What are you planning for your ORAS team?

Dwarfishh

Says it in the title. Who are you taking and why? This is about your story team more than any later competetive team you create,seeing as most people will use their one from X/Y anyhows

Also, which one from your team do you want for a mega. (Likelihood is of no importance)

I reckon I'll use something along these lines.

• Sceptile/Swampert (Sceptile was my first starter on a game that i played entirely on my own, but on the other hand... mudkipz)
  • Slaking (Aside from being a link to your dad in game, nothing survives a hit, so the ability is of less importance)
  • Cacturne/starmie (Depending on which starter I end up taking, I'll take the other type from these two. They're both pretty cool. Plus cacturnes pokedex entries... Creepy)
  • Mightyena->Camerupt (Start with mightyena, for the early game powerhouse, and replace it with camerupt as the game progresses)
  • Bannette (It's a evil ghost toy. 'nuff said)
  • The last slot will be either the HM slave, or something to combat the current gyms type, due to the pretty poor coverage of my team so far.
Edited by eggs4king

Mudkip for starter (moar because I NEED an answer for Wattson and I don't like Geodude; also a good answer to Flannery, given that most other waters before her are pretty lackluster and/or need a lot of grinding to be anything resembling useful), and honestly haven't thought about the rest.

EDIT: I'll probably be using Gardevoir, too. Which means having to put up with Ralts's awful encounter rate. Again.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Torchic for my starter, most likely, since I chose one my very first time and I've chosen the same starter (and named them the same) as what I did the first time for the other two remakes (A.J the Charmander and T.K the Cyndaquil C;) I also want a Zigzagoon or a Skitty, because I really like them and they're a couple of my favorite Hoenn Mons (even though I have a lo XD) After that just whatever I guess ~o3o~

1) Sceptile - As much as I rate Treeko's line as my least favorite of the Hoenn starters, I also already have a Mudkip courtesy of SoulSilver and a Torchic courtesy of the Blazikenite Event. Might end up substituting in a Breloom from time to time in place of it.

2) Swellow / Altaria / Flygon - Will probably alternate between these three, with Swellow being the Fly-user.

3) Sharpedo -> Walrein

4) Aggron

5) Manectric

6) Shedinja? / Absol? / Seviper? / Camerupt? / Dusclops (or Dusknoir)? - I honestly don't have any idea who the last member of the team will be.

7) Lanturn, as a Surf and Dive bot, just because I can. I like the imagery of a trainer navigating Underwater on a Lanturn. (If only the models used when Surfing/Diving weren't generic... (outside of Lapras))

Edited by Lord Glenn

I plan to use Blaziken, Gardevoir, Aggron, Flygon, A water type, I might try to use AS to get a Mudkip and Treecko to OR like I did when I sent Snivy and Oshawott to White from Black. I might use a Gyarados as my Water Type and get an Altaria or Swellow for my Flying type.

Guaranteed:

Blaziken - Torchic is my original and favorite starter, so I can't not choose it.

Gardevoir - Probably my favorite gen 3 Pokemon, no way I can pass on her.

Still in consideration:

Mightyena - Not much reason other than that it comes early and that I kinda like it, and that's why it's not a guarantee.

Milotic - I'd really love to raise for the main game, but if Feebas is as ridiculous to catch as before, it's not happening.

Swellow - I really like the Pokemon and normally this would be a guarantee, but I recently ran Emerald and used it, so not sure I want to use it again.

As for my Battle Frontier (it had better be there!), I'm thinking to remake my original team of Salamence, Gengar/Gardevoir, and Milotic for the general stuff, with others filling in for the more specialized facilities.

For first playthrough:

Sceptile (hopefully gets a mega)

Swellow (I think I'll supply myself with a Flame Orb)

Gardevoir (Most likely)

Sharpedo (Because yes)

Ninetales (Ah yeah)

Heracross (Fuck yeah)

Others I'm considering:

Xatu (SO. BRO.)

Magneton/Magnezone (I'd imagine that maybe New Mauville will now be the area where to evolve Magneton?)

Afterwards I'm gonna use it for competitive battling, which is what my Y copy turned into.

Edited by ZM©

sceptile

flygon

ninetales

milotic

swellow

aggron

i might also do beldum if i can get it soon enough, but that's probably not going to happen

Edited by Comet

Dunno yet. Depends on what is available in the game and when. Might go for another 'one pokemon from every gen' team if Kalos mons are available. If not, it'll probably be a full Gen 3 team.

I do know that whatever mega I use will be a new one though.

Edited by Silver Lightning

MUDKIP/MARSHTOMP/SWAMPERT

ralts/kirlia/gardevoir

Zigzagon/Linoone (by faaar my favorite generic normal starting pokemon)

Trapinch/Vibrava/frygon

Snorunt/Froslass

Tropius, the perfect HM slave

Favoritism time~!

- Treecko: The little guy served me well, and FSR it's my favorite starter in Hoenn.

- Manectric: A callback to my previous teams, and one of my favorites (and this was when the physical/special split was tied to types)

- SPINDA: Carried my sorry ass when I first played, and quickly became one of my favorites. Will shoot for one with HP Ice for extra nostalgia.

- Altaria: Swablu was adorable, and then it evolved into a gorgeous tank.

- Flygon: Screw type overlap, this was the other thing that carried my sorry ass through Hoenn.

- Milotic (if possible)/Walrein (otherwise): I have a lot of memories fishing for Feebas, and then I got insanely lucky and found a Modest one.

Utility: Zigzagoon. Because Pickup.

I only know that I'm having a Sceptile named Specter II, a Kadabra in a Premier Ball and a Tailor in honor to my original Sapphire file

I can't really remember much more of my team besides Kyogre and Rayquaza, but I'm not using those for making the game too easy

Edited by Baldo

I only know that I'll choose either Mudkip or Treeko. Depending on if they get Mega Evolutions or not.

It's a bit too early to tell.

Also, maybe Shedinja or Pikachu (w. Light Ball) just 'cause.

Or Azumarill or Mawile... or Absol.

Actually scratch Azumarill and Pikachu, I'm doing a Hoenn-only run in honor of the gen III remakes.

I'm actually not too sure as of now.

Definitely Latios if I can, though. Because Latios is like my fave Pokemon in gen III, with Latias following right behind.

For AS, I'm going for recreating my original team members as I remember or ones I have the most attachment to:

Sceptile (This was my first starter ever. (I may have picked Mudkip or Torchic actually as my first, but I don't remember and I have more of an attachment to Treecko.))

Pelipper (I actually really like this thing, even though it kinda sucks quite a bit. At least the Stockpile buff and the improved learnset will help this thing a little.)

Gardevoir (I always preferred this to Alakazam because I never wanted to deal with the levels as Abra.)

Swellow (Really awesome bird, and it was my first shiny.)

Aggron (I love this thing so much. My favorite Steel type, and one of my favorite Rock types.)

Walrein (I love this thing a lot also. Big, bulky, and just a boss.)

For OR, I'll have others I have liked over my playthroughs, but weren't quite my favorites:

Swampert (He's pretty cool, but that Route 110 Rival fight sucks with Marshtomp if you don't have one of the like, 4 flying types or Gulpin. He's still cool though.)

Camperupt (Pretty rad fire type, but eh, not my favorite of guys I've used.)

Breloom (Take Camperupt, but change fire to grass.)

Shiftry (I like this guy quite a bit, though that's mainly from XD, but eh. Doesn't quite beat out my top guys.)

Flygon (Pretty rad Dragon/Ground with Levitate, and is pretty well balanced in an Eliwood-ish way. (Stats are kinda eh, except for a couple, but not that great all around.))

Seviper (TBH, I've never fully used a Seviper, but it has always seemed pretty awesome and cool to use. I'll trade from AS for this guy, obviously.)

I'm still a little undecided, but so far I have these.

Gardevoir

Altaria

Shiftry

Medicham

I might decide to not use a starter pokemon this time around. I just have other plans for my water/grass/fire types.

I may use a Lanturn or Seviper this game, but i haven't decided on that yet.

Edited by Sasori

I'll be getting Omega Ruby.

In game team:

Swampert

Typhlosion (I'll be trading myself a Cyndaquil egg, with Swift and Ember as it's only egg moves, as they are low powered moves. I always do this when I start a new file.)

Shiftry

Alakazam?

Crobat?

and finally Aggron? (I'm not sure about any of the last 3 listed, but unless the pokemon found on Hoenn's routes get a major overall they'll most likely be on my in game team.)

Edited by Kamina