Will the characters be "idealistic" love again?

PokeFan

"In medival times, when the game takes place, losing your virginity to someone you're not married to was the equivalent to throwing yourself into a social noose, and in some cases, a non-metaphorical one. An unmarried person without their virginity was either an illegal prostitute, or a very unfortunate rape victim. With being socially shunned, having sex before marriage was almost completely unthinkable.

By the way, if you want a little bit of good perspective, arranged marriages are a good example. It's not based on who you love at first sight, it's about learning to love a person. You're not going to love just anyone, but there's a much larger pool of people by learning to love instead of loving at first sight. This is what the game plays off of, which is basically portrayed in every single one of Panne's supports. You can hate everyone and learn to love someone, that's the point."

The above seemed to be true for FEA. Will this be also true for FE IF? Will all the characters you can romance be "you're my first love" or "I've always loved you" again?

Wouldn't someone like Marx have plenty of ladies himself? Or Camilla have plenty of BFs herself too? They are in the Dark Kingdom by the way.

It isn't true love if we're not brutally murdering the enemy together.

EDIT: if it was like true medieval times your dad would betroth you to the old crab who owns the fertile land across from you when you were like four, anyway

Edited by Crysta

Eh, love relationship, or relationship in general for that matter, were much more realistic in past FE games. It was tame, and suble.

It didn't had the worse manga cliche of the freaking universe.

Edited by B.Leu

Eh, love relationship, or relationship in general for that matter, were much more realistic in past FE games. It was tame, and suble.

It didn't had the worse manga cliche of the freaking universe.

Pretty much this. I didn't really like the "we're so awkward next to each other, oops I've fallen for you" plot that took up 70% of Awakening's romance conversations. Many of the characters are people who've met for the first time on the battlefield and I think there's more potential for better romance subplots. Support convos in past games would delve deep into the backstories of characters and into the lore of the setting in which they lived while providing a variety of interesting conversations. There's also the fact that most of the characters don't really hook up until you see the credits, which I think is more realistic.

"Let's get married right before the final showdown against the evil sorcerer? What is this, the Deathly Hallows?"

I wouldn't call the relationships in Awakening idealistic. People threatening physical harm against the person that they claim to love and rapists marrying their victims is actually far too realistic for my taste. But either way, the series leaves much to be desired in terms of romance and I don't see this changing for the better this time around.

What I mean is, if you actually have romance with lots of potential couples, then they should actually be interesting. No point in having the same thing like 256 times. They should do something unusual. Radiant Dawn had at least the right idea, with every single couple being unconventional: Like Geoffrey and Elincia, two people who grew up as siblings. Or Jill and Haar, who have a massive age difference. There was just the small problem that we didn't really get to see any of those relationships. Like, at all.

Still, giving the series' usual approach to romance, it's awesome that a line like "...Lucia never married. However, her affair with Count Bastian continues." even exists. ...man, I so wish that they would actually take advantage of that CERO rating.

But realistically speaking, I guess I would be happy if we could at least have an actual couple as opposed to the relationships coming immediately to an hold the moment they confess their feelings and the supposed lovers never talking to each other ever again.

Edited by BrightBow

Sigurd and Deirdre alone shows that FE's always had "idealistic love".

well idealistic love technically goes back to FE1with Marth and Sheeda which i'm fine with because it does feel genuine

i just want the relationships to be intresting and feel genuine and not based off pies

Really? That was only in ONE couple's support.

And I'm sure we won't have as anywhere as many (hopefully zero) forced or awkward romances since it seems like children are gone. It would be hard for Awakening to have had genuine, developec romance between characters with number of support options each character had.

Really? That was only in ONE couple's support.

And I'm sure we won't have as anywhere as many (hopefully zero) forced or awkward romances since it seems like children are gone. It would be hard for Awakening to have had genuine, developec romance between characters with number of support options each character had.

it just annoys me that a technically canon pairing involving the protagonist is based of pies where as both of their other supports are more intresting and most other cannonical pairings feel more genuine

Mouais, Sigurd/Deirdre being idealistic... one of them die, the other is brainwashed, and their love (almost) doom the entire world.

EDIT: if it was like true medieval times your dad would betroth you to the old crab who owns the fertile land across from you when you were like four, anyway

Care to substantiate this popular sentiment?

it just annoys me that a technically canon pairing involving the protagonist is based of pies where as both of their other supports are more intresting and most other cannonical pairings feel more genuine

Eh, I forgot that the last thing he said to her in their S support was "Then our future is sure to be filled with happiness and pies, both!". I can understand how that would annoy people even though I'm sure it was a joke. The pies thing aside (which I found funny), I thought their relationship was genuine. It's just unfortunate they emphasized Chrom's love of her pies more than him liking her sweet and caring side.

To be fair, I think Sumia was just using pies as crutch/method to talk to him because of her insecurity. Chrom's the one who fell in love with her pie, no pun intended.