FE6 HM Playlog

36 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one Ilian

i think you're missing the issue that the game is literally breaking

a bit difficult to continue the lp with the proper text changes if said text changes are at the expense of a playable game, hmmm?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you're missing the issue that the game is literally breaking

a bit difficult to continue the lp with the proper text changes if said text changes are at the expense of a playable game, hmmm?

Well, yeah. I was responding to Onmi saying, "it's not funny," like it was a widely-agreed fact.

abel.png Did you hear that?

kain.png I did indeed.

abel.png It's a shame.

kain.png I didn't realise that it was a contest.

abel.png Neither did I, perhaps we need an English major on board?

kain.png I think not. Although it's expected.

abel.png Yes, very expected. No wonder his friends list only has 2 people on it.

kain.png I can see why too, for someone's affability is clearly determined by the size of their friends list.

machis.png WHY MY LIST SO SHORT?

shin.png Oh well! Can't please everyone!

But my list is over twice yours!

Also, did you edit the text for all the chapters, Shin? Maybe you put too much stuff in. idk

This might have been answered but I'm too lazy to look it up and I don't want to get smacked for spam!

Edited by Machis the Renegade Knight

it's an issue with something feditor does on the side

nobody has any idea what exactly is going wrong or how to fix it

which is why i seriously can't help you

Well, I'm enjoying the LP and the text changes. :/: As are some other people.

I'm not among those other people. I find that the text changes detract from the quality of the LP.

Also it's not an LP. It's a playlog. This implies gameplay only, no story. He just decided to put seperate segments from Shin to add some comedic humor to it.

So basically people are complaining that there are story scenes tucked away in a corner of the playlog because I dunno...It's like me complaining that there's an Easy Mode in FE8.

RUINS THE GAME FOR ME

Edited by Refa

It might be possible to salvage the save if you try using it for a different FE6 ROM/hack. That probably defeats the purpose, though. In any case, someone has to find a non-glitchy way to insert text into this game one day, hopefully sooner than later. Not sure why I'm posting this, but I felt like saying something for some weird reason.

She really showed that Pirate she killed! She did 3 damage!

Also, post reserved for another screenshot dump

[spoiler=Chapter 4 - Intro Text and other stuff]kbquA.pngO0OGN.png

rC8Hi.pngwAeU6.png

rS0mj.png2cO0P.png

SgMze.pngkiLwQ.png

> Clarine

> Innocent

PKaTc.pngiNf9i.png

jNmgq.pngvhjQu.png

I can hardly wait to see what Klein is like

jaqNv.pngd998n.png

IZ6eP.png4fyQZ.png

RtHk4.png4cr2A.png

narshen just goes along with it

tpEwJ.pngtpEwJ.png

cDmTe.pngT5VMX.png

gKijO.pngmTHiM.png

zsNqZ.png8waq1.png

tcwCs.pngEgWB4.png

!

d4eFV.png2t7Ph.png

Narshen knows how to keep it PG

2t7Ph.pngUVkiP.png

LhfxV.pngBs6Ro.png

iTFli.pngZNki1.png

wait a little bit for the rest

wtf.gif NOO!!! You are ruining my credibilitysob.gif (lol, Reference to my Username)

Anyways, Nice job with the Playlog. Nice Dialogue Changes too !

With the link pointing ability aid of Camtech, I've given Horace a version which shouldn't be as likely to crash. If it does, I'm sure Horace would be happy to continue without it. Poor Omni and Bunny!

It might be possible to salvage the save if you try using it for a different FE6 ROM/hack. That probably defeats the purpose, though. In any case, someone has to find a non-glitchy way to insert text into this game one day, hopefully sooner than later. Not sure why I'm posting this, but I felt like saying something for some weird reason.

If I recall correctly, there's actually an FE6 text editor akin to the FE7 one. It doesn't look like it's complete/idiot proof enough for me. And Bonnie, have a carrot, you're taking things far too seriously :P.

If this second version crashes as well, I still fully intend to continue with Shin's text, i'll just load a chapter save on a separate ROM, and the text should work fine (to the best of my knowledge)...

Might miss out on supports and stuff like that, but oh well.

And Omni, it's ok, I don't find your LP enjoyable either. At least I have the courtesy to put my images in spoiler tags so people can hide their eyes from such atrocities.

EDIT: I am going to reiterate though, there is a reason why the gameplay sections are separate from the edited text guys. It's clearly labeled in my mind. If you don't like them, you have an option to leave them be. So please no more comments on not liking certain parts. Almost everything related to this playog is 100% optional for you to read, so if you don't like it, don't bother coming to the thread.

Edited by General Horace

Onmi and Bonnie, it's all right if you guys aren't enjoying Doku's text changes. But that doesn't change the fact that some people (like me) find it hilarious. We're not forcing you to read the story parts. But seriously ... don't tell Horace and Doku to stop the playlog just because you guys aren't enjoying this. Because some of us are. :/:

I'm enjoying the text changes. The FE6 story as-is was rather. . .bland.

Hey, it was the best remake of FE1 a human could ask for!

If this second version crashes as well, I still fully intend to continue with Shin's text, i'll just load a chapter save on a separate ROM, and the text should work fine (to the best of my knowledge)...

Might miss out on supports and stuff like that, but oh well.

And Omni, it's ok, I don't find your LP enjoyable either. At least I have the courtesy to put my images in spoiler tags so people can hide their eyes from such atrocities.

EDIT: I am going to reiterate though, there is a reason why the gameplay sections are separate from the edited text guys. It's clearly labeled in my mind. If you don't like them, you have an option to leave them be. So please no more comments on not liking certain parts. Almost everything related to this playog is 100% optional for you to read, so if you don't like it, don't bother coming to the thread.

At least I have the courtesy to be truthful to you rather than just sucking you off like a mindless drone, but apparently that was cause for putting me in the shitlist, not my problem.

See the funny thing is I asked at the end of the first update "If there's anything you would suggest, let me know" there's 4 pages and... not 1 person has suggested putting the images in spoiler tags. Gee, It's not like I asked for valid criticism or anything on the structure of the LP.

But it's okay Horace, I'm more interested in seeing how deep this rabbit hole really goes, so I'll be sticking it through. And we can laugh all the way to the end. We're going to be bestest friends!

Has it occurred to you that some of us might be saying we like the changes because. . .we LIKE it? Just 'cause it ain't your cup of tea doesn't mean that someone else can't find it amusing.

I agree with eclipse, Onmi. :/: Honestly, I'm just the type of person who's easily entertained, and I happen to find Horace and Doku's "alternative character interpretations" pretty funny. Apparently, you don't. That's fine. But don't act like you speak for the rest of us, because some of us, like eclipse and me, really DO find it hilarious.

don't tell Horace and Doku to stop the playlog

Whoa whoa whoa, wait a sec.

At what point did I demand you stop the LP? Remind me, because I don't remember saying anything of the sort.