Did you turn your avatar into a full blown OC?

Dragoncat

Think of RP characters, pretty much. Did you take your avatar, play with their backstory and stuff like that, until you can probably use them in an RP/fanfic? If so, let's see them. Take mine as an example.

Name: Rene

Class: Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord

- Steed: Sol(male gold wyvern with green eyes)

Appearance: Medium length, dark red hair, brown eyes. Usually wears typical wyvern rider armor over a blue tunic, about average height and weight.

Personality: Has a gift for tactics, and is quite intelligent. Usually quiet and antisocial until you get to know her. Around friends, she's constantly joking and not taking much other than tactical things seriously. Her steed is a bit lazy, often times he has to be bribed with treats before a battle, or else he won't do much.

Backstory: Grew up in Ferox, with parents who had ties to the Feroxi military. Her father was a powerful swordsman, while her mother was a pegasus knight. At the age of 13, a young wyvern showed up at her parents' doorstep. They asked around and nobody knew where he came from. Rene adopted the wyvern and named him Sol, since his scales were the color of the sun. She was then given flying lessons by her mother, and a friend of the family who was an axe fighter showed her how to wield axes.

Rene's parents were drafted into the annual tournaments that determined whether East or West Ferox would hold power for that year time and time again, and every time, she worried that they wouldn't come back. Once her father returned with a gouged out eye, and another time her mother's pegasus had a wounded wing that almost made her unable to fly. Rene didn't see the point of these tournaments, they just seemed like a waste of time and energy, especially when there were bandits that deserved thrashing more than anyone else.

When the time came that she was old enough to be drafted herself, she took Sol and fled the country. Her parents would just try to convince her otherwise. She knew it was wrong, but so was beating one's own countrymen to bloody pulps because of politics. She was jumped by bandits in a field south of Ylisse, and was found unconscious by the Ylissean prince himself. Sol was gone when she woke up, but she agreed to travel with the prince just until the wyvern returned. She later found him with the same bandits that attacked her, they had him in a cage and were going to sell him to some shady figure. She had enjoyed the company of the Ylissean Prince Chrom and his group, so she stayed with them even after she got Sol back and acted as their tactician.

She was a bit nervous when the group had to go to Ferox to ask for help with the risen problem. To her surprise, the khans were friendly and understanding. She still found the annual tournaments a bit ridiculous, but she now saw the Feroxi government in a new light. The West Feroxi swordsman Lon'qu that the khan Basillo sent to join the group intrigued her. He didn't mind the tournaments, and he had that weird quirk of not being comfortable around women, but Rene could tell he wasn't a bad person, and she thought he was kind of cute. She managed to win his heart, even if it did require a bit of fruit throwing. They later had a son, Morgan, who inherited his father's sword skill and his mother's tactical instinct.

As you can see I've changed some things. Mainly...

Validar is not her father.

But I did marry Lon'qu and reclass to a wyvern rider.

ALSO if anyone's on Deviant Art, I'm running a contest with Ana/Great Aether/Kelly, where you do this. Let me know if you're interested.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds cool...do you have it written out like I did? Did you reclass to anything?

In other news, I think your profile pic might make people with epilepsy get seizures xD

Yep, sure did, as you already know. ^^ I haven't included all of this information in my fics yet, but I will eventually.

Spoiler tagging for obvious reasons:

Name: Kelli

Class: Tactician -> Grandmaster -> Dark Flier. Her mount is a dark blue-violet Pegasus named Twilight (I got the name from the pony character, NOT the books of the same name, just to clarify)

Appearance: Kelli looks somewhat young for her age, around 18sh. She has long wavy teal hair that she keeps in a ponytail. She has two braids, one on each side of her head that are held by the ponytail as well. When she switched to the Dark Flier class, she got dark bluish green garb from the class.

Personality: Kelli is generally rather cheerful, optimistic, and quite social and talkative (kind of the opposite of me really), and she's pretty dedicated to what she loves. She studies tactics all the time, and she has always had an interest in riding a Pegasus. Unfortunately, for some reason, no one ever taught her to ride one and she joined Ylisse's Pegasus knights rather late. Thankfully, Cordelia (whom she becomes close friends with) teaches her and helps her to become a Dark Flier so she could stick with magic and books. Kelli didn't mind giving up the sword for the lance either. She's also best friends with Chrom and Lissa and considers them to be the brother and sister she never had, even though she's older than both. They took her in, fed her, and sheltered her, after all. Kelli also admires knights in general, which is another reason she wanted to join the Pegasus knights. However, she's also rather impulsive and has a bit of a perverted side. Frederick's overprotectiveness has kind of rubbed off on her as well. She can also sometimes get a bit TOO excited. And she avoids Tharja like wildfire because she REALLY does not like her.

Backstory: Everyone knows Validar is the Avatar's father, but what about the mother? After Kelli was born and her mother, Cristina (named for FE12's Avatar), took her away and ran, she raised her in a fairly secluded village in Ylisse. As a little girl, Kelli had apparently dreamed of one day marrying a "handsome knight in shining armor" but didn't really make any friends. Her mother was just too cautious and too afraid of being found by the Grimleal. Kelli also had a liking for horses and Pegasi and wanted to learn to ride one, but Cristina just couldn't find an opportunity to let her learn, as she didn't know how to ride either. Kelli would ask her mother about her father and such, but Cristina remained secretive to protect her. But eventually, they were found anyway...

And after that, the rest of Kelli's pre-Awakening history is unknown. No one has been able to explain how she ended up in a Grimleal cloak and unconcious in a random field. But after Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick found her, she, of course, could not remember anything. Frederick caught her eye the most, as somehow, she could see that he was a knight of high rank...and he was quite handsome. For some reason, she felt drawn to him, but was hurt when he repeatedly distrusted and disrespected her. Even when Frederick began to trust her a little, they bickered over it. But when they weren't bickering, Frederick showed a kinder, more mature and charming side. He served all of Chrom's Shepherds, even Kelli, to his heart's content. Even if he was rather doting. But Kelli soon found herself falling in love, even if she didn't want to. She hid her feelings for a little while, but eventually got up the courage to ask Frederick to train her so she could spend time with him. Kelli then asked to return the favor, and surprisingly, Frederick obliged and requested that she help him get more used to bear meat.

It had taken some real elbow grease, but eventually, Kelli won Frederick's heart and affection, and almost out of nowhere, he asked her marry him! Kelli was all too happy to say yes, and Chrom was all too happy to give the couple the best wedding they could ask for. Later on, Cordelia would teach Kelli to ride a Pegasus, and Kelli was able to befriend a blue-violet Pegasus from a local Pegasi farm. She named her Twilight because of the color.

However, the future held some rough hills and cliffs for hers and Frederick's relationship to climb. A cocky, selfish sorcerer that calls himself Phantom threatened the couple during their honeymoon, claiming that Kelli had married him before she even met the Shepherds. Frederick manages to defeat him, but he did not come away without being terribly injured, and was confined to a clinic bed for awhile.

A few years later or so, after the events of Awakening end, Kelli finds that she is with child and Frederick begins driving her crazy with his overdone attempts to care for her during her pregnancy. A twist of fate then leads them to find Cristina almost half a year later, and Kelli learns some of her past from her. But even she did not know how Kelli ended up unconscious in a field. The last time she had seen Kelli, the little girl had seemingly vanished while the two were in a fairly crowded market. It isn't long, however, before a small group of assassins attack Cristina and the couple, revealing themselves to be leftovers of the Grimleal seeking vengeance on the two. Phantom also makes a shocking reappearance among them and is out for Frederick's throat. He reveals that he actually WASN'T ever married to Kelli, but he had been betrothed to her so they could later continue the bloodline and give Grima more vessels. And he HAD genuinely cared for her. This, and the humiliation Frederick had handed to him years before drove him to be more violent and nasty. He also reveals that even though he had appeared to be dead after Frederick defeated him, he had secretly chanted another incantation so he could transform his soul into a Risen-like form, but one that has the intelligence of a live human. He also can no longer be killed the natural way.

Unfortunately, an attack from one of the group strikes Kelli, who is now barely nine months pregnant, and knocks her over. Her water then breaks prematurely, and Frederick winds up having to rush her to the nearest clinic while Cristina leads the assassins away all on her own. Phantom doesn't pursue any of them, as he thinks he's taken away what Frederick loves the most and got the perfect revenge. But Frederick makes it to the clinic in time, and Kelli survives. Baby Morgan does as well, although he is smaller than average due to the premature birth and must be watched over by the doctors and nurses for a little while. Frederick, meanwhile, just thanks every peaceful god in existence that he was able to save his wife and son.

As for Cristina, Kelli worried about her endlessly, only able to think of the stories she had told her. This leads her to finally remember her childhood, but she unfortunately never regained the rest of her memories.

A couple years later, Kelli gave birth to a second child, a daughter named Antoinette. She and Frederick were surprised by her arrival, as Morgan was the only child of theirs to come from the future. But they still raised their children with the most love and care possible.

Edited by Anacybele

Not entirely

Didn't develop a character or anything

But I am a bit of a character design nut so I designed class-appropriate outfits for her in her 3 main classes

Also she's like 32 or sth because there's too many kids in FE need some proper adults to balance it out

Dark blue pegasus, Ana? I didn't think pegasi came in that color. Black maybe, but not blue.

And when you told me about the sorcerer dude on DA, after I got the game I thought he was Validar. Guess I was wrong. But this Phantom sounds like an even bigger dick than Validar anyway. And...Morgan being a preemie. We use a lot of the same ideas. My character Leo's son is that way too. I'm currently writing up blurbs about my OCs to put here, yeah...ONLY my Milo wasn't born that tramatically. He just decided he wanted into the world a month early I guess. o_o That would be crazy. If either Morgan or Kelli didn't survive that I don't think poor Freddy would ever get over it and move on...

Edited by Dragoncat

Dark blue pegasus, Ana? I didn't think pegasi came in that color. Black maybe, but not blue.

And when you told me about the sorcerer dude on DA, after I got the game I thought he was Validar. Guess I was wrong. But he sounds like an even bigger dick than Validar anyway. And...Morgan being a preemie. We use a lot of the same ideas. My character Leo's son is that way too. I'm currently writing up blurbs about my OCs to put here, yeah...

I've never seen a wyvern come in Sol's color either though. XD

And Pegasi have come in pink (the enemy Peg knights in the GBA games), green (Vanessa), and bluish black (Awakening's Dark Fliers). There's nothing that says they can't come in more colors. lol

Yeah, Morgan just seems like a premie to me.

Oh snap, I forgot to add Antoinette in that backstory! Damn it, how could I forget my own Awakening OC? xP

I've never seen a wyvern come in Sol's color either though. XD

Touche...I guess I just pictured pegasi to have the same colors as horses. Now that I think of it horses can be blueish. You forgot to specify whether Twilight is stallion or mare, btw.

I was too lazy to put Tricia in there too xD Yeah. They have a second kid. And so do a lot of the other pairs in my headcanon. Henry and Olivia have a set of mage twins after Inigo, Chrom and Sumia have a son after their two daughters, and because his personality is close to Emmeryn's, Chrom wonders if he's Emmeryn reincarnated. Sumia isn't so convinced though.

Edited by Dragoncat

I have it in my fanfiction, but I guess I'll write down info.

[spoiler=My character]

Name: Alec

Class: Tactician -> Grandmaster -> Mercenary -> Hero -> Swordmaster (previous three during two years) -> Grandmaster -> Dread Fighter

Appearance: He initially had the spiky hair of the default Avatar body and started out with a scrawny, but still tough build. He has brown hair.

As a Dread Fighter, he has a black and green scarf and the red ropes on his body are now green. His aura also has a black and green coloration.

Personality: He's an amnesiac, and though he's not very reflective of me, he's still quite lazy, impatient, and sometimes greedy. He despises killing, and only kills if he feels that the enemy has dedicated themselves to their leader to die for them. Regardless, he would never kill soldiers who were forced or threatened to battle, like Mustafa and his men. He can also be one of the dumbest characters in the team, and he's known to forget things.

After the timeskip, he's much more serious and more determined. He's also much more diligent than he was in the past, as he has technically become a family man for the past two years.

He's also both moral and amoral sometimes. He's dedicated to his wife, but he also is kinda picky and rude when it comes to food.

Backstory:

My story is still going, and one of the only known information of his past is that he came from the modern world. He's the son of the Tactician, but his past memories had been erased when he entered the Outrealm gate. Not only did his memories got erased, but his body got desecrated from not having proper guidance through the gate, and died. His body hasn't fully died out as he was a Fellblood, and Earth Dragons could withstand the temporal rift in the Outrealm Gate (Anna's are guides and have special Temporal barriers that protect their travelers). The Time Dragon, convinced by Naga, revived him, but at the cost of a cruel fate. He was revived and placed in Ylisse, where he would be founded by the Prince and her sister.

Touche...I guess I just pictured pegasi to have the same colors as horses. Now that I think of it horses can be blueish. You forgot to specify whether Twilight is stallion or mare, btw.

I was too lazy to put Tricia in there too xD Yeah. They have a second kid. And so do a lot of the other pairs in my headcanon. Henry and Olivia have a set of mage twins after Inigo, Chrom and Sumia have a son after their two daughters, and because his personality is close to Emmeryn's, Chrom wonders if he's Emmeryn reincarnated. Sumia isn't so convinced though.

I edited the post to specify that Twilight is female, but I thought that would be obvious since she's named after a female pony character. XD

Heh, nice! lol I wasn't planning on adding anymore kids myself, though. I just don't feel like it and I really have enough on my plate right now with all my Tellius stuff. xP

I have it in my fanfiction, but I guess I'll write down info.

[spoiler=My character]

Name: Alec

Class: Tactician -> Grandmaster -> Mercenary -> Hero -> Swordmaster (previous three during two years) -> Grandmaster -> Dread Fighter

Appearance: He initially had the spiky hair of the default Avatar body and started out with a scrawny, but still tough build. He has brown hair.

As a Dread Fighter, he has a black and green scarf and the red ropes on his body are now green. His aura also has a black and green coloration.

Personality: He's an amnesiac, and though he's not very reflective of me, he's still quite lazy, impatient, and sometimes greedy. He despises killing, and only kills if he feels that the enemy has dedicated themselves to their leader to die for them. Regardless, he would never kill soldiers who were forced or threatened to battle, like Mustafa and his men. He can also be one of the dumbest characters in the team, and he's known to forget things.

After the timeskip, he's much more serious and more determined. He's also much more diligent than he was in the past, as he has technically become a family man for the past two years.

He's also both moral and amoral sometimes. He's dedicated to his wife, but he also is kinda picky and rude when it comes to food.

Backstory:

My story is still going, and one of the only known information of his past is that he came from the modern world. He's the son of the Tactician, but his past memories had been erased when he entered the Outrealm gate. Not only did his memories got erased, but his body got desecrated from not having proper guidance through the gate, and died. His body hasn't fully died out as he was a Fellblood, and Earth Dragons could withstand the temporal rift in the Outrealm Gate (Anna's are guides and have special Temporal barriers that protect their travelers). The Time Dragon, convinced by Naga, revived him, but at the cost of a cruel fate. He was revived and placed in Ylisse, where he would be founded by the Prince and her sister.

Ooh, that's an interesting backstory you have there, even if it's short. :o Also, I have an FE OC named Alec too. Great minds think alike. ^^

This type of thing is why I hate having an avatar in FE games.

People always twist them into self insert Sues/Stus and it drives me crazy.

Especially since Robin has something resembling an actual canon personality.

So no. Absolutely not.

So no. Absolutely not.

I agree with this.

They can be kinda neat sometimes doe. I've seen very few that I actually like though

Because I h9 most fanfiction.

Edited by Draco

Um... I really try to stray away from the Sueness and not conflict with any of the Avatar's established characteristics...

But seriously, just let us have our fun.

Edited by Anacybele

So no. Absolutely not.

Yeah I hate mary sues and gary stus, but not everybody does that. Let us have our fun :)

I edited the post to specify that Twilight is female, but I thought that would be obvious since she's named after a female pony character. XD

Heh, nice! lol I wasn't planning on adding anymore kids myself, though. I just don't feel like it and I really have enough on my plate right now with all my Tellius stuff. xP

Well yeah...but Twilight can be either gender. The guardians of gahoole books have a male Twilight, so...yep.

Yeah I hate mary sues and gary stus, but not everybody does that. Let us have our fun :)

Well yeah...but Twilight can be either gender. The guardians of gahoole books have a male Twilight, so...yep.

I hate Sues/Stus too, so kudos!

Ah, I see. I hadn't known that. Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony was the only character I knew of with the name. lol

Closest bit to OCing is nothing more than running gags.

[E.G. Squad Symphonia, but for the most part, they're guests who have nil personality, so w/e.]

...and maybe my recurring MU Zweilitz, who shares a name with an OC, but beyond that...Nope.

I don't self-insert either.

Robin is...Robin.

Sorta. More based off another character but still his own creature type thing.

Hes a snarky bastage and befits his name. Besides, if he had his way, the whole Grima thing would have gone down very differently....

But Loki has this thing about his spawn. He loves his children very much. Seriously, dont mess there.

That reminds me, Kelli has a half-brother. That Cristina had with someone she was married to before she met Validar. This half-brother is the male Avatar, but with the default name, Robin. Kelli searches for him because she wants to see if she can bring yet another family member into baby Morgan's life.

That reminds me, Kelli has a half-brother. That Cristina had with someone she was married to before she met Validar. This half-brother is the male Avatar, but with the default name, Robin. Kelli searches for him because she wants to see if she can bring yet another family member into baby Morgan's life.

Cool...

I kinda feel sorry for Cristina. First marriage went kaput from the looks of things. Then Validar...well, he doesn't seem like someone who would be a good dad/husband. Dead beat not showing interest in his kid unless it benefits him and likely sleeping around with other women. I bet she's happy that Kelli's with a responsible, knight in shining armor type. But is she even the least bit jealous?

Cool...

I kinda feel sorry for Cristina. First marriage went kaput from the looks of things. Then Validar...well, he doesn't seem like someone who would be a good dad/husband. Dead beat not showing interest in his kid unless it benefits him and likely sleeping around with other women. I bet she's happy that Kelli's with a responsible, knight in shining armor type. But is she even the least bit jealous?

Yeah, she went through a lot. Her first husband had been killed by the Plegia bandits, and she later met Validar by chance. According to her, he wasn't a psycho back then and was actually caring towards her. He didn't look as...menacing either. But she speculates that this might have been a ruse to take advantage of her pain so he could continue his line and finally produce a perfect vessel for Grima. Either that, or Validar had gradually become too tainted and corrupted by the Grimleal's influences.

But hey, I had to come up with something for why any woman got with this guy. :P

And nah, Cristina is too happy that her daughter managed to find a much better life. Also, she eventually sent Robin away so he didn't get caught up in the Validar situation. She doesn't know where he is when she finally finds Kelli again, but she had made sure he was placed with a caring new family, so Kelli volunteers to find him.

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't think about Awakening deep enough to make them full blown OCs.

Especially since I've seen what self-insert or semi-self-insert OCs do to this fandom.

As much I would love to say "kill everything", Gim-Rey is not meant to be taken seriously.

Please tell me you guys don't take them seriously.

Edited by shadowofchaos