why do people like Katarina?

I don't actually like her, I feel that her entire subplot feels tacked on and was rather subpar, drawing focus away from Marth and co. I did enjoy Roro though, but I never felt particularly bothered about the others. FE3 was my first game in the series, I'm probably a little sour about how FE12 "spoiled" it.

I liked the assassin sub-story, if the MU had not 'training and Marth for brains" he had could've been swayed by the dark side to be an assassin, but I didn't like Kleine dying, but that's neither here nor there

As for Katarina herself, I found her okay, she was just, okay for me... but as an assassin, I feel that they could've made her seem more cunning at least

She was popular enough to get a dlc card in FE:A

She fits the grandmaster class well.

She was also a poster girl in FE12 and all (I remember seeing her pop up fairly early when they were introducing units, along with Roro).

I like Katarina, but am mixed on her subplot taking away from the original Fe3 book 2 focus from Marth when the avatar was already doing that. Combined they steal much of Marths limelight

I like Katarina, but am mixed on her subplot taking away from the original Fe3 book 2 focus from Marth when the avatar was already doing that. Combined they steal much of Marths limelight

I may be wrong here, but I don't see how Marth's limelight is taken away from him by MU and Katarina. Sure, they have the Prologue, but that's pretty much all. MU has little interference in the story and the Assassins' business is just a subplot.

I may be wrong here, but I don't see how Marth's limelight is taken away from him by MU and Katarina. Sure, they have the Prologue, but that's pretty much all. MU has little interference in the story and the Assassins' business is just a subplot.

Chris nevertheless has the habit of shoving himself into the spotlight. Like in chapter 3, when he cuts before Jagen when it comes to calling out Lang for disrespecting Marth.

He doesn't even take his place. He effectively says the very same thing as Jagen, just earlier. So the scene ends up sounding awkward. But either way, he ends up undercutting Jagen's moment.

Edited by BrightBow

Chris nevertheless has the habit of shoving himself into the spotlight. Like in chapter 3, when he cuts before Jagen when it comes to calling out Lang for disrespecting Marth.

He doesn't even take his place. He effectively says the very same thing as Jagen, just earlier. So the scene ends up sounding awkward. But either way, he ends up undercutting Jagen's moment.

IIRC, Chris also comes up with a strategy that Marth concocted in FE3 re: the battle of the pass. And there was the new ending to "Return of the Prince" with Chris sharing Marth's spotlight, and the new beginning to the subsequent chapter than involves Jagen showering praise on Chris instead of Caeda wiping away Marth's tears, and...

On the one hand, Chris has moments where he appears to be the mastermind working from the shadows to make Marth look better than he is... which undercuts Marth. On the other hand, Chris gets to be the recipient of exposition that Marth needed in FE3 'cause FE3!Marth was pretty clueless. So Chris makes Marth look smarter but also weaker/less effectual... plus Chris keeps butting into key dramatic moments and making it All About Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC, Chris also comes up with a strategy that Marth concocted in FE3 re: the battle of the pass. And there was the new ending to "Return of the Prince" with Chris sharing Marth's spotlight, and the new beginning to the subsequent chapter than involves Jagen showering praise on Chris instead of Caeda wiping away Marth's tears, and...

On the one hand, Chris has moments where he appears to be the mastermind working from the shadows to make Marth look better than he is... which undercuts Marth. On the other hand, Chris gets to be the recipient of exposition that Marth needed in FE3 'cause FE3!Marth was pretty clueless. So Chris makes Marth look smarter but also weaker/less effectual... plus Chris keeps butting into key dramatic moments and making it All About Chris.

I just read Caesar's base conversation with Kris. Kris says that Marth came up with the tactics that led to Caesar and Radd's defeat.

So at least it isn't a case of Kris doing all the planning.

But yeah, Kris butting in all the time was really annoying. Then there's also the thing where fresh recruits are made royal guards. No wonder Altea falls twice so easily. Its military must really suck.

But yeah, Kris butting in all the time was really annoying. Then there's also the thing where fresh recruits are made royal guards. No wonder Altea falls twice so easily. Its military must really suck.

At least Katarina immediately demonstrated why trusting new recruits with these things is a bad idea. Not that this is ever acknowledged.

I can't say I liked her at all when I first played FE12. She felt tacked on and lacking in any fun qualities.

Nonetheless, the 'puppets don't cry' scene still hit me. It wasn't until the Awakening DLC redesign that I started to like her, though. Damn, Grandmaster Katarina is awesome.

• 2 months later...

Its cool that we serve Marth huh?

Sorry dude I'm actually an assassin and I'm gonna kill Marth

I'm sorry (dies or is recruited)

Sums her up. Bleh. :P I do like how Wrhys was added in! ;)

Kinda "Meh" about her.

She just really existed to appeal to the moe crowd and reignite Nino's popularity. She was meaningless in the prologue, her nickname of "Eine" is a living plothole, and it was way too obvious that she'd turn evil.

Still, I gotta say I liked the implication of her being the tactician of the group instead of MU, and she also has the greatest death quote in the entire series, so not all bad.