• Kellam
    • Lon'qu
    • Donnel
    • Ricken
    • Gaius
    • Gregor
    • Libra
    • Henry

Please, do not come in just to say "Nowi should die,""Nowi stays single forever," or "Nowi is a little girl." Make another thread if you have to.

Previous Pairs:

Chrom x Olivia

Sumia x Chrom

Lissa x Donnel

Sully x Stahl

Miriel x Ricken

Maribelle x Gaius

Panne x Gaius

Cordelia x Vaike/Lon'qu(tie)

Nowi is the center of a lot of stupid arguments. Saying her name is enough to attract all her haters.

Tharja is quite quite obsessed with Avatar, regardless of gender. Unfortunately, Avatar will not be in this poll to keep things fair.

I was torn between Gaius and Gregor for Nowi, but I picked Gaius because he's just slightly funnier over all.

I picked Libra for Tharja, because I liked their supports, although Henry would be a close second.

Over time, as I read more of their english supports, my choices may change.

I like how you ended up putting two of my favorite (female) characters in the same poll.

I picked Ricken for Nowi because it's less weird for him to want to do it with her than for, I dunno, Gregor.

And it was hard choosing for Tharja 'cause I'm pairing her with Robin, so I just chose Lon'qu because I recall reading about that pairing more than any of her others for some reason.

Unfortunately, if there was someone I couldn't willingly pair through any criteria other than power-gaming, that's Nowi, but it's undeniable Nah hands down makes a great tank: either through a huge Def. cap as Kellam's daughter or with her suprisingly high Res. growth boosted with Libra's modifiers.

With Noire I get rather weird. She makes a great Magic/Hybrid character and I even admit she gets better stat-wise with Ricken as her father, yet I've been a strong Virion/Tharja shipper just thanks to their support convo and a certain Character Designer's scribbles until I realized a gameplay reason on top of those: If she inherits Bowbreaker and Tomebreaker from her parents, she can grow into be a fearsome Wyvern Lord with three of the class' weaknesses (Arrows, Wind and Wyrmslayers) neutered with no excessive reclassing...

Unfortunately, if there was someone I couldn't willingly pair through any criteria other than power-gaming, that's Nowi, but it's undeniable Nah hands down makes a great tank: either through a huge Def. cap as Kellam's daughter or with her suprisingly high Res. growth boosted with Libra's modifiers.

With Noire I get rather weird. She makes a great Magic/Hybrid character and I even admit she gets better stat-wise with Ricken as her father, yet I've been a strong Virion/Tharja shipper just thanks to their support convo and a certain Character Designer's scribbles until I realized a gameplay reason on top of those: If she inherits Bowbreaker and Tomebreaker from her parents, she can grow into be a fearsome Wyvern Lord with three of the class' weaknesses (Arrows, Wind and Wyrmslayers) neutered with no excessive reclassing...

A certain character designer's scribbles? You're going to have to expand on that.

Anyhow, Iote's Shield does the trick of negating hte flying class weaknesses just fine.

A certain character designer's scribbles? You're going to have to expand on that.

Anyhow, Iote's Shield does the trick of negating hte flying class weaknesses just fine.

Expanding what? (Kinda fits with the Support's tone)

I'm well aware of Iote's, but the current trend points to myself not being able to get that DLC so I've gotten good with contigence plans, and a +50% boost of not getting hit by things that Shield only takes away the effectiveness is not what one would call a small thing to disregard (specially if the work to get all of them is greatly reduced thanks to inheritance) and it can be boosted further to around +90% with a S-support partner and the right use of an extra pair of skills...

Ricken x Nowi because it'd be weird to pair them with anyone else, and the actual support is sweet.

Henry x Tharja because I don't feel safe pairing them with anyone else......they can both be yandere together. (And because I just realized that I can do a Jack and Ridley (characters from Radiata Stories) reunion because their voice actors are Bryce Papenbrook and Stephanie Sheh).

I paired Tharja with Libra. Libra is naturally a melee/magic split that Noire wants, plus the support shows both characters being surprisingly kindred spirits (even moreso than TharjaxHenry if you ask me). Libra has the darkness in his heart to become a dark mage too, after all.

Nowi... well, I paired her with Ricken but there are better parents out there, but Nowi doesn't particularly care about what her child wants... I did enjoy her support with Gregor though. I'm glad that the localization bumped up Nowi's maturity. I'm much more receptive to her character than when people were translating her Japanese supports.

Expanding what? (Kinda fits with the Support's tone)

I'm well aware of Iote's, but the current trend points to myself not being able to get that DLC so I've gotten good with contigence plans, and a +50% boost of not getting hit by things that Shield only takes away the effectiveness is not what one would call a small thing to disregard (specially if the work to get all of them is greatly reduced thanks to inheritance) and it can be boosted further to around +90% with a S-support partner and the right use of an extra pair of skills...

Oh, right. Hadn't seen that. Who actually is that artist? He seems vaguely familiar, but he isn't Yusuke Kozaki, right?

At any rate, that's a fair enough point regarding Iote's Shield DLC, as long as you're not playing on Lunatic+.

Lon'qu for Tharja cause he adds a good class mix and their supports give backstory

Henry for Nowi cause, Vengeance & Wrath on a Manakete! Too bad him being on Sumia's short list of supports will leave me with a sub-optimal Nah a lot of the time.

Donnel and Gaius give to their daughters the Pegasus Knight reclassing option for postgame and Good Growths/Aptitude is Overkill will a manakete's growth rates...

But Tharja x Henry is such a cute little couple of psychopaths...