Do you use Astrid?

Wolf

Do you use Astrid?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Astrid

• Yes and she is awesome
    • No and she sucks
    • Sometimes

Astrid is awesome, and she gets paragon. Best part is that she is a nomad. If you let her get an axe for her second weapon she can be good at fighting without her bow. But she does start at a low level, and you can give her a forged bow to help her train like I do for Rolf.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really live up to Oscar or Kieran because of STR screwage, but good if you're on a pally playthrough or want a magic killing mounted unit (which Marcia outclasses her in anyways). Paragon isn't really that great, considering Oscar/Kieran should be promoted by the time you get her.

Can't really live up to Oscar or Kieran because of STR screwage, but good if you're on a pally playthrough or want a magic killing mounted unit (which Marcia outclasses her in anyways). Paragon isn't really that great, considering Oscar/Kieran should be promoted by the time you get her.

They aren't likely at all to be promoted unless you overuse them, and she can easily pass them up.

They aren't likely at all to be promoted unless you overuse them, and she can easily pass them up.

That came out wrong, I meant that they would be close to promotion.

Plus, it's not like there isn't room for Astrid anyway. Oscar and Kieran being good is no argument against Astrid. :D

You got me there. Still, the thought of 3 paladins on a normal playthrough makes me cringe.

It shouldn't. A team made up entirely of paladins, and maybe a healer (like Mist, the healer-paladin,,, after promotion, at least), is a good one. Srsly, what's wrong with using several paladins?

Edited by Reikken

It shouldn't. A team made up entirely of paladins, and maybe a healer (like Mist, the healer-paladin,,, after promotion, at least), is a good one. Srsly, what's wrong with using several paladins?

The desert chapter won't be fun.

I use her more often than not.

Can't really live up to Oscar or Kieran because of STR screwage
Custom weapons+ridiculous amounts of money=she'll do just fine.

Also, she only trails Oscar in STR by about a point, near 20/20.

Edited by YokaiKnight

Hell no. She's outclassed HORRIBLY. She's locked in bows until promotion, which will take a while, she can't move in the desert chapter so she's going to be like level 2 when all of your other characters are level 16-17 when you can use her again. For a horsie, Oscar and Kieran have better growths, can use better weapons and come earlier. For a bow user, Rolf has better growths, and comes earlier. Hell, it's probably easier baby Shinon then her. At least his level is on par with everyone and his growths are double hers.

Astrid really is among the worst 5 units in the game. Paragon is cool and all, but she just comes WAY too late for a level one. I don't understand why Astrid is thought of as a god on a horse on these forums. She really isn't.

Hell no. She's outclassed HORRIBLY. She's locked in bows until promotion, which will take a while, she can't move in the desert chapter so she's going to be like level 2 when all of your other characters are level 16-17 when you can use her again. For a horsie, Oscar and Kieran have better growths, can use better weapons and come earlier. For a bow user, Rolf has better growths, and comes earlier. Hell, it's probably easier baby Shinon then her. At least his level is on par with everyone and his growths are double hers.

Astrid really is among the worst 5 units in the game. Paragon is cool and all, but she just comes WAY too late for a level one. I don't understand why Astrid is thought of as a god on a horse on these forums. She really isn't.

Being outclassed doesn't matter anything at all. If I have one Paladin with 100 points in every stat, and another Paldin with 50 point in every stat, then I'll use the second one as well even though he's outclassed horribly.

Astrid actually makes use of her bows combined with Paragon. She levels faster than anyone. She doesn't even have to kill something in order to gain massive EXP. Also, she needs only half the BEXP, so she can use 500 exp to gain slightly less than twice as much leves than other characters. Combined with the KW, this gives her massive AS immediately and will therefore have actually good offense. Also, she can move behind your lines after attacking immediately, which means she won't die easily.

No, Shinon is harder to use, since he can't move after attacking etc.

And level doesn't matter when talking about stats. Performance does.

I used Astrid a couple of times. Her HP is not as high as other Paladins but she does manage to cap speed.

Overall she is alright. I don't find it that hard to level her up.

On Hard Mode I find it really hard to recruit her...she keeps getting killed by that Myrimdon.

Being outclassed doesn't matter anything at all. If I have one Paladin with 100 points in every stat, and another Paldin with 50 point in every stat, then I'll use the second one as well even though he's outclassed horribly.

Astrid actually makes use of her bows combined with Paragon. She levels faster than anyone. She doesn't even have to kill something in order to gain massive EXP. Also, she needs only half the BEXP, so she can use 500 exp to gain slightly less than twice as much leves than other characters. Combined with the KW, this gives her massive AS immediately and will therefore have actually good offense. Also, she can move behind your lines after attacking immediately, which means she won't die easily.

No, Shinon is harder to use, since he can't move after attacking etc.

And level doesn't matter when talking about stats. Performance does.

So yeah. If you corner a general on a healing block and have Astrid shoot him for about 5 days she'll catch up. The point is she's outclassed, underleveled, and dosen't become awesome after a ton of use. Oscar and Kieran need minimal training and become good.