Guild Balcer is composed of:

Balcerzak, Medic Lv1: Healing 3

eclipse, Landsknecht Lv1: Sonic Raid 3

Chalis, Nightseeker Lv1: Ice Knife 3

Integrity, Fortress Lv1: Proficiency *, Bolt Strike 1, Ally Shield 1

Snike, Sniper Lv1: Leg Snipe 2, Arm Snipe 1

Manix, Runecaster Lv1:

Luka, Dancer Lv1:

I haven't actually done any exploring or questing yet. Nightmarre and Ein are probably going to come from the unlockable classes. I will just muck around and probably pick un-optimal skill progressions and see what falls out. Updates will probably be slower than my EO3 journey, as I don't think I have the time to power through as much as I did back then.

Edited by Balcerzak

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, you were the Medic of Guild FIGHT in the demo too!

I blame the male medic looking awesome, and medic basically having a guaranteed spot in this line-up, what with no competing classes (as near as I can tell).

So, I head to the Mission Granting place, The Mark Grand Court, where I'm dealing with Outrealm Count this time. Eager to get the traditional "Map out the first floor of the dungeon" quest underway, I discover... the mission is something completely different. Grab some Iridescent Ore, huh... Wow, did not see that coming. Whatever, I head to the Labyrinth and... wtf, where's my mapping ability? I wander around for a bit, then run into an NPC who gives me the tools. Mapping out this small cave is pretty easy, and the FOEs have simple patterns. You could probably mine the Ore in one go, but I didn't know how many digs it was going to take/might not have been optimally spaced in the FOE pattern. At any rate, mission accomplished.

[spoiler=Old Forest Cave Map]Cave1.jpg

I'm now granted an Airship, and told to go forth, multiply and be fruitful. Oh wait, just the first one. I'm also looking for the lush forest maze, though ultimately the goal is to reach Yggdrasil, gotta take it one step at a time I guess. Airship sailing is vaguely reminiscent of Sailing in EO3, except without the limited squares of movement. You only have to worry about FOE and environmental hazards, no random encounters, basically, and you can find some swag for $ that doesn't affect your ability to unlock new purchases. At any rate, I explore to the very best of my abilities, and (re)unlock a couple of caves, and the main maze.

[spoiler=Windy Plains Map]Land1.jpg

I don't make it very far into either the second Cave or the Maze proper, because I'm ridiculously low on health/tp.

[spoiler=Small Orchard and Lush Woodlands]Cave2.jpg

Maze1.jpg

I call it a night, and rest. It is now Emperor 2.

Balcerzak, Lv 4 Medic: [Proficiency 1, Healing 3, Line Heal 2]

eclipse, Lv 4 Landsknecht: [Proficiency 1, Sonic Raid 3, Blazing Link 1, Vanguard 1]

Chalis, Lv 4 Nightseeker: [Proficiency 1, Ice Knife 3, Biding Slice 1, Sand Throw 1]

Integrity, Lv 4 Fortress: [Proficiency 1, Bolt Strike 1, Ally Shield 3, Strike Guard 1]

Snike, Lv 4 Sniper: [Proficiency 1, Leg Snipe 2, Arm Snipe 1, Scavenger 2]

Manix, Runecaster Lv1:

Luka, Dancer Lv1:

I blame the male medic looking awesome, and medic basically having a guaranteed spot in this line-up, what with no competing classes (as near as I can tell).

WELL you were the female Medic in Guild FIGHT.

Hey EO4 neat.

I think the fact that you apparently only lose 2 levels when resting (at least I think that's not only in the demo I hope) leaves a lot of flexibility even with the new skill system and the softened sub-class system.

Still, have fun! =)

Is it possible to survive the game with out a Runemaster or Sniper

I'm pretty sure that, even without those two classes, the other classes can handle themselves well as long as you assign skill points competently to make your party work, so pretty much yeah just take your time and use the rest command if you feel you goofed skill points like any other party setup.

I begin Day 2 by doing a full sweep of the Small Orchard, always a good policy to clean up side-quests and such before the main dish, no? Anyway, I accidentally defeated my first FOE here, by using Leg Snipe and binding the FuryFawn's legs. It wanted to use Stomp every turn, so I got so much free wailing on it. It had landed one normal hit on Chalis, bringing her to 3 HP, but Integriguarding meant I didn't really care. Anyway, not a whole lot needed doing here except grabbing the Take spots' goodies, and some hidden treasures.

[spoiler=Small Orchard]SmallOrchard.jpg

I was pretty low on TP/etc. by this point, but I managed to explore a lot more of B1F in the main maze. When it got to like 4 PM though, I used a Warp Wire and got out of there. It also helped that I'd had some pretty decent luck as far as everything else went, and was feeling like I desperately needed a save (I was in the hidden alcove in the far north, after having dodged around the bear FOE. I guess being able to see actual FOE sprites on map means less relying on movement patterns, FOE color, and floor locations to remember what is what. I'm not sure where I weigh in, just yet, but it seems like a fine addition. (You could always just have left yourself memo notes anyway, so it doesn't really lower difficulty.) After taking an afternoon nap, I proceed to go in and clear out the rest of B1F, and make my first foray down into B2F. Just as we reached the stairs, we met Whirlwind, the NPC who gave us the map dragging a wounded adventurer out from down below, giving warnings that the Count will probably be issuing an extermination mission. I carefully weave my way around the basement until I'm once again low on TP, had to resort to using a Nectar when a Ghost Owl shocked Chalis to death from practically full HP. Deciding I might want to head back to town and cash in on the quests I've been completing, and realizing eh, I can probably fly around overworld grabbing food until 6 AM and then take a rest, I do exactly that.

[spoiler=Lush Woods floors 1 and 2]Maze1B1.jpg

Maze1B2.jpg

It is now 7 AM Emperor 3.

Balcerzak, Lv 8 Medic: [Proficiency 1, Healing 3, Line Heal 3, Refresh 2, Recovery 1] {Healing Wand, Feathered Hat, Leather Vest, Lightning Ring}

eclipse, Lv 8 Landsknecht: [Proficiency 1, Power Boost 3, Sonic Raid 3, Blazing Link 1, Vanguard 2] {Panzerstecher, Feathered Hat, Scale Mail, Buckler}

Chalis, Lv 8 Nightseeker: [Proficiency 1, Blade Flurry 4, Ice Knife 3, Biding Slice 1, Sand Throw 1] {Poison Blade, Main Gauche, Leather Vest, Strap Shoes}

Integrity, Lv 8 Fortress: [Proficiency 1, Iron Wall 1, Bolt Strike 1, Ally Shield 3, Strike Guard 3, Element Guard 1] {Light Mace, Feathered Hat, Scale Mail, Hide Aspis}

Snike, Lv 8 Sniper: [Proficiency 1, Leg Snipe 2, Arm Snipe 1, Scavenger 6] {Wood Bow, Feathered Hat, Leather Vest, Bronze Icon}

Manix, Runecaster Lv1:

Luka, Dancer Lv1:

Current Quests: Hole-y terror

Completed Quests: Supply request; The Outland Count's task; Atelier request; Defeat a violent baboon!; Culantro, please; Find the headwaters; Atelier request II;

Current Missions: Liberate the Lush Woodlands!

Completed Missions: Obtain an Iridescent Ore!

Current En: 162

[spoiler=Guild Card Achievements]

Max Level 8

Enemy Discovery: 5.59%

Item Discovery: 9.32%

Ventured Days: 2

Enemies Hunted: 84

Walked: 906

Total En: 3762

Burst Dilettante; Tharsis Gofer; Rare Breed Killer; Food Scavenger

It will not cease amusing me that the Atelier NPC says, and I quote "But I gotcha back when it comes ta weapons and armor! I gotta lady boner harder dan steel for dat stuff!"

Is it possible to survive the game with out a Runemaster or Sniper

Oh, absolutely.

Clarity edit: I probably wouldn't recommend it, and I obviously haven't beat the game yet, but based on past games and such... Any combination of classes can almost certainly handle main-game.

Apology edit: My water tiles don't seem to be showing up that differently coloured from my floor tiles. Probably the camera's fault, sorry about that.

Random "oh yeah" edit: While I picked up the free ATLUS faithful QR codes and got the Etrian Coin, the Armoroad Cheese, and the Lagaard Gem, I don't think I'm going to actually sell them yet. 1500 en at this point in the game is pretty OP.

Edited by Balcerzak

Not an actual update, more like a wtfupdate

So, I'm Level 10, right, and just about out of floor to explore.

Figure I'll challenge this boss FOE to learn its movements, relative strengths, and how to prepare.

eclipse was killed by the Bloodbear, huh. Fuckit, autobattle has got to be the quickest way to die so I can save my map data and reload.

(very next turn)

...it ran away? *curiously pursues*

Find it on B3, Event tile informs me it will not retreat again. *enter combat*

Bloodbear decides to use some sort of charging move, doesn't actually attack me. Then he flinches, and apparently has to start over.

He's in the red, fuck, Nectar to revive eclipse so she'll get the XP.

March home victorious against every single odd ever.

This update actually spans 2 in-game days, mostly because the enemies are getting tougher, and I can't progress as swiftly without needing to top up. Also, wandering around hitting the food spawns and gather points eats up a lot of in-game hours, and is pretty vital for maintaining cashflow.

I pretty much spoiled how things went down on B2F and B3F, but here's the images of their current glory. Bloodbear went down at about 11 AM on Emperor 4, and then with no health and no TP I wasn't quite sure what to do. Back at town I was advised about the existence of a new dungeon hidden among those kangaroos I'd decided not to try to get past earlier. However, since I'd already sold all of that days' food spawns, I'd have to wait until the date changed to perform Food drop lures and sneak past. (Trust me, entering combats and fleeing just wasn't working.) So I fooled around on B2F and fought some Cutters. Surprisingly I was able to win. I'm pretty sure that the Furyfawn's momma will still kick my ass, though. I should probably give the Baboons in the Old Forest Cave another go now that I think about it.

[spoiler=Current Lush Woods floors]

Maze1B2F.jpg

Maze1B3.jpg

Anyway, once I loaded up on foodstuffs, navigating the kangaroos wasn't that bad. I also tried delivering a Black Taurus to the new red airship I found floating around the north part of the map, but apparently that had expired and she wants a golden goose now. It the reward is anything like when I gave the Sakura trout to the blue airship, I am looking forward to it. Speaking of him, he's now seeking Ebony Carrots. Oh, somewhere along the line I also ran into a Red Pooka. They seem to be EO4's version of Pasarans. Apparently it had all of 1HP, and turned into a Power Book after I killed it.

[spoiler=Windy Plains and Existence of Valley Spring]

Sky1.jpg

Cave3.jpg

It is now 7 AM on Emperor 5.

eclipse, Lv 11 Landsknecht: [Proficiency 1, Power Boost 6, Sonic Raid 3, Blazing Link 1, Vanguard 2] {Blinding Piercer, Hairpin, Scale Mail, Hide Aspis}

Chalis, Lv 11 Nightseeker: [Proficiency 1, Blade Flurry 6, Ice Knife 3, Biding Slice 1, Sand Throw 2] {Poison Blade, Scramasax, Hobblegeon, Hairpin}

Integrity, Lv 11 Fortress: [Proficiency 1, Iron Wall 4, Bolt Strike 1, Ally Shield 3, Strike Guard 3, Element Guard 1] {Macana, Feathered Hat, Scale Mail, Hide Aspis}

Balcerzak, Lv 11 Medic: [Proficiency 1, Healing 3, Line Heal 3, Refresh 2, Treat 1, Recovery 1] {Nirrti, Hairpin, Leather Vest, Lightning Ring}

Snike, Lv 11 Sniper: [Proficiency 1, Leg Snipe 2, Arm Snipe 4, Scavenger 6] {Short Bow, Strap Shoes, Leather Vest, Bronze Icon}

Manix, Runecaster Lv1:

Luka, Dancer Lv1:

Current Quests: Treasure on my mind; Lost: one ring

Completed Quests: Supply request; The Outland Count's task; Atelier request; Defeat a violent baboon!; Culantro, please; Find the headwaters; Atelier request II; Hole-y terror;

Current En: 362

Max Level 11

Enemy Discovery: 8.69%

Item Discovery: 11.07%

Ventured Days: 4

Enemies Hunted: 170

Walked: 1923

Total En: 8037

Burst Dilettante; Tharsis Gofer; Rare Breed Killer; Food Scavenger; Novice Scavenger

Not a whole lot of noteworthy stuff to say, really. Took out a Baboon at the Old Cave, took out a Furyhorn at the Orchard, cleared the whole Valley Spring Cave, mapped out most of B3F and finished all available quests. Gave the red airship lady a Golden Goose (for another kind of neat swag item, but I'm probably not going to equip it, lightning rune medic too useful despite TP+10 All Stats+1). You may notice I haven't been spending my Medic's points, and my most recent Nightseeker point. This is a conscious decision that may be stupid. I'm planning on plopping down a bunch as soon as I cross that level 20 threshhold, because the current tier skills don't appeal to me all that much. I guess I should maybe invest in Line Refresh, etc. but I dunno, I'd rather have a powerful Revive off the bat for emergencies.

Anyway, I think I'm just about ready to take on the "Stratum" Boss here. Maybe I will try to kill a kangaroo first, just for shits and giggles. Oh, looking at my B3 map, I seem to have forgotten to place a few FOE markers. I'll have to remember to do that.

I've tried all of the elements and physicals, and Mandrake isn't dropping his conditional. I'm guessing it's either a bind or an ailment. Probably head bind, based on its death cry. Which sucks because I think you need to be Lv 20 for Head Snipe, and then you'll probably kill it outright.

ValleySpring.jpg

B3More.jpg

It is now 7 AM on Emperor 7.

eclipse, Lv 15 Landsknecht: [Proficiency 1, Power Boost 8, Sonic Raid 3, Blazing Link 1, Vanguard 4] {Pallasch, Solid Moccasins, Lorica Squamata, Pelta}

Chalis, Lv 15 Nightseeker: [Proficiency 1, Blade Flurry 6, Ice Knife 3, Biding Slice 2, Sand Throw 2, Nerve Throw 2] {Poison Blade, Scramasax, Hobblegeon, Hairpin}

Integrity, Lv 15 Fortress: [Proficiency 1, Iron Wall 8, Bolt Strike 1, Ally Shield 3, Strike Guard 3, Element Guard 1] {Macana, Hairpin, Pure Plate, Targe}

Balcerzak, Lv 15 Medic: [Proficiency 1, Healing 3, Line Heal 3, Refresh 2, Treat 1, Recovery 1] {Feather Staff, Barbute, Leather Vest, Lightning Ring}

Snike, Lv 15 Sniper: [Proficiency 1, Leg Snipe 2, Arm Snipe 8, Scavenger 6] {Short Bow, Hairpin, Leather Vest, Bronze Icon}

Manix, Runecaster Lv1:

Luka, Dancer Lv1:

Current Quests:

Completed Quests: Supply request; The Outland Count's task; Atelier request; Defeat a violent baboon!; Culantro, please; Find the headwaters; Atelier request II; Hole-y terror; Treasure on my mind; Lost: one ring;

Current En: 799

Max Level 15

Enemy Discovery: 11.18%

Item Discovery: 13.99%

Ventured Days: 6

Enemies Hunted: 284

Walked: 3053

Total En: 12049

Burst Dilettante; Cache Hobbyist; Tharsis Gofer; Rare Breed Killer; Food Scavenger; Beginning Hunter; Novice Scavenger

[spoiler=A thought on skills]Get Line Refresh. There's a couple of nasty status ailments you'll want to get rid of in a hurry, and they're line/party ones.

This was perhaps the most productive in-game 24 hour segment to date. I went in and killed the Berserker King immediately, though it took me a couple of tries. The first time I completely forgot to use my Burst skills, and died when he had a mere sliver of health left, the second time I got unlucky with not proccing Nerve Toss or Arm Bind until well over half a dozen turns in, and got beat up pretty bad because of it. Third time was the charm though. (btw, remember to activate the Bursts after Vanguard, for boosted damage.)

After clearing out the stratum boss, it was off to the new land of opportunity. We also get introduced to the concept of 3 dimensions, but in order to get more lift, we need to find more ore. That requires a trip to a new Cave. While inside the cave we get our bacon saved by a female Arcanist(?) NPC, before realizing we can only hold our breath 10 squares while trying to dodge greedy lizards. We eventually find some Night Shard ore, and bring it back to town. Along the way, we run into red airship lady best by monsters, we help her fight them off and she gives us a spare airship part.

[spoiler=Scarlet Pillars & Miasma Forest]

Land2Base.jpg

MiasmaForest.jpg

Once our ship is outfitted for Z-level navigation, we go exploring again, both in Windy Plains and in Scarlet Pillar.

[spoiler=sky maps, midlevel]

Land1Mid.jpg

Land2Mid.jpg

This also allows us to uncover several side caves, as well as finally access the stratum 2 main maze.

[spoiler=caves and mazes]

Cave4.jpg

Cave6.jpg

Maze2.jpg

While we were flying around, we had to dodge the scarlet wyrm, and we managed to pick up some Flame Crystals he'd dropped. Score. Then there were only so many hours in the day, so we had to turn in.

It is now 7 AM on Emperor 8.

eclipse, Lv 16 Landsknecht: [Proficiency 1, Power Boost 8, Sonic Raid 3, Blazing Link 1, Vanguard 5] {Pigsticker, Solid Moccasins, Lorica Squamata, Pelta}

Chalis, Lv 16 Nightseeker: [Proficiency 1, Blade Flurry 6, Ice Knife 3, Biding Slice 2, Sand Throw 2, Nerve Throw 2] {Falx, Scramasax, Hard Plate, Hairpin}

Integrity, Lv 16 Fortress: [Proficiency 1, Iron Wall 9, Bolt Strike 1, Ally Shield 3, Strike Guard 3, Element Guard 1] {Macana, Hairpin, Pure Plate, Targe}

Balcerzak, Lv 16 Medic: [Proficiency 1, Healing 3, Line Heal 3, Refresh 2, Treat 1, Recovery 1] {Feather Staff, Barbute, Leather Vest, Lightning Ring}

Snike, Lv 16 Sniper: [Proficiency 1, Leg Snipe 3, Arm Snipe 8, Scavenger 6] {Short Bow, Hairpin, Hard Plate, Bronze Icon}

Manix, Runecaster Lv1:

Luka, Dancer Lv1:

Current Quests: Shroom at the inn; A storied book; Poison blossom?; Missing person;

Completed Quests: Supply request; The Outland Count's task; Atelier request; Defeat a violent baboon!; Culantro, please; Find the headwaters; Atelier request II; Hole-y terror; Treasure on my mind; Lost: one ring;

Current Missions:

Completed Missions: Obtain an Iridescent Ore!; Liberate the Lush Woodlands!

Current En: 1710

Max Level 16

Enemy Discovery: 14.28%

Item Discovery: 19.24%

Ventured Days: 7

Enemies Hunted: 307

Walked: 3384

Total En: 19300

Burst Dilettante; Cache Hobbyist; Tharsis Gofer; Rare Breed Killer; Food Scavenger; Beginning Hunter; Novice Scavenger

Cleared out a few quests and also the Dense Brushlands. Lack of available Mushroom gather points delayed my mushroom quest, and also my ability to distract the Muckdile and unlock the Moth's Garden, at least for 24 hours. This actually may have been a huge annoyance, because I tried venturing into the Noisy Marsh, and it was pretty solidly kicking my ass. I probably need to dip in there for another Longbill Bone though, for a nice Bow upgrade for Snike.

[spoiler=Dense Brushlands and Moths Garden]

DenseBrushland.jpg

Cave6-1.jpg

Since I couldn't really sidequest it up, I had to advance the plot, making my way through the Misty Ravine. The Dark Claws and the Petaloids are kind of a kick in the junk. Also when a Warbull is paired up with a Petaloid, or one of those exploding bitches. I don't think I have any successful Warbull kills to my name just yet. At any rate, plowing through we encounter the Medium, and learn more about Wufey and the other Vessels.

[spoiler=don't let most of b2 fool you, a lot of that is deathmapped, haven't successfully had a full run of it]

Maze2B1F.jpg

Maze2B2.jpg

In other news, I save blue airship guy from being assaulted by monsters, and he repays me with an airship part. I also trail along behind He Who Arrives With Thunder, and collect some of his Flash Crystals.

It is now 7 AM on Emperor 10.

eclipse, Lv 20 Landsknecht: [Proficiency 1, Initiative 1, Power Boost 8, Vanguard 6, Expertise 1, Sonic Raid 3, Blazing Link 1, Double Strike 1] {Pigsticker, Solid Moccasins, Studded Mail, Pelta}

Chalis, Lv 20 Nightseeker: [Proficiency 1, Blade Flurry 6, Speed Boost 1, Expertise 1, Ice Knife 3, Biding Slice 2, Assassinate 4, Sand Throw 2, Nerve Throw 2] {Falx, Machete, Hard Plate, Strength Bracers}

Integrity, Lv 20 Fortress: [Proficiency 1, Iron Wall 10, Expertise 1, Bolt Strike 3, Ally Shield 3, Strike Guard 3, Element Guard 1] {Heavy Mace, Studded Gloves, Pure Plate, Targe}

Balcerzak, Lv 20 Medic: [Proficiency 1, Expertise 1, Healing 3, Line Heal 3, Party Heal 2, Full Heal 2, Revive 4, Treat 1, Refresh 3, Recovery 1] {Fragrant Wand, Barbute, Hard Plate, Lightning Ring}

Snike, Lv 20 Sniper: [Proficiency 1, Scavenger 6, Expertise 1, Leg Snipe 4, Arm Snipe 8, Head Snipe 2] {Short Bow, Hairpin, Hard Plate, Bronze Icon}

Manix, Runecaster Lv1:

Luka, Dancer Lv1:

Current Quests: Moth eggs; Slay the illusionist!; Missing person;

Completed Quests: Supply request; The Outland Count's task; Atelier request; Defeat a violent baboon!; Culantro, please; Find the headwaters; Atelier request II; Hole-y terror; Treasure on my mind; Lost: one ring; Shroom at the inn; A storied book; Small flowers needed!; Poison blossom?;

Current Missions: Deliver the letter to the Medium!

Current En: 3624

Max Level 20

Enemy Discovery: 19.87%

Item Discovery: 25.65%

Ventured Days: 9

Enemies Hunted: 374

Walked: 4402

Total En: 32259

Now that I have easy warp access to Moths Garden, and don't have to distract the Muckdile every time, I go in and clear it out, then I move on to take care of the Noisy Marsh. That eats up most of 12 hours, I think I fly and pick up food for the small amount of time before my nap to 7PM. I take care of each area's respective quest, but I am somewhat flummoxed by the locked door in the middle of the Garden. The marshes have some neat gather points, but those diagonally hopping frogs are a bitch to avoid.

[spoiler=Moths Garden and Noisy Marsh]

MothsGarden.jpg

NoisyMarsh.jpg

After that it's several trips in and out of the main maze, clearing out quests like the illusionist, just mapping out areas in general, opening the 2-way passages and hitting up the gather points. I actually kind of enjoy having to outwit/dodge the Moa (presumably by the sprite) FOEs, making use of the unique topology of the wraparound corridors. On B3 being able to team up with Wufey is seriously clutch, as her Hood Circle and Chain Circle are key in minimizing losses against the Hollows, imhotep. Not to mention passive walking heal, and passive circle heals. I can't wait till I can subclass that shit onto Chalis, turning her into an ailment/bind monster. Initially I'd looked at Sniper's Bind Chase skill as, eeeeh who else will be doing binds but you anyway. My opinion has been revised drastically. Also, I seem to have not properly marked a few FOEs again. Sorry if you're using these as references, any current or future readers!

[spoiler=Misty Ravine]

Maze2B2F.jpg

Maze2B3.jpg

While preparing the stats blocks for my Guild Card updates, I noticed some amusing little glitches. Instead of displaying full-on question marks like most of the unearned medals, these two show up names, despite no icons. I guess it's possible its "working as intended" and just supposed to give you a hint as to the unlock requirements, but something tells me this is doubtful.

[spoiler=Guild Card Glitch?]

GuildCardGlitch1.jpg

GuildCardGlitch2.jpg

It is now 7 AM on Emperor 12, and I am chronically short on cash. I guess that's what I get when I don't take it easy, smell the flowers, and waste in-game time resting to farm the food and gather points. So far it's not too problematic, so I'm going to continue on with this approach. I don't doubt it will prove untenable either next stratum or the one after it. I did love when one of the NPCs was like, it seems like just a few days ago you arrived, and you've already come so far. Protip: it was only a few days ago I arrived. :D

eclipse, Lv 24 Landsknecht: [Proficiency 1, Initiative 5, Power Boost 8, Vanguard 6, Expertise 1, Sonic Raid 3, Blazing Link 1, Double Strike 1] {Espada Ropera, Solid Moccasins, Studded Mail, Pelta}

Chalis, Lv 24 Nightseeker: [Proficiency 1, Blade Flurry 6, Speed Boost 5, Expertise 1, Ice Knife 3, Biding Slice 2, Assassinate 4, Sand Throw 2, Nerve Throw 2] {Macuahuitl, Falx, Leaf Tunic, Chain Helm}

Integrity, Lv 24 Fortress: [Proficiency 1, Iron Wall 10, Expertise 1, Bolt Strike 3, Holy Smite 2, Ally Shield 3, Line Shield 2, Strike Guard 3, Element Guard 1] {Heavy Mace, Studded Gloves, Pure Plate, Targe}

Balcerzak, Lv 24 Medic: [Proficiency 1, Stretch 1, Expertise 1, Healing 3, Line Heal 3, Party Heal 4, Full Heal 2, Revive 4, Treat 1, Refresh 3, Recovery 1] {Fragrant Wand, Barbute, Hard Plate, Lightning Ring}

Snike, Lv 24 Sniper: [Proficiency 1, Scavenger 6, Expertise 1, Leg Snipe 4, Arm Snipe 8, Head Snipe 6] {Long Bow, Hairpin, Half Armor, Bronze Icon}

Manix, Runecaster Lv1:

Luka, Dancer Lv1:

Current Quests:

Completed Quests: Supply request; The Outland Count's task; Atelier request; Defeat a violent baboon!; Culantro, please; Find the headwaters; Atelier request II; Hole-y terror; Treasure on my mind; Lost: one ring; Shroom at the inn; A storied book; Small flowers needed!; Poison blossom?; Mist monster; Headwaters, continued; Moth eggs; Slay the illusionist!; Slime mold of the gods; Missing person; Atelier request III

Current Missions: Deliver the letter to the Medium!

Current En: 25

Max Level 24

Enemy Discovery: 22.36%

Item Discovery: 28.86%

Ventured Days: 11

Enemies Hunted: 452

Walked: 5337

Total En: 47595

Edited by Balcerzak

The frogs weren't too bad, IMO. Since they jumped diagonally, it was pretty easy to avoid them outright. I dealt with the Muckdile by beating him up. . .actually, that's how I deal with a lot of things in this game.

[spoiler=Misty Ravine B3 stuff]

1. Snare Circle is my move of choice for dealing with the Hollows. They can't dodge while they're bound like that.

2. I found the moa dodging in B3 to be more fun than B2.

This is Bal's playlog, not the EO4 general topic (which is plenty fair game to post in). Oh, that reminds me. Since I'm well past where you are, Bal, if you need a hint or two, give a yell!

Went in and completely wrecked the Hollow Queen. I accidentally killed her before killing one of her second wave reinforcements, though, so I will have a hole in my Monster compendium until she respawns. Still, I had done good work, and didn't feel like reloading for something minor like that that will easily be corrected in the inevitable future. After that, I flew in to the newly accessible Land 3.

[spoiler=Sacred Mountains]

Land3Low.jpg

Land3Mid.jpg

This land has a couple of interesting gimmicks, and makes use of the z plane a lot more than just "well, you're higher up, you can reach more places". I'm not sure how I feel about snow making you unable to ascend though, that just feels more annoying than not. Anyway, wandered around here mapping the place out and trying to find as many caves as possible. Needed to use the catapult to get to the Underground Lake, which is apparently Land 3 Cave 3, so I'm still missing Cave 2 somewhere. Well, I'm sure it will turn up sooner or later.

[spoiler=Assorted Caves]

CrampedNest.jpg

Cave11.jpg

Cleared out the Cramped Nest after needing only one break to rest up at the inn, so that wasn't too bad. The main maze for this land has two entrances, however, which makes it a little unique. I spent a little bit of time exploring each of them, but haven't really progressed terribly far down either. You have to harvest Ice Stakes (that melt if you leave the dungeon), and then use them to destroy these fire pillar things that act as damage tiles to all the squares they surround. You can't advance if two of the fire pillars would burn you at the same time either, so simply girding your loins and bolting through is not an option.

[spoiler=Golden Lair]

Maze3B1.jpg

Maze3B2.jpg

It is now 7 AM on Emperor 14.

eclipse, Lv 28 Landsknecht: [Proficiency 1, Initiative 8, Power Boost 8, Vanguard 6, Expertise 1, Sonic Raid 3, Blazing Link 1, Double Strike 2] {Espada Ropera, Chain Helm, Fluted Armor, Pelta}

Chalis, Lv 28 Nightseeker: [Proficiency 1, Blade Flurry 6, Speed Boost 9, Expertise 1, Ice Knife 3, Biding Slice 2, Assassinate 4, Sand Throw 2, Nerve Throw 2] {Macuahuitl, Falx, Leaf Tunic, Bascinet}

Integrity, Lv 28 Fortress: [Proficiency 1, Iron Wall 10, Expertise 1, Bolt Strike 3, Holy Smite 2, Ally Shield 3, Line Shield 3, Party Shield 3, Strike Guard 3, Element Guard 1] {Heavy Mace, Studded Gloves, Fluted Armor, Feather Shield}

Balcerzak, Lv 28 Medic: [Proficiency 1, Stretch 5, Expertise 1, Healing 3, Line Heal 3, Party Heal 4, Full Heal 2, Revive 4, Treat 1, Refresh 3, Recovery 1] {Fragrant Wand, Forest Crown, Hard Plate, Lightning Ring}

Snike, Lv 28 Sniper: [Proficiency 1, Scavenger 6, Expertise 1, Leg Snipe 6, Arm Snipe 8, Head Snipe 8] {Long Bow, Barbute, Half Armor, Bronze Icon}

Manix, Runecaster Lv1:

Luka, Dancer Lv1:

Current Quests: Deliver perpetual ice;

Completed Quests: Supply request; The Outland Count's task; Atelier request; Defeat a violent baboon!; Culantro, please; Find the headwaters; Atelier request II; Hole-y terror; Treasure on my mind; Lost: one ring; Shroom at the inn; A storied book; Small flowers needed!; Poison blossom?; Mist monster; Headwaters, continued; Moth eggs; Slay the illusionist!; Slime mold of the gods; Missing person; Atelier request III; Appled sciences; Please find Snow Garden; Curry courier; What's that rock?

Current Missions:

Completed Missions: Obtain an Iridescent Ore!; Liberate the Lush Woodlands!; Deliver the letter to the Medium!

Current En: 12646

Max Level 28

Enemy Discovery: 27.32%

Item Discovery: 36.44%

Ventured Days: 13

Enemies Hunted: 525

Walked: 6044

Total En: 77976

Vessels' Ally; Burst User; Cache Hobbyist; Tharsis Gofer; Rare Breed Killer; Food Collector; Beginning Hunter; Novice Scavenger

The frogs weren't too bad, IMO. Since they jumped diagonally, it was pretty easy to avoid them outright. I dealt with the Muckdile by beating him up. . .actually, that's how I deal with a lot of things in this game.

[spoiler=Misty Ravine B3 stuff]

1. Snare Circle is my move of choice for dealing with the Hollows. They can't dodge while they're bound like that.

2. I found the moa dodging in B3 to be more fun than B2.

Well, I could never remember the, uh, I guess radius is the wrong word for it, but the radius of the frog's movement path, and got caught by one or two of them, thinking I was safe. Also, you've beaten the Muckdile already, in order to gain access to that cave? ...Clearly I should revisit old lands and take care of some old FOEs, just to add to my compendium.

This is Bal's playlog, not the EO4 general topic (which is plenty fair game to post in). Oh, that reminds me. Since I'm well past where you are, Bal, if you need a hint or two, give a yell!

I don't mind a little bit of off-chatter here or there as long as it doesn't get too bad. Also, I appreciate the offer for hints, but I think the only thing I'm going to ask at the moment is how to get the Hollow Believer's conditional drop, and that's just to save me some experimenting time. I will keep this standing offer in mind for the future, however.

Hollow Believer: If I'm reading the Japanese wiki right, you have to confuse/panic them (I'm not sure if they're the same thing; the former is what I translated, and the latter is what I remember happening to my poor party).