Story articles - Stage 3.3

VincentASM

It's been a suggested quite a few times across the fandom, but I don't think anything ever got done. That is, focusing on story-related content, as opposed to statistical info or guides. Fire Emblem is quite a story-centric game, so there's plenty to write about, I'm sure : o

Basically, I would like to add a section on story-related information, such as sypnoses, character bios or other things. However there's no way I can cover everything by myself, since 1) I'm lazy, 2) I'm busy and 3) I don't usually play for the story. So if the section is to be a success, I need the help of volunteers who would like to submit content.

Also, I'd like to know how many poeple are interested in such a section. The worst thing to do is write a ton of articles and have nobody read them... Actually, I've kind of done that already so... j/k

Anyway, I think I'll finish there, but some things I'd like to mention in case I forget later- If the section is realised, I'd like to implement some sort of peer-review system, so other members can correct and improve articles. Also I'll be writing articles as well, so I won't be just sitting back and waiting for content to roll in : P

EDIT

If people want to submit/review, now's the time. I'll probably be doing random stuff in the meantime.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a good idea!

The majority of the Fire Emblem sites deal with only the gameplay aspect of the game, so adding story-related content would really make Serenes Forest unique.

I volunteer to help you, if you decide to do it!

Hmm, dunno if this is the wrong time or place, but we only have two people for the section? ^^;;;

I was thinking of asking on other forums, but it's like recruiting from the enemy army. Kind of.

As much as I hate to say, that's not such a bad idea.

However I'm against it for several reasons. The main one being that it's completely illogical to put it there : P

Edited by VincentASM

As much as I hate to say, that's not such a bad idea.

However I'm against it for several reasons. The main one being that it's completely illogical to put it there : P

people will read it, and people post there alot so people will see it better

I am interested in contributing, but I never know how busy I will be each week so I am unable to promise consistency in terms of times I'd be available. I am open to writing some material or reviewing material for errors in spelling and grammar, whatever works. If I write anything, I can try to mimic your style of writing if you think that would be ideal.

I'm not too concerned about the style, as long as it's at least semi-professional. Failing that, as long as it's readable ^^

Also, you don't have to worry about regular submitting either. You can feel free to submit whenever you feel like it.

Edited by VincentASM

How should potential spoilers be handled in synopses and character biographies? Do you have any preference for whether synopses should cover individual chapters and events or if they should be broader in scope?

Ah, I forgot to mention spoilers.

I was thinking of putting a spoiler warning on the index page only, since I would associate sypnoses and character bios with spoilers. However, I suppose there might be people who are looking for non-spoilerly info.

For now, I'll probably stick to not hiding spoilers though.

As for sypnoses, either is fine. I guess it just depends on what the author wants to/is able to write.

EDIT

Okay, I think things are all good to go. Now we just need people to volunteer to submit articles and/or review/comment on articles.

Which is probably going to be the tricky part : o

Should an article for a character of central importance to multiple games, or any character I suppose (although that might be redundant), best be one article (as was the case with your piece on the Serenes Massacre), or would two be preferable?

Edited by Wist

You can do it either way. If all else fails, I could always change it later (although I guess you'd have to make some adjustments this way) ^^;;;

Edited by VincentASM

• 4 weeks later...

I meant to get something up on the main site on Monday, but my week has been much busier than I expected. I don't think things are going to get much better anytime soon either >___<

Anyway, I'll have the story articles page up during the weekend. If I have time, I'll start properly advertising the section as well ^^;;;

EDIT

Been playing Makai Kingdom. It rocks.

Got a page up now. It's not linked from the main site just yet- I need to do stop being lazy and finish that submissions page (which isn't going to be too different from the first post in this topic...).

Edited by VincentASM

Very neat, it's inspiring to see some of this content being prepared for use on the website itself. I have a lot of work to do this week, but I'll definitely continue to work on the Sain and Ilyana pieces come this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to post, but since this is the most recently posted in topic, I figure I'd post here.

I'm up for some submissions, though it's been awhile since I've done any writing, but it'd be nice to sharpen my skills a bit. I think I'll start off with something about the Black Fang. Yes, I know it was an example you listed, however I rather find the history of them interesting, so I'd be willing to write it up.

In the future I'll see about some others.

Sure, sounds great. I chose it as an example, because I thought some people might be interested in doing it as an article.

Don't worry if things are a bit quiet here. I'm not giving up on this project any time soon ^^;;;

• 3 weeks later...

I've been rather bored lately and I think it'll be fun grading essayspeer reviewing stuff. It'll help my English grades too...hopefully, XD.

I've been interested in writing an article on Eltosian though...

Edited by Eltoshen