Name your starters across the generations!

FrostyFireMage

91 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Starter of Gen 1?

• Bulbasaur
    • Charmander
    • Squirtle
  2. 2. Favorite Starter of Gen 2?

• Chikorita
    • Cyndaquil
    • Totodile
  3. 3. Favorite Starter of Gen 3?

• Treecko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip
  4. 4. Favorite Starter of Gen 4?

• Turtwig
    • Chimchar
    • Piplup
  5. 5. Favorite Starters of Gen 5 and 6?

• Snivy and Chespin
    • Snivy and Froakie
    • Snivy and Fennekin
    • Tepig and Chespin
    • Tepig and Froakie
    • Tepig and Fennekin
    • Oshawott and Chespin
    • Oshawott and Froakie
    • Oshawott and Fennekin
    • Snivy and undecided on Gen 6
    • Tepig and undecided on Gen 6
    • Oshawott and undecided on Gen 6

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charmander was my first Pokemon ever, so no explanation there.

Cyndaquil was my favorite starter in the game up until Snivy's announcement, and he still is my favorite fire-type starter. In general I like this look compared to the other Johto starters.

Gen 3 was hard, but I ended up liking Torchic the most. Mostly because of Blaziken.

Piplup is my favorite gen 4, due to it seeming to have a pretty good evolution line and some good stats all around. Infernape and Torterra seem to be missing something for me.

Snivy, because of reasons I've said in my top 10 favorite pokemon list.

I can't decide on Gen 6 yet actually. I like them all equally, so this is going to be my hardest choice for a starter in any pokemon game. It will come down to the final evolutions for me. If I HAD to chose, I'd go Chespin though.

Gen 1:pikachu Charmander (if memory serves I actually chose bulbasaur the first time I played)

Gen 2:Totodile (Cyndaquil is so very adorable though...)

Gen 3:Treecko

Gen 4:Piplup

Gen 5:Oshawott

Gen 6:I dunno yet. I might not even get it; I haven't finished a pokemon game since gen 3.

Edited by Pikachu

Gen 1: Charmander

Gen 2: Cyndaquil

Gen 3: Mudkip (though I mostly use Torchic now)

Gen 4: Turtwig (though I mostly use Piplup now)

Gen 5: Snivy (I used Oshawott for Black 2)

Gen 6: Fennekin

1 : Charmander, mostly because I enjoyed Exeggutor and Gyarados or Starmie more than the starters of their types.

2 : As a kid it was Cyndaquil but nowadays I like Totodile more.

3 : They're all pretty great but I'd say Torchic.

4 : Didn't play, but due to the lack of Fire types and the usefulness of Fighting types, definitely Chimchar.

5 : Tepig. Would've been Snivy if he was actually good.

6 : So far, Froakie, but Chespin might be the one if I like his stats better.

Water all the way down B) though my best starter I ever had was a torchic who rolled mad awesome IVs, water will always be my fav. Even when they're as dumb as Oshawott.

1. Squirtle > Bulbasaur > Charmander

2. Chikorita > Totodile > Cyndaquil

3. Torchic > Mudkip > Treecko

4. Piplup > Chimchar > Turtwig

5. Oshawott > Tepig > Snivy

6. Fennekin > Froakie > Chespin

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Bulbasur

Chikorita

Mudkip

Turtwig

Oshowatt

Chespin

Grass all the way around. Except for three where Swampert is to good. And I don't like the starters of gen. five.

Bulbasaur

Chikorita

Mudkip (lack of good water types early on caused me to lean toward this one)

Chimchar

Oshawott (mainly because there were few good water types in BW)

Undecided

Edited by Levant Fortner

My Gen 1 starter (and my first ever Pokemon in the first game I ever owned) was Pikachu. That should really be an option on the poll. I voted Charmander anyway because dragons are cool.

I really hope Chespin's final stage does it justice. I much prefer Dewott to Samurott, and I don't like choosing between what I personally prefer and what's stronger. I actually think some stats should fall while others rise during evolution so that more Pokemon are viable late-game. I love being able to use both Scyther and Scizor without sacrificing playability. But now I'm going off on a huge tangent.

Gen 1: I like Bulbasaur he was my first too

Gen 2: I was very fond of Cyndaquil an also I love the fire coming from his back

Gen 3: Mudkip...I LIEK MUDKIPS before it was cool

Gen 4: Turtwig,it looks like I have a pattern but no,I had a like for turtles at the time,and I used Turtwig most playthroughs

Gen 5: Tepig,Dat Bacon Pokemon

Gen 6: Fennekin...I'm still undecided but I like Fennekin and it's typing,no Fire/Fighting type,also I really like foxes

Gen 1: Charmander because Charizard is my all time favourite starter of Generation 1, 2 and 3.

Gen 2: Totodile because it's so irresistible and Feraligatr is pretty awesome but ewww croconaw

Gen 3: Treecko is the best because I don't really like Torchic and Mudkip.

Gen 4: Chimchar because it was my first Pokemon I ever had and Infernape is my favourite Pokemon of all time. I have one at level 100 named Chim Chim.

Gen 5: Snivy because I love its attitude and Serperior may suck in combat, but it always has a spot on my team.

Gen 6: I'm loving Chespin right now. Fennekin's only okay and Froakie's meh, but Chespin is so cute!

Gen I: Charmander, I have an intense love for Fire types, and the little dragon is just too cute!

Gen II: Cyndaquil, literally my first Pokémon, I love this little guy to bits~ <3

Gen III: This one is really hard, 'cause I love all of the Hoenn starters... but I think I'll go with Treecko~

Gen IV: Chimcar~ with Piplup as a close second~

Gen V: Snivy! This Gen was actually the first time I've ever gone with a non-Fire type starter, but Excalibur made it all worth it~

Gen VI: Fennekin! As soon as I saw the starters, I knew this one was mine. The fact that I adore foxes helps too~

Gen 1: Squirtle was my first starter, so he gains some priority.

Gen 2: Cyndaquil was my all-time favorite of Gen 2. Had a lot of fun with that one.

Gen 3: Treecko captivated me in the very beginning. Granted, I really love Torchic and Mudkip, but Treecko will always be my favorite.

Gen 4: This is hard. Piplup was always good for me because of his Water/Steel final typing, but I really did like Chimchar and Turtwig. Can't really decide.

Gen 5: I started with Tepig in Black, then used Snivy in White, and Oshawott in Black 2. I love all three of them equally because of their different strengths, even though type-wise they brought nothing new to the table.

Gen 6: I'm really loving Fennekin right now, and I hope the rumor of it being Fire/Psychic is true. Chespin and Froakie look really interesting to me, and I can't wait to see what they'll turn out to be.

Bulbasaur HM: Charmander

Cyndaquil HM: Totodile

Treecko HM: Mudkip

Turtwig HM: Chimchar

Snivy HM: Oshawott

Froakie HM: Fennekin

Edited by Konnor97

Grass is my favorite starter type but I usually have a habit of just picking the cutest starter and never regretting it xD

Though Gen 1 starters are all equal in their cuteness for me...

Bulbasaur

Chikorita

Torchic

Piplup

Snivy

And unpredictably, I'm picking Fennekin for Gen 6 e u e;

Gen 1: Charmander

Gen 2: Cyndaquil

Gen 3: Mudkip

Gen 4: Piplup

Gen 5: Oshawott

Gen 6: Fennekin

The Grass types don't really appeal to me, except Snivy. I only picked Oshawott because it looked like a mutated Piplup.