I hate it when people smack their lips when they eat

Gold Vanguard

I find it pretty gross sounding too

Luckily my family never does it

Besides when one of my brothers does it on purpose just because he knows it sounds annoying

But he doesn't do that very often

It's annoying and sounds so disgusting. It's one of the main reasons why I don't eat with my family during dinners.

you sound like you're socially retarded

While I hate listening to someone just going to town on food, I'm fine with it in a large group of people. I love the sounds associated with the kitchen and dining room in general. Silverware clinging, plates clattering, chairs being moved around, that kind of stuff.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Also, some people, while noisy, can be really appetising to listen to.

How do you "smack" your lips?

Open your hand up, then move your arm so that your hand is as far away from your lips as possible. Now swing your hand toward your lips as fast as you possibly can. That's how you smack your lips. People do it all the time.

Open your hand up, then move your arm so that your hand is as far away from your lips as possible. Now swing your hand toward your lips as fast as you possibly can. That's how you smack your lips. People do it all the time.

If your lips are bigger than they were before you smacked them, you have cancer.

I like the way you think.

Me too...

I thought I was the only one

I used to do my homework in the dining table and my dad would come home from work and eat a snack or something... He would make the most annoying noises while eating. Oddly enough it isn't noticeable in a usual family meal, but you can listen to it if you focus on it. Usually the noises my family makes are nothing to complain about though. Then again we all start at the table and slowly disperse with our plates elsewhere (sometimes not always). What did use to annoy me was when they would slide the teeth of the knifes along the plates or the forks whether it be by accident or not and it would cause a horrible scratching sound.

When I perform this exercise was I supposed to break my nose

Because I broke my nose

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I personally hate it when people can't keep their mouth shut whilst chewing on their food. One of my friends at university was especially guilty of this, and I even lived with him for two years. One time we were eating out and after already telling him to keep his mouth shut when chewing "please" a couple of times, he kept doing it (probably not on purpose but whatever), I moved to a different table away from him. SO AUGHHH.

Heehee

I think my previous (apparently typoing previous->precious x3) roommate still made an effort to keep her mouth shut when eating but she still would be a little noisy when eating... I'd just stick in my earbuds and start listening to stuff on my laptop~

Edited by Freohr Datia

I hate it when people laugh while eating. The food... spills all over. Sneezing I can understand. Laughing is a horrible excuse.

I mean, I've suffered with a friend who kept spitting on me accidentally whenever he laughed, even if he wasn't eating. I was so grossed out. >_>