes into it much, I interpret Sigurd as a relatively simple, strong guy, who happened to have little strength for politics or scheming and got into things way over his head. Basically he sees some friends in trouble, then he accidentally the entire country, four times in a row. He might not develop that much, beyond realizing the extent to which he was played before dying, but his character hangs over the whole game's story nonetheless.

And Seliph might not develop a whole lot as his story starts and goes, but he has a lot going on. He's probably lived his whole life wanted dead by the authorities, to the degree they know he exists. Basically the only reason he's alive is the kindness he's shown by, and returns to, the common folk. He's a bit of a standard hero, yeah, but somebody in his position doesn't really have a choice- up until his part of the game starts, it's implied that he and the other kids have been on the run from Grandbell forces and puppets most of their lives, and there's not even the pretense of any intent to negotiate on the side of his pursuers, as opposed to that which Sigurd was given by Agustria and Grandbell.

Oh yeah, thread

I get all giddy seeing dudes break their swords against my units and get KO'd back with relative ease so I'm going to be boring and admit Sigurd/Hector/Ike have my most visceral favor, though I think Leaf's interesting in that he kinda has to deal with not being quite as much of a manslayer on his own as compared to the average series protagonist.

There's not really anybody I dislike following around for a game, but I guess I find Marth or Roy the least interesting. I need to actually play fe12 though

Edited by Rehab

And Seliph might not develop a whole lot as his story starts and goes, but he has a lot going on. He's probably lived his whole life wanted dead by the authorities, to the degree they know he exists. Basically the only reason he's alive is the kindness he's shown by, and returns to, the common folk. He's a bit of a standard hero, yeah, but somebody in his position doesn't really have a choice- up until his part of the game starts, it's implied that he and the other kids have been on the run from Grandbell forces and puppets most of their lives, and there's not even the pretense of any intent to negotiate on the side of his pursuers, as opposed to that which Sigurd was given by Agustria and Grandbell.

It would have been great if the game, you know, actually showed any of this.

I'm an Ike fanboy. He's got the qualities of Eliwood and Hector into a single character, so he became my favorite very quickly. Not to mention I liked FE9's setting and plot. Sigurd loses to him by a slight margin.