Pokemon Blaze Black No Level Run

Venusaur

There's already a topic on BlazeBlack/VoltWhite, but I figured a no level run would deserve its own topic. And I probably won't get past Lenora, but why not try, other than the fact that only an insane person would even attempt this. The video quality will probably improve once I know what I'm doing...

N is quite easy at this point, as our levels equal his, and Pidgey hits SE on two out of his three. And when Pidgey falls, there's another 5 Pokemon to pick up the slack! Probably the last easy battle of the game...

Kricketot is such a BOSS!

I honestly didn't expect it to survive that Ember, but it sure surprised me when it did, what a lifesaver! Plus, getting rid of Berries is always fun! And then it retired in comfort to Box 1 Retirement Home before Cilan I've been lax in updating this topic, so I might as well post Cilan here. The Pokemon from the Dreamyard make him pretty easy: Spinda has amazing bases, Natu, Venonat and the Nidos have resistances and Pansear still burns Berries right off!

Well, I did it. I beat Lenora, on the first try even! It involved Intimidate, Fake Out and Mud-Slap, along with 2 Sawks, 1 Throh (did I seriously just reference THAT?).

But first I've gotta post the videos in-between, like the 3rd encounter with Cheren! He outlevels us again, and he's got a few new tricks up his sleeve. Fortunately, he still screws himself with Growth, and Spinda still 2HKOs with Uproar on most things.

Spinda is such a CEO.

Also, I've noticed that being able to get rid of berries is an amazing ability in this game.

Truthfully it isn't THAT useful, but it does help when some of your already effective attacks do what is essentially bonus damage. There's actually a bonus video on my channel where I win a Double Battle by spamming Metronome with 2 Spindas. Spinda is OP

N isn't too much of a challenge the second time around, as he just doesn't have enough offense to match up with our party now. And yes, that Arcanine was gotten via a Fire Stone found in Wellspring Cave. I now hate Wellspring Cave itself, gems, Drilbur and Diglett.

Normally I wouldn't make posts so close together, but you can only put one video per post, so...

And now the moment everyone's been waiting for, Lenora herself! There are three immediate problems when starting out: the double Intimidate, Stantler's Extrasensory and the simple fact that this is a double battle. However, Herdier happens to possess Helping Hand, which it loves to use, so keeping it alive makes the fight 2 on 1, kinda. Lombre and Aron lead so I can combo Fake Out and Mud-Slap, hopefully crippling the unusual deer.

After lowering both Herdier and Stantler's accuracy, the first Sawk and Throh come in, though the latter doesn't stay in long thanks to what pops out next: Bouffalant. Intimidating and Mud-Slapping it helps lessen the impact of its attacks, and the combo of the second Sawk and Arcanine brings the afro-bull down. Furret and Bibarel are minor annoyances at the most.

Watchog's arrival means that the fight is winding down, and Throh smashes it pretty easily, with a bit of Intimidate and bait support. When Herdier is the last one standing, it's essentially over, and we thank it for helping us by tossing it across the room. Shine on, crazy dog.

*is fighting my way through Burgh's Gym*

Surskit fainted!

Archen gained 438 EXP!

Wait, what? :facepalm: I missed one... (Yes, I edited the base EXP values manually. All 693.) *reloads to an earlier state and fixes the mistake in the ROM*

Also, somehow the Charmander line has adopted the stats and typing of the Sandile line. :facepalm: I blame the awkward interface of the stats editor! :angry:

EDIT: And the Bulbasaur line is messed up too! But not Squirtle, interestingly enough...

If you guys think I should re-record Cilan, then I'll try to get through the beginning on a separate run and see if the minor stat changes really have any effect on the battle.

As for how I think this happened, there's two columns of Pokemon, and I must have hit "Save List1" rather than "Save List2" for about the first 6 before catching my mistake. Still... emot-suicide.gif

A screenshot of the interface just so you can see what I'm dealing with here:

fuckthisinterface.png

Edited by Venusaur

And I think I've hit a brick wall. There is just simply no way I'm going to be able to get through all of those bugs with the Pokemon in my possession. I've got a couple of options: Get a higher leveled Honchkrow and EV everyone through the roof, or catch a Jirachi/Victini to help out. Those two legends are likely the only things that can get me out of this, thanks to everything in the area being Lv. 23 or less and unevolved to boot. Of course, EVing just might give me enough of an edge, but that's quite unlikely...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG4S9heH-9A

Edited by Venusaur

I think you should go for the legendaries. They're your only hope (Because EV'ing is too time consuming, imo)! D:

Well, I was saving them as an absolute last resort, but I was just being way too pessimistic about the whole thing, and I sold myself short. In retrospect, this should have been obvious from the beginning, but I can be a derp sometimes.

Archen and the Whimsicotts: The Movie

This took an hour of infuriating Stun Spore misses and dead Archens/Honchkrow/Cranidos to make. WHIMSICOTT!

Archen = Gary Oak

Whimsicotts = His cheerleaders

To be fair, I halfway had this strategy in fffffffffff, but it was missing something completely obvious in retrospect. That something was more Whimsicotts! Prankster makes them the #1 way to cripple by adding priority, and throwing Flash to the whole mix makes things a bit unfair for Burgh.

But the main problem with Burgh's team is the fact that all of his bugs are higher level than us and pack more power! Vespiquen's Intimidate makes sending in Archen immediately a no-go, and even without Intimidate we still wouldn't want to send in the star of the show early, as setting up is paramount in this battle.

In fact, Burgh and Lenora offer almost the exact same scenario, as they both offer serious power and are both Double Battles. But where Lenora had Herdier, Burgh has Masquerain. "But wait, Archen gets easily killed by it!" True, but wandering the alleyways gives you tools, and Whimsicott certainly knows when to Flash.

After Masquerain is neutered, the match is simple: Archen penetrates weaknesses with its Expert Belt boosted moves (courtesy of a wild Sawk), and the Whimsicotts paralyze anything that enters the field, occasionally dying to light breezes. At the end, I run out of Whimsicotts, but thankfully Honchkrow, Archen's mafia bro, picks up the slack and lends a brofist to take out Heracross. What a pal! I probably should have replaced Cranidos with another Whimsicott, but what's done is done. Now, to give that guy guarding the desert an "eviction notice"...

Before I can go into the desert, there's two rival battles, but I only have one recorded:

Bianca's easy enough: she doesn't have too many Pokemon, and Whimsicott still abuses Prankster like a boss. Cheren on the other hand was way too random: I couldn't get a recording where I beat him since he responds to the same move so differently from time to time. I still have a savestate before him, so if I ever want to, I could make a video.

EDIT: I couldn't resist picking Whimsicott for the dress-up tutorial, so here's what it looks like out of battle.

whimsicott.png

What is wrong with this picture?

ohyougame.png

Edited by Venusaur

Well, this isn't dead, I just got busy with college.

N uses a sandstorm team, but it's pretty easy to take down, thanks to all of the new tools at my disposal.

As for Elesa, well I've yet to fight her, but looking at her team... "It's immune to Electric, and resists Bug/Fighting. It's a Gen I Pokemon with Sheer Force to spare."

What could this mysterious Pokemon be?

Prankster is the best ability ever.

Great job so far!

You know an ability's ridiculous when you can paralyze a Lv 30 Bug type with a Lv. 20 Grass type, with the latter moving first. Imagine Whimsicott with Spore! :awesome:emot-smithicide.gif

Clay falls to Sawsbuck, a sun-summoning Vulpix, and a bunch of Cherrim!

The theme of this post is luck, see these examples!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

Oh no... OH NO... FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

(3 alive Pokemon and only 1 revive. This isn't going to go very well. And yes, this is a WILD POKEMON, one with a 1% encounter rate!)

rubshandstogetherandgrinsevilly.gifemot-suicide.gif

EDIT: I think this needs no introduction. The magic of Whimsicott + Savestates!

hahahahahahaha.png

Edited by Venusaur

• 2 weeks later...