Super Mario 3D World Is awesome

Jedi

I've been playing it in the Rec Room with a person who has a Wii U. It has restored my love for Mario games after the New Super Mario Bros games. The chaos and fun with 4 people, the new power ups, the old 4 from Mario 2 being the playable set, the newer level design choices that Mario games haven't really done before Carnivals being one of them.

I have just overall had a blast with this game and it has convinced me I need a Wii U for both it and Sonic Lost World while I wait for Smash 4

Yeah it is phenomenal.

Multiplayer is a blast too.

This game's levels are like a sucker punch of awesome. You have a few levels that aren't too interesting, but then you hit a real gem every once in a while (Shadowplay Alley, Mt. Must Dash, the beep block slide, a lot of the Plessie levels, and like all of world star.

I love Mario Galaxy, but I think this game might take its throne in my book. The levels are just as inventive, but the multiplayer is awesome. Played it for like 2 hours last night with my mom and we couldn't stop laughing at her attempts to land on the flag pole.

I'd probably have a blast with family once I got it. It's so fun and such, 3 buddies of mine were annoyed with just how good I was along with me being Peach I'd keep the crown for first for awhile just because lolz

this game is torturing me. i have no wii u, no money for a wii u, and no friends to play with.

I'VE WANTED IT SO BAD EVER SINCE I HEARD ABOUT IT

If only it had online of sorts.. Actually I'm unsure if it does or doesn't but I doubt it.

I just came on Serenes Forest to post about how good this game is, and this thread is the first thing I see. Great game. I love the four character concept and that you can choose. Excellent graphics enhance the experience. Does the game seem quiet to you? I always have to turn my TV up. Also, I turn the volume off of the pad.

I literally checked my local PnP games and Superstore repeatedly on Friday and Saturday to get the game, but they didn't get the game delivered to them. It was only until late on Saturday that PnP games got their copy and I was finally able to get it.

Anyways, I played until the end of World 3 yesterday with my siblings, and it was a lot of fun. I especially like the soundtrack and the carnival themed levels (and let's not forget Mount Must Dash, my favourite level so far). It's also really nice having the hectic co-op multiplayer of the New Super Mario Bros. games in a 3D Mario game.

And to answer your question Roy, I didn't find the game to be quiet. Maybe the jazz style music makes it seem quiet to you?

On a side note, am I the only one seeing a lot of poop and farting Miiverse pics with people using the cloud stamps to make it look like Mario and co. are farting?

It's significantly better than its predecessor Super Mario 3D Land. It's like they took all of the blandness from it, chucked it out of a window from the top of the Sears Tower (Fuck the lot of you, I refuse to call Big Willie the 'Willis Tower') and replaced it with something pretty fucking sweet. I haven't beaten the game yet, but the amount of love that went into this game is obvious.

The Gusty Garden remix literally made me stop playing and start humming with the song.

...which was a problem because the level was autoscrolling.

Also Hisstocrat jazz was awesome too.

Oh wait, nevermind, the laundry was loud. It turns out my ears are dead, yet. The sound is not quiet, but not loud. I haven't had much time to play, but I just got to World 3 and I'm loving dat snow land. Coincedentally. it snowed in where I live today.

I still need to wait a little because Europe gets the game later as usual. Normally I would be getting impatient, but I just got my Wii U so I'm still too busy playing wind waker and w101 to mind that much.

Its been a while since I've been this hyped for a Mario game though.

Edited by Sasori

Although I don't own a Wii U, I recently played this game with my brother and a couple friends. All I can say is that it beats the living crap out of the NSMB series and Super Mario 3D Land. The graphics, music, gameplay, powerups, level design, and variety are all much better. I like that all the characters have unique abilities, because it feels like we're all playing in a different way. Also, Fire Peach looks awesome (even her hairstyle changes).

[spoiler=Fire Peach]447px-Fire_Princess_Peach_Artwork_(alt)_

Most importantly, the multiplayer has been substantially improved. Bumping into your friends is less of an issue in the 3D environments. A shared "item box" can hold items up to the number of players, so you don't have to fight over powerups anymore. If one player grabs a bunch, the rest go to the item box, where they can then be released by other players with the - Button. The bubble system also returns, and you will bubblize when you fall behind, die, or press the A Button. You can jump out whenever you want now, instead of waiting for a friend to bust you out.

The game now ranks you against your friends for score at the end of each level, and the player who wins will get a crown at the start of the next level. If the player is hurt or stomped on, they will drop the crown onto the ground, and finishing the level with it earns 5000 extra points. The crown technically doesn't do anything, and neither does score, but because you can now "win" against your friends, there is more incentive to play well, defeat enemies, find green stars, and collect coins, because they award points.

As for the length of the game... We beat 3 worlds in 3 hours, although we did skip some levels. According to cubed3's review, the whole game is 15-20 hours. According to Gamesradar's review, it can be beaten as quickly as 8 hours if you want to skip the extras. The general consensus seems to be that this game is shorter than the Galaxy titles, leaning more towards the length of NSMB U.

All in all, those 3 hours were a absolute blast, and if I ever get a Wii U, I'll definitely get this game at some point.

And that... is my impression of Super Mario 3D World.

Yeah this game is definitely in the realm of Galaxy goodness. Easily better than Mario 64, Sunshine and 3D Land. Maybe even better than Galaxy 2. O:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_3494978571&feature=iv&src_vid=y4bXV_5kWPg&v=xHmPJwzix64

Enjoy my favorite song from the game's OST.

Edited by DoofInAHat

I finally have the game and i'm loving it. A little too much even since I breezed through the first 4 worlds. It looks beautiful and the levels are quite addictive.

A minor complaint is that the bosses are kind of lame even by Mario standards. I mean someone making someone like Boom Boom a world boss is more then a little bit of wasted potential. That Histocrat boss was pretty fun though, but so far its been the only one.