Mighty No. 9 by the co-creator of Mega Man, Keiji Inafune

amadeuscho

Have you been waiting for the next great Mega Man game?
Well, here's something that might turn out to be even better.
It's the Mega Man game Keiji Inafune always wanted to make:
Mighty No. 9
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

d872aedcdccf552f3a519ee565576732_large.j
It's being funded for a PC release, the game has gotten the needed $900,000 for this release. It has 1.3 million. If the game gets to its ultimate stretch goal of $2500000, then it will be released for Wii U, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Here is the description of the game on Kickstarter:

Mighty No. 9 is an all-new Japanese side-scrolling action game that takes the best aspects of the 8- and 16-bit era classics you know and love, and transforms them with modern tech, fresh mechanics, and fan input into something fresh and amazing!

Edited by Viewtiful_J

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgogmogmogmogmgomgomgogmogmgomgogmgomgogm

must force myself not to donate $60 right away as kneejerk reaction

Edited by Refa

Only the 2nd day and it's already up to 800,000$... Goes to show people love their Megaman :P

Even though it technically isn't, i'm gonna think of this as a reboot for the series.

I don't think Capcom would sue, but then i remembered it's capcom.

They managed to pass the 900,000 mark in about 2 days? I bet Capcom is so pissed right now for casting Megaman aside and letting Inafune ride in on the hole left by them.

Even Nintendo is showing the Blue Bomber more attention at the moment, [other then Project X Zone having X that is lol] haha

Guess who already got a T-shirt? I did B) Inafune's panel at PAX was just amazing and he gave out shirts to everyone who managed to squeeze into the hall.

+9001 Refa points

Can't wait for all the all the spin off series.

Mighty no.9 Z

Mighty no.9 Sunforce

Screw those series, the Classic series was the best and the only good spinoff series was Mighty no.9 Z Peace Network.

Hah, I was going to make a topic on this if no one else wasn't when an AIM friend sent me this yesterday. Thanks! XD

Being a hardcore Mega Man fan, I'm really happy for this. Given how the funding process is only two days in and it's already about halfway to the desired amount of 2.5 mil, all the planned content will likely turn to reality (unless there's a funding freeze before October. Hope I didn't just jinx it...). I really want to play something like this on my PS3. With the creator himself in the lead, this is bound to be an awesome project and I'm going to be keeping up with it. If I wasn't so freakin' broke, I'd support directly. >_>

Maybe the game is going to be first-person like the canned X reboot. :rolleyes:

Well, it's nice to see that the Kickstarter seems to be going fine. It probably won't need my donation of all people.

But I guess it's a good reminder to finally take some time to figure out how to donate from Europe.

Hah, I was going to make a topic on this if no one else wasn't when an AIM friend sent me this yesterday. Thanks! XD

Being a hardcore Mega Man fan, I'm really happy for this. Given how the funding process is only two days in and it's already about halfway to the desired amount of 2.5 mil, all the planned content will likely turn to reality (unless there's a funding freeze before October. Hope I didn't just jinx it...). I really want to play something like this on my PS3. With the creator himself in the lead, this is bound to be an awesome project and I'm going to be keeping up with it. If I wasn't so freakin' broke, I'd support directly. >_>

Yeah, I was surprised no one else had made the topic.

I only am able to the $5 backing, but that still gives you all the inside access to their development.

People at the panel went CRAZY and donated huge amounts of money because Keiji Inafune did a great job hyping the game at his panel. In the first 10 minutes the Kickstarter had thousands of dollars from only a handful of backers. There is a lot of excitement from Mega Man fans for this project.