Which gender is the best for Avatar?

Algernon

I'm not too concerned with Morgan since I can get either gender-exclusive skills for him/her, but what would be best for an Avatar that will primarily be using tomes? This will be a Lunatic+ playthrough, and I plan to keep using him/her for late and postgame along with the children.

I feel that a male would be preferable, as that usually allows for two children with access to all classes, along with Taguel/Manakete children to have access to the same. This is purely for Endgame, since it won't likely happen enough for really matter for the core game.

Unless you do ChromxMU, I suppose, for a nice Lucina. And if you know what class access you want for Endgame, it could be pretty equal, ultimately.

I'm more worried about which would make the better unit for Avatar him/herself. I can think of good pairings for either gender. Almost all the children can inherit the gender exclusive skill they need. The Avatar can't since (s)he's not a child, so I need help deciding whether Counter/Wrath or Galeforce is better.

I plan on having Avatar end as either a Grandmaster, Sage, or Sorcerer.

Edited by Algernon

Since I think Chrom is so damn dreamy I would make a female Avatar and make her look pretty and have Chrom marry me <3 :)

Same here, I plan on doing the same thing in all my playthroughs^^

I'd say either gender since if you going to have an Avatar primarily using tomes, then it wouldn't matter which gender as long as you make Avatar's asset Magic.

Otherwise, it depends on whether or not you would want to have Chrom marry a Female Avatar or go as a Male Avatar.

Butbutbutbutbutbut D:

Miracle Counter. D:

You can't have that moment when you laugh at your friend after they laugh after activating Lethality on you... you then miracle. And they die from the counter. Not with FeMU. D:

Butbutbutbutbutbut D:

Miracle Counter. D:

You can't have that moment when you laugh at your friend after they laugh after activating Lethality on you... you then miracle. And they die from the counter. Not with FeMU. D:

Are you satan?

Butbutbutbutbutbut D:

Miracle Counter. D:

That is a very compelling argument. :D

Female avatar married to Chrom seems like the strongest choice gameplay-wise but I think it is probably also the best choice story-wise. In my opinion you get the best version of a certain scene between Avatar and Lucina.

If you boil the question down to Wrath+Counter vs Galeforce FeMU wins handily.

There's also Axefaire for male. Galeforce is still better unless you're making a Streetpass team (since no one will let their characters die unless on casual anyway).

Butbutbutbutbutbut D:

Miracle Counter. D:

Happened to me just yesterday with a Brady. ;-;

If you're primarily using tomes, I'd say it doesn't really matter. Though personally, I think male exclusive skills aren't all that exciting...

Male Avatar is more Streetpass oriented due to Counter, while Female Avatar is more in-game oriented due to Galeforce.

Male Avatar also gets one crazy offensive skill if you download the Lost Bloodlines 2 DLC, reclass, and train him up to Lv. 15 as a Dread Fighter. Still not on the same level as Galeforce, but I as far as it goes, Male Avatar and Female Avatar both get some significant advantages over the other regardless of which you choose (which is why I will play as both).

Well, if you're going for pure strength of the avatar, I'd say Male overtakes female. If you're looking for the best possible outcome with children, it'd be FeMU. Rightful King, Lethality, and Galeforce all on any one character is stupidity... having it on three characters is just insane. The absolute best pairing is ChromxOlivia with Lucina and Inigo as his children and then feMU marrying Inigo passing on Rightful King to MaMorg. Don't matter Lucina doesn't get every class when they both get Aegis, Lethality, Rightful King, Galeforce, and Luna.

In terms of sheer gameplay rampaging, Female Avatar x Chrom is basically as good as it gets. Ridiculously easy S-Support to make means she'll have a very easy time of it overall. That she's only missing a handful of skills isn't that big a deal because most of them are gimmicky or physical-focused, and a tome-wielding Avatar isn't going to care.

Male Avatar x Chrom can ramp up to an easy A, but I'd take an S over an A and it has the side benefit of making an actually-great Lucina with no grinding, so that's great.

Female avatar married to Chrom seems like the strongest choice gameplay

I know right?!? Who can't resist his manly voice and muscles omg Chrom <333333

Because Chrom is one of the best people to fan girl over! That voice....and Lucina as a daughter....Can't be beat! XD

Yeah, it really depends on what you want out of the character: in story roflstomper, street pass roflstomper, or DLC trooper.......or as many of those qualities as you can fit into one unit. Experiment! XD