Probably a Stupid Question

Curry Rice

If I get the Japanese game now that it's out, does anyone know if I can still get the DLC and spotpass characters? I'm not really in the mood to spend $300 and then not be able to access any of the downloadable stuff.

Other gamers have been able to access and download DLC for other Japanese 3DS titles while outside the Japanese region, but I don't know the specifics of it. Considering this has been true also for the DS and Wii region-downloads as well, one'd be inclined to think yes, you could access the content, so long as you paid for it if necessary (obviously).

Though, that's a shit-ton of money. You should really think about whether that's a worthy thing to invest into--that's a huge chunk of rent or food money for some of us here. Not that that is relevant to you--but it is a bit illustrative of how much money you're dishing around.

What's spotpass function like? If it's like Dragon Quest IX... you can look up that and see what people got out of it :x

Yeah I think I'll see if I can look into it a bit more before I make any decision.

By the way Celice, I wasn't trying to offend anyone by mentioning the price of buying the 3ds and game. I realize it's a large amount of money and I've been saving for a 3ds for nearly a year now. I figured I would look into the option of getting a Japanese one, provided I won't lose out on some of the features of the game.

For the sake of a single video game, I personally wouldn't go around forking out so much money.

It definitely doesn't help knowing that I can't read a single word of Japanese.

However if you can read the text and enjoy the game to its fullest, then by all means, nothing's stopping you. Then you won't have to go buying any other 3DS's and wasting more money on another 3DS, since you can buy all your games in Japanese.

Yeah, if you don't have one period, and you're thinking of getting a Japanese one--I'd only do that if I knew I'd play a ton of Japanese games on it. Otherwise, I'd just wait for the emulation or region bypasses to come out.

yeah... I just feel impatient and really want to try out the game haha

on my DS I'd say about 40% of my games are from Japan and I really can't afford to get 2 3DS's

ugh this region lock is terrible sad.gif