Hoenn region tier list

MacLovin

Taken from an Emerald one I found several pages back

In-game

Trades will not be considered, due to lack of online.

Disco Tier

SPinda

Haar Tier

Mudkip

Top Tier

Torchic

Taillow

Shroomish

Makuhita

High Tier

Machop

Treecko

Abra

Carvahna

Magnemite

Zigzagoon

Marill

Zangoose

Ralts

Upper Mid

Skarmory

Wingull

Tropius

Electrike

Tentacool

Solrock

Vulpix

Voltorb

Mid

Magikarp

Trapinch

Whismur

Swablu

Lunatone

Shuppet

Oddish

Absol

Zubat

Gulpin

Sableye

Seviper

Lower Mid

Corpish

Seedot

Torkoal

Poochyena

Geodude

Sandshrew

Wailmer

Grimer

Koffing

Spoink

Chinchou

Lotad

Numel

Low

Pikachu

Heracross

Cacnea

Lileep

Baltoy

Anorith

Slugma

Duskull

Slakoth

Barboach

Aron

Nincada

Illumise

Volbeat

Bottom

Pinser

Wobbufett.

Wurmple

Cascoon

Goldeen

Psyduck

Horsea

Feebas

Doduo

Girafarig

Natu

Spheal

Clamperl

Relicanth

Rhyhorn

Phanpy

Skitty

Jigglypuff

Kecleon

Minun

Plusle

Nosepass

Bagon

Mawile

Corsola

Luvdisc

Go on, beat the sh*t out of me for it.

Edited by Sharpy The Snowman

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.

Theres the Secret Power TM you recieve on the route right below the route you catch Skarmory in in......

And I think theres a heart scale in Mauville you can find.

To have Skarmory re-learn Steel Wing.

Well.

Theres the Secret Power TM you recieve on the route right below the route you catch Skarmory in in......

And I think theres a heart scale in Mauville you can find.

To have Skarmory re-learn Steel Wing.

1) how do you re-learn move you get at lv 34 or something?

2) Still not seeing how he overdoes shroomish's Availability, Lv, Offence and Utility leads

Ralts needs to drop, Ralts really isn't much better than Abra, Kadabra is way better than Kirlia, and Kadabra is still faster than Gardevoir, and Defence really doesn't matter on a powerhouse like Kadabra anyhow.

And Abra stops being awful at level 15, while Kirlia stops being awful at level 26 or whenever it learns Psychic, and then needs till level 30 to compete with Kadabra.

Edited by General Horace

1) how do you re-learn move you get at lv 34 or something?

2) Still not seeing how he overdoes shroomish's Availability, Lv, Offence and Utility leads

Ohh yeah Whoops.

Well, how bout the fact that it's near invincible against all physical attacks.

Yeah, I guess it could drop, below ZigZagoon.???

Something about Magnemite seems wrong.....

Oh, and Abra is somewhat of a pian to catch,

But I guess you do have a point.

But Ralts has availibility and starts being semi-useful at level 5-6 when it learns confusion.

And Kirlia can learn Shockwave, along with having access to Thunderbolt and being able to take a hit.

Edited by The Creeper

Ralts needs to drop, Ralts really isn't much better than Abra, Kadabra is way better than Kirlia, and Kadabra is still faster than Gardevoir, and Defence really doesn't matter on a powerhouse like Kadabra anyhow.

And Abra stops being awful at level 15, while Kirlia stops being awful at level 26 or whenever it learns Psychic, and then needs till level 30 to compete with Kadabra.

Hmmm. I suppose this is true, however Ralts does have fighting gym utility (I am pretty sure Kadabra at brawly is unreasonable)

Well, how bout the fact that it's near invincible against all physical attacks.

Yeah, I guess it could drop, below ZigZagoon.???

Lets see...

big guys of evil teams run good special moves I think

Flannery Laughs at Skarmy. Everyone Laughs at Norman because we can just protect/detect his ass. Winona is pretty good point for him, Tate/Liza has Solrock with Flamwthrower so :/ . Stootopolis guy of choise is pretty spcial heavy. Dark Elite 4 I dont know what to say about, Ghost has like Will of Whisp all over the place to troll skarmy, Ice chick has lots of water moves and Drake... Is Skarmory fun time. Champion in general is pretty bad for him. Cant say I like him that high :/:

Something about Magnemite seems wrong.....

Magneton at pretty high lv right after norman is cool against Winona and Water boys...

Edited by Princess K

Why is Carvanha in high? I wouldn't expect a Pokemon that requires you to have gotten your 5th badge before you even have a chance to catch it to be in high....

Ridiculous HM utility, High lv Sharpedos with super rod, Not too bad offensive

I still think it needs to drop. And the Super Rod isn't available until Mossdeep.

Dropped Skarmory.

Sharpedo/Carvana are really good

High Attack/Sp attack

Along with stab Surf and Crunch is good

Add ice beam/blizzard and you get a good water type.

Not to mention it's ability to learn Earthquake and swords dance and I think ROck Slide too.

Maybe it could but super rod in mosseep is ok because A) High Lv Psyhic Immune Surf Stab on Tate and Liza's doorstep, and magma battle of laboratory in Emerald. B) you know right when you start needing someone with Surf/Dive or Waterfall/Strenght/Rock Smah Combo no less!

Yeah I would say Cravanha deserves to be quite high...

How bout Machop dropping.

Low speed as Machoke+ needing to trade for evolution kinda sucks

1) Don't even need 3rd form.

2) Could still drop for just being Makuhita with worse availability and not option to be ingame traded for fabulous exp. gain

Dropped Skarmory.

Sharpedo/Carvana are really good

High Attack/Sp attack

Along with stab Surf and Crunch is good

Add ice beam/blizzard and you get a good water type.

Not to mention it's ability to learn Earthquake and swords dance and I think ROck Slide too.

Well, forgive me for not being sold... I always thought of them as lesser Water types. Especially when there's Starmie and Swampert.

It can't learn Swords Dance or Rock Slide (It CAN use Rock Tomb, but that's weak and fairly inaccurate).

Staryu is kinda rare, and needs a water stone.

Swampert is indeed overkill and should be in (Haar tier)

But, in using the only (easy to get ) water stone, you would be sacrificing the chance to use Ludicolo, another good water type.

Staryu is kinda rare, and needs a water stone.

Swampert is indeed overkill and should be in (Haar tier)

But, in using the only (easy to get ) water stone, you would be sacrificing the chance to use Ludicolo, another good water type.

You got me on the point where Staryu's rare.

Also, I think Ludicolo's a bit high, since it gets practically nothing good in terms of attacks for over half the game.

EDIT:

Maybe it could but super rod in mosseep is ok because A) High Lv Psyhic Immune Surf Stab on Tate and Liza's doorstep, and magma battle of laboratory in Emerald. B) you know right when you start needing someone with Surf/Dive or Waterfall/Strenght/Rock Smah Combo no less!

Yeah I would say Cravanha deserves to be quite high...

I'd concern myself more with Tate and Liza in Emerald, because RS Tate & Liza are a total joke. And I'd say Sharpedo's suibpar defenses are its undoing there, what with an EQ spamming Claydol and a Solrock that will blow it away with Solarbeam if it's sunny.

In addition, I think Seedot and Lotad both can stand to drop. Lotad has to subsist on weak attacks for a long while before Surf is available (Astonish in particular sucking early on when you see a lot of Normal types doesn't help) and Seedot.... Being stuck having to use Bide for any sort of damage is a serious problem.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Lotad/Lombres got bullet seed earlygame

As well as secret/nature power and astonish.

Then its a decent hm slave until surf, giga drain, rain dance, ice bean, blizzard, and dive become availible.

Oh, and Lombre learns hydro pump naturally.

And Lotad learns Rain Dance naturally, although its at an unreasonable level.....

Staryu is rare, and Starmie, while awesome, is easily replaced by Kadabra, Gardevoir, Sceptile, Magneton, MANectric, Lanturn, and SHARPEDO.

And it arrive Kyogre/Groudon and Lantern become accessable.

Methinks Electrike>Magnemite, due to earlygame and high speed.

Also I think Barboach should rise to above Vulpix

Being a weak Swampert with decent availibility>having status moves, monopoly on fire stone, free Flamethrower and high special stats.

Ninetails get murdered by a lot of lategame......

So, I'm beginning to think that Vulpix should drop to bottom of Mid.

Right above Seedot.

Also, I'm not sure about the position of Maril.

Having good availibility and coming right before rustboro>Carvanas murder of lategame.

Heck, Carvana is like the best Dark type of 3rd gen.

(Tyranitar is lol for being sooo hard to raise.)

Also, Spheal, Spoink, and Heracross need appear to need to rise.

Spheals bulky, and has good typing, as well as Ice stab and is common as fuck in that cave.

Spoink is decent, it can take special hits all day long, and is like a mini Kadabra/Gardevoir.

Heracross may be hard to find and catch, like Staryu, but become good with little cost.

I'd put those 2 in the bottom of mid.

Any arguments??

Also I think Barboach should rise to above Vulpix

Being a weak Swampert with decent availibility>having status moves, monopoly on fire stone, free Flamethrower and high special stats.

Ninetails get murdered by a lot of lategame......

So, I'm beginning to think that Vulpix should drop to bottom of Mid.

Right above Seedot.

Not happening. I argued Vulpix up on the idea that Confuse Ray + Will O' Wisp essentially cheeses just about anything. Vulpix's only real problem is it's pretty low Def and Will O' Wisp solves that and lets you do some damage to boot.

Then its a decent hm slave until surf, giga drain, rain dance, ice bean, blizzard, and dive become availible.

And Lotad learns Rain Dance naturally, although its at an unreasonable level.....

I say again, Astonish sucks. There just isn't much it's hitting super effective early on (just Abra and Ralts, both of which are rare and can't even hurt you). As opposed to Whismur, Poochyena, Taillow, Zigzagoon and the occasional Skitty which it's either NVE or outright ineffective against... Also, Lombre doesn't learn Hydro Pump until level 49 - that's a looong time to put up with 60 Special Attack. And Nature Power is location dependent. And did I mention Lotad sucks earlygame?

works

Methinks Electrike>Magnemite, due to earlygame and high speed.

Electrikes early game sucks balls. It is offensively hopeless until it gets Spark or Shokwave, don't really do anything amasing before Magnemite appears and Def > Spe in ingame IMO because in ingame your generally higher lv makes outspeeding easier.

Also, I'm not sure about the position of Maril.

Having good availibility and coming right before rustboro>Carvanas murder of lategame.

Only in Emerald. In Ruby/Sapphire it don't really have anything not named Flanery's gym over I don't know Cravanha who rapes marill once both are optainable. And Maril has pretty low SPAtk

Also, Spheal, Spoink, and Heracross need appear to need to rise.

lol

Spheals bulky, and has good typing, as well as Ice stab and is common as fuck in that cave.

1) I don't think we should consider rarity for tiering purposes. FE ones don't either.

2) Comes ridiculously fucking underleveled

Spoink is decent, it can take special hits all day long, and is like a mini Kadabra/Gardevoir.

Comes underleveled and is outclassed by a lot

Heracross may be hard to find and catch, like Staryu, but become good with little cost.

I'd put those 2 in the bottom of mid.

Bit underleveled and Oh my god so outclassed by pretty much any fighting type. Bug ain't that hot shit in RSE

Not happening. I argued Vulpix up on the idea that Confuse Ray + Will O' Wisp essentially cheeses just about anything. Vulpix's only real problem is it's pretty low Def and Will O' Wisp solves that and lets you do some damage to boot.

Will o wisp cuts attack

Confuse ray relies on the opponents attack for the opponent to hurt itself.

Well, I guess it incapacitates an opponent for a while....

Yeah, but vulpix competes with Torchic and Numel.

Both have better movesets.

Numels typing-

Don't let it fight water/ground types.

Blaziken-

If it outruns the enemy, then it kills.

Also, aside from WoW, Confuse ray, flamethrower and toxic, what does Ninetail do???

Will o wisp cuts attack

Confuse ray relies on the opponents attack for the opponent to hurt itself.

Well, I guess it incapacitates an opponent for a while....

Yeah, but vulpix competes with Torchic and Numel.

Both have better movesets.

Numels typing-

Don't let it fight water/ground types.

Blaziken-

If it outruns the enemy, then it kills.

Vulpix learns Flamethrower naturally, which Camerupt can't claim unless it was kept as a Numel until level 41 (which means missing out on Rock Slide in the process. And no, Eruption isn't good when you're as slow as Camerupt).