Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

I assume the Villains/Bosses have updated portraits as well?

Also, Ragnar's portrait looks a lot better now. Actually looks like a soldier.

Edited by Ryan7556

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume the Villains/Bosses have updated portraits as well?

Also, Ragnar's portrait looks a lot better now. Actually looks like a soldier.

Yes I agree he does look more like a soldier now.

And yes, all the portraits were revamped except General Guntram(Dragoon). He is getting worked on but wont be on time for FEE3.

Ladies and Gentlemen. I am happy to announce that Death or Glory patch is out!
I will post the link in the OP.
I hope you guys enjoy and any problems, feel free to ask any questions!
Thank you! :)

True, but he has decent growth stats so he will be fine lol

In general, characters that have above average growths and below average bases don't get used. Why endure a worse character initially so that he'll be slightly stronger later on?

Because as soon as you throw a couple of levels on him he gets really good really fast. ;P And there's the fact that you only have him and the cavs for combat in the first few chapters.

Well his growths has always been very well. I test played it many times and his average stats seems to be like a normal lord in FE7 or FE8.

Even if this is a problem, in the next patch I can always boost it up a little but IMO I dont think that is necessary.

Well, the FE7-8 lords have varied pretty wildly... Eliwood's trash, Lyn's a glass cannon for 45 Mani Katti uses and just glass after that, Eirika's Lyn without the Katti, Hector is a tank with decent speed and Ephraim is fucking amazing.

Okay.

So I spent all day today trying out the patch and I can say that I definitely had fun, though there were quite a number of things that I had to write down and point out.

But first I have to post my party(before clearing Chapter 10 because of a supposed oversight I'll point out in a bit); I got quite unlucky during the first few chapters which made it very hard to keep going, ranging from bad level ups to unlucky moves:

[spoiler=Party]DeathorGlory_01.png

Plenty good, I'd say, but I only barely used him more than the rest of my team and he's way higher levelled than they are(likely due to Class Power of the Soldier). Though considering Ch. 10's ending, if this was the intended effect, then I'll retract this point. All in all, a good lord character.

DeathorGlory_09.png

Was pretty much competing with Vidar all game, Vidar won out slightly but I ran out of weapons for him by Ch. 10 so Tero was brought in instead. Not bad, but I was hoping for a slightly more reliable swordie against the stronger enemies. Oh well.

DeathorGlory_11.png

Lol 0 Res. Could actually tank well once he got going but it took a whiiiile for him to get going. At least he could do damage.

DeathorGlory_02.png

Hit Lv. 20 very fast. She's a healer and a small dodgetank. Fed her the Angelic Robe. Of course Rinoa gets a pass. and thankfully she doesn't whine!

DeathorGlory_05.png

Great guy as a character, and he was useful at the start but his usefulness wore out slowly as the game went on because his stats couldn't keep up from levels. At least his defense was constantly manly, but as you can see even Ragnar was able to outpace him. Thankfully the buyable Silver weapons in Ch. 9 were a huge help.

DeathorGlory_10.png

Okay until enemies started gaining Defense, then his power kind of ran out until Ch. 10 where that Silver Bow came in handy. But that's kind of a very long wait until then...

DeathorGlory_03.png

This guy is absolute king and should have been the main character instead. His stats were constantly improving until his last few where he only got 1 stat, but he was a much better wall than Donwik once he got going, able to tank and draw aggro(hah~) away from my weaker dudes. Definitely the unit I could rely on the most.

DeathorGlory_08.png

Thief, utility, can't really fight but he was the only other swordie I could rely on aside from the Cavs and they were only doing okay. Really could have used some levels, but... :c

DeathorGlory_07.png

Got quite a bit to say about Mel in the notes. She was weak at the start and only barely able to keep up thanks to her Speed, but even then she couldn't double all that well thanks to enemies actually having Speed and was only able to do scratch damage until I got her a Silver Lance. Fed her the Energy Drop and Dracoshield. Also her face sprite is awesome and I liked her character~ she's like Fiora except not boring!

DeathorGlory_04.png

I was hoping for Mil to impress but his Magic stayed low and wasn't really doing much for the party as the rest of his stats weren't doing him any favors on his levels. I guess I was just really unlucky. :I

DeathorGlory_06.png

Was Kai with extra movement, so he was better than him by default. :E

Now for the notes.

[spoiler=Notes]- The Lv. 0 enemies, while I understand is a way to give the party less EXP., still feels kind of weird, but it's an aesthetic thing so eh

- 8 Con seems a bit low for a soldier like Ragnar when his cav buddies have 9 and the generic Soldiers still have 6! Then again, Ephraim gets 8 Con as well, but his stats were amazing so... :c

- The fact that Ragnar doesn't really have a regular weapon alternative to his Rogerius or Axereaver when he joins irks me slightly, but that's probably me being nitpicky about wasting uses on a Prf weapon so soon.

- Chapter 3's ending hangs when Guntram orders Ragnar and Donwik to leave, they keep walking forever

- Melanie has that problem Fiora has when she joins the team in vanilla FE7; she's loaded down with quite heavy spears and it takes no advantage to her high Speed. Not even an Iron Lance or a Slim Lance to counterbalance that? She has little problem with those axe users thanks to her Axereaver, but once those Mercenaries get to her, she's in a lot of trouble. Also, would you object to have Pegasus Knights use swords in your ROM hack? It would help Melanie's starting position oh so much more and give her some flexibility(though that means you'd have to balance her with Tero and Vidar, since they use swords and lances, but Mel has flight). However, her 5 base Strength at Lv. 6 isn't really helping her case against the much sturdier enemies(as Abner sort of proved to me)... Though I AM thankful that you gave her 6 base Con, like what Pegasus Knights -should- have.

- Speaking of, the far hardier enemies with low levels is pretty similar to what happened with the last beta of Dream of Five, the raising of their stats but not level doesn't exactly feel all that genuine to me; couldn't you just raise the enemies' levels by about one or two every few chapters(as opposed to every chapter, as then the EXP. gain might end up being too much). Bringing this up because though all of my other units are struggling to gain EXP., Ragnar is skyrocketing through levels(might be because of the Soldier's Class Power is still at 2 and therefore he's gaining more EXP. because of it) and it's rather jarring. This suggestion is subjective, though, and I understand that you're aiming for fairly high difficulty, but I felt that I should point it out nonetheless

-- Related, my units were barely able to keep up with the scaling stats of the enemies; a -lot- of them started having damage dealing issues thanks to their heightened defense; if they weren't Ragnar, Donwik, or Agro, they all had a struggle picking off enemies(then again I had some pretty abysmal level ups for most of my team, but this is something that has to also be kept in mind when trying to balance enemies to your party on a chapter-by-chapter basis)

- Short Bow Archers have greatly overstayed their welcome here; there's like five in every map that has them once Kai joins the team. I would be alright with it if there were about one or two per chapter, but five or six? That's a bit steep

-- related again; Melanie in her opening chapter can barely do anything that doesn't involve getting her in great risk of being killed, specifically against the many Archers with Short Bows; these guys should be viable targets for her with all of those axes running around, but she can't fight them without then shooting back. And it keeps happening after that chapter!

- My weapons were looking pretty bad when Chapter 6 rolled around; I'm glad you realized the same by Chapter 7, but I don't know if you'd mind throwing one or two more droppable weapons in Chapter 6? Again, this is subjective, so this can be ignored.

- I'm so glad you took my suggestions for Chapter 7 to heart~ However, there's now a heavy influx of ambush spawning enemies that are pretty relentless, especially to my crap team. Also, you really went overboard with the Killing Edge Myrmidons; there's like five of them on the map. If they had the same stats but Steel Swords instead, sure, but all of them with Killing Edges?

- Kiowa kind of made Kai obsolete. Both of them had pretty much the same stats and could barely damage enemies(might have gotten unlucky with Kai's strength again), but at least Kiowa had movement...!

- This is a nitpick, but no buyable iron weapons in Ch. 8? DX

- Clever, on the one map my units could really use some EXP., you disable it in 8x. :c It got to the point that I couldn't keep up with the enemy influx, so I thought to make things easier by just plugging up the constant reinforcements(just enough staircases for the 6 units I had to bring). I am curious as to where that weapon that civilian mentioned was, though...

- That's quite mean in Ch. 10, putting those two chests there with no cracked wall forcing you to turn around and go the other way, wasting turns. DX Speaking of chests, the door housing the chest south of the throne doesn't work. Keys can't open it.

-- Also, when you open the door that leads to Rashka's throne room, his supermooks don't leave with the rest of his units, which I assume wasn't the intended effect. This KIND OF makes Ch. 10 unwinnable. xD I had to cheat to be able to beat the supermooks but I was able to beat Rashka normally.

Now because of all of this, I had to get pretty creative with my strategies in order to be able to survive with my okay team, but the difficulty was there. Could definitely use some adjusting, but I had fun with it at least, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters~ Hopefully you might take a few of these to heart. I certainly wouldn't mind LPing this in the future. :3

Edited by Mage Knight 404

Thanks Mage knight for all the critiques and notes. For some reason, IDK why that the supermooks didnt disappear. They are suppose to disappear and the door problem happened to my little brother when he tested it. I guess I have to reassemble the events again to make them work. I will try to fix that and release a new patch so that chapter 10 is beatable cuz those supermooks are not suppose to be there.

As well as the others, I might just take your notes to consideration and change it a bit.

Double posting, sorry.

IMPORTANT!

As Mage knight as pointed out. I have to update the new patch for chapter 10 to work properly.

There also has been changes as well to it.

Here are the changes:

All the level 0s have been put back to level 1.

Starting from Chapter 7 and chapter 8, the enemies level are level 2. Chapter 9's enemies are level 3.

There are less short bow users, only two max. per chapter. Every others had been replaced with either iron bow or steel.

Myrmidons in chapter 7 have steel swords except the two on top.

Ragnar's con has been raised by 2 more.

Mil's magic growth has been raised by 15%.

In chapter 8 armor shop, there are no steel weapons, they've been changed to iron and a heavy spear has been replaced with javelin.

Please check the OP for the new patch. I will delete the old one and post up the new one.

Thanks! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited by NYZgamer3

That almost happened to me because his AI attacks everything in range. Use Terro and Vidar to get to Kai and rescue him before he dies.

I had no problem with him in the first patch though.

After a few attempts,the enemy missed hitting him and I could heal him

Not like it matters anyway; Kai and Agro join regardless of surviving the battle in Ch. 3 anyway(as I tested).

Really?

NYZ, you may want to look into fixing that/cause a game Over if they die in that chapter.

Ignore this

Edited by fuzz94

Really?

NYZ, you may want to look into fixing that/cause a game Over if they die in that chapter.

Don't know about that either, as they both use retreat quotes specific for the map as opposed to their actual death quotes, so I assume this was totally intentional.

Don't know about that either, as they both use retreat quotes specific for the map as opposed to their actual death quotes, so I assume this was totally intentional.

My mistake, I thought you meant they would have the regular death quote and then just be there in the next chapter, ignore my first comment