Fire Emblem: Generic War (Ragefest 3)

Klokinator

Hey guys, this is my Ragefest 3 submission. Generic War started out as my

. Yeti had released FEXP 1.0.1 and I was eager to try it out and see how much faster it ran, try the new auto-moverange, things of that sort. I started working on Generic War right in the middle of Ragefest 2, and was extremely disappointed in the turnout for Ragefest 2 as well. I mean really, 3 submissions? That's just sad. Therefore, when RF3 came around and Markyjoe seemed to have the same lack of interest in it, I decided to "convert" my game, which was intended to be a fully balanced gameplay chapter, into a ragefest submission. The problem is, there's 50 text-based events alone, and these dragged the speed down too much to allow for many other additions.

Well, I decided to focus less on difficulty, and more on humor. This kinda bit me in the ass, because if you've seen the Ragefest video you'll know Markyjoe leveled criticism against it for being "too easy". Well, the chapter is quite hard if you charge forwards, and really quite easy if you go slow. The idea I had when I made it was to make a chapter that is beatable with amazing strategy in a few turns (Like for speedrunning purposes) or levels various challenges at you as you play, but Markyjoe played so slowly that he pretty much ruined the difficulty and made it boring for himself as well. It's unfortunate, but hopefully other people will still be able to play it and enjoy it anyway, despite the flaws it has.

Now, I'm going to Job Corps for a year and I will not have my laptop with me, so I won't be participating in the next few ragefests. It's unfortunate but a necessary part of my life and moving forwards. However, if you'd like, I could really use more forum members for my next ragefest, either a sequel or a prequel to this submission's story, and to that end I'll help explain what I need at the bottom of this post. But right now, you want something interesting to look at, right? You want to see the screenshots and the gameplay videos and other things that are fun to watch and aren't me blabbering!

I can do that.

[spoiler=Screenshots of various things]

If the images don't show up for you, apologies in advance. Gyazo is shit but it's all my slow net can handle >.>'

f340da127dc8ae885f0a02701143ba5c.png

e13e68c78ec5435acddb4527064dc68c.png

4c8c73f11541a66cd0c677f91e4a23b6.png

Even Canas couldn't beat this broad at level 7.

6d2274dbd6b897439d57cfb3ff485ff5.png

His stats are basically Nergal.

d6d3bea315fb6abf6d96c5b45d20ea35.png

200fa0c3754b9e59ad6ae66834884215.png

b3f6cb16d39fef693e17fb822cfb2cfd.png

0e1ebdb73f09c0e6e250e9632fcba81b.png

82d16cafc390afc6b658df6823053c19.png

Wanna know the story of the ragefest?

It's based on real events!!! :DDDDDDD I really am a terrible person.

[spoiler=Story stuff]

The vile and disgusting Klokinator stole the FEXP medallion, and Markyjoe is a courageous adventurer who self righteously wants to take it back and return it to the Yeti guardian. The stealing of the FEXP medallion is not witnessed in this story (That's a tale to tell for my next ragefest as a prequel) but we still get to laugh as Klok and Markyjoe trade verbal blows in a battle of brains against brawn! (And let me assure you, with a head as big as Markyjoe's, he has more brains than Klok would ever hope to have)

There are a lot of story bits here and there, but overall the story isn't very cohesive. The problem is that this was originally intended to be a generic gameplay chapter, no story, period. Because it was not intended to originally have a story, I had to basically fill in the gaps with talk events based on a turn-by-turn structure and using area events, not what I'd liked to have done if I had more time. For my next submission, I plan to tell the original tale of the FEXP theft, through the Glasses of Irony and the Lens of Terrible Person, where we get to see the actual protagonists of those events taking part in the story, albeit in a more humorous setting and more laid back. That being said, the story in this submission is a bit lackluster and I hope to remedy that in the future.

[spoiler=Feature List]

-Wholly rebalanced classes. Even ignoring the fact that Yeti rebalanced classes for his own game, mine will use a completely/almost completely different class/skill structure, along with some modifications of how certain classes work.

-Lots of new animations you've never seen before for skills, like the Flare, Dark Pact, Nova, and Pierce animations.

-Open-ended map design where you choose which path you want to take. Bottom, top, or both? It's up to you! Hell, fly through the middle if you're bold!

-Map changes everytime you play! All stats on Player and Enemy sides change, ensuring the map is always fresh and plays differently everytime you press that New Game button!

-Easy and hard mode now implemented! Markymode is what Markyjoe was originally supposed to play (he messed up lol) and Sephmode is what Seph1212 will be playing when he LP's this submission in a few days!

-Each mode has a completely different ending from the other, and both are canon in this loliverse!

-Full custom music completely different from the music you're used to! Much of it is custom made just for FEPS and all is quite fitting!

-Custom faces?!

-Custom weapons and icons?!

-Custom maps?!

WHY AM I MENTIONING WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE COMMONPLACE IN FE FANGAMES NOWADAYS

Now, let me tell you what I'd like to get for the next Ragefest and/or whatever contest may happen to take its place, as there have been hints of such a thing (:3). For my next ragefest, I want to take this story and this universe I've made, go back to the beginning, and retell the story the way it deserves to be told. I want more forum members, more lulz, more content, more gameplay, and I even have a couple brand new ideas to use for the next submission too that will keep the gameplay fresh and unique. But most importantly is the story, and let me discuss that now.

First off, I would like the following members to be in my next ragefest as major and minor characters, respectively.

-All members that are in this submission

-Arch

-Yeti

-Myke

-ShadowOfChaos

-Blazer

-Ryrumeli

-Kitty of Time/Dancer A

-Darkblade (Guy who stole FEXP originally)

-Terra/Kishoa (Pedophile from my forum, will get lots of creepy pedo dialogue)

-Pwnage Kirby

-Blademaster (I even have a mug prepared for you!)

-All other members of my team

-Cedar Nyx

-Hithere1

-Ephraim225

-Any other ragefest contestants of note

-Anyone else who wants to be in it and makes a mug for themselves.

Now, what I need from anyone on this list who wants to be in the next submission is quite simple.

-A mug with eye/mouth frames unless not needed. (For example if your mug is a guy with cloth over his mouth, you don't need mouth frames) I would also like these mugs to either be of decent quality, hopefully clean splices at the least. HOWEVER! If you submit an absolutely shitty mug to me, you get the special bonus of being on a team ingame called the SSS! (Shity Splice Sorority!) So you could also submit a horrifying mug and be guaranteed lulz dialogue.

-Permission to include you ingame along with permission to use said mug of you. If I don't get permission before I start work on the game, you're probably not gonna be in it.

-And preferably the mug should be in FEXP format, but if it isn't then no worries, I can format it for you. However, eye/mouth frames are required.

-A brief personality description. Is your character a serious one or a funny one? Does he have likes and dislikes? (Peanuts, cocoa butter, silly shit like that which I might be able to use in dialogue) However I may choose not to use the personality description to the fullest or at all if I deem it unfitting, that's my call. I still intend to use it to the best of my ability. Also, you can name a class preference but don't expect to be that class ingame, as I won't add it if it's not balanced to my tastes.

Edit: Do not submit halfbodies, just wanted to mention that. We use standard sized GBA FE mugs ingame. If you do submit a halfbody, I'll just cut it down to regular size anyway lol.

Edit2:

I would also like it if you reasonably make your mug stand out. As I mentioned in this post, I like writing dialogue for characters that are unique and can be funny, but bland boring characters are for other games. If your character is boring looking, expect boring dialogue as well! The less generic your mug, ignoring quality, the less generic your dialogue will be! There is no hackbox limit or color limit, so go fucking CRAZY! I only ask that they be reasonably close to GBA FE mug height, though a little bigger as in the case of this guy is alright.

If you don't know how to format a mug to FEXP format, this tutorial should help you out! And for eye/mouth frames, just do a lil' googling mmkay? Mmkay.

Thanks, and enjoy my submission!

FIRE EMBLEM: GENERIC WAR DOWNLOAD LINK

Controls:

X = Select

Z = Cancel

S = Unit Info

A = Next Unit

Spacebar = Moverange hold

You can also change the input ingame on the main menu, and finetune it by pressing F1 at any point while the game is running.

Edit: WHOOPS FORGOT THE CREDITS LOL

[spoiler=Credits for all involved in the making of this]

Klokinator - All story dialogue and gameplay ingame.

Yoshi/Yoshirider - Made the vast majority of mugs ingame or at least edited them.

Primefusion - Made the gorgeous map used ingame.

Markyjoe - LP'd the game originally to give it its popularity and also contributed his own mug.

Seph1212 - Allowed his mug to be used ingame and is going to give the game additional popularity by LPing it on his channel.

Mercenary Lord - Made the Mercenary Kamaitachi animation and contributed many weapon icons ingame.

Darkblade - Helped out with some scripting and also made some item icons as well as some other small things.

Mewiyev - Contributed nothing specifically to this release but did contribute a lot of CG art to the official FEPS game.

-Music credits-

Marcos Moscat wrote multiple custom songs for FEPS, most notably including the Timeless Adventure theme (Played on Markyjoe's first dialogue) and also the healing song.

Soulblud wrote the chapter into sound custom for FEPS only.

Shadow6Nothing9 contributed the most music overall to FEPS, mainly player themes and dialogue music.

UltimateTricksta contributed all/most of the battle music. (The serious stuff, not the trolly shit lol)

Mark Petrie for his song "Neutralize the Threat", heard during the enemy phase, along with one other song...

Various other Newgrounds artists for allowing me to use their songs in any form.

Various youtube artists.

And anyone else I may have forgotten.

Edited by Adolf Klokler

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm ... recognisable, I guess? So I guess I shall volunteer to be a meatsack/redshirt/miniboss/whatever.

24zkx38.jpg

I'm assuming submitted mugs don't need to be halfbodies (or however far down FEXP mugs can go), right? Anyway, permission granted from Lumi for it to be used here.

Preferred Class: Not a mage. That's all I ask. ... I'd kinda like a high luck stat, as well, but that's entirely optional.

Personality: Irritable, inclined to violence on a hair-trigger. No sense of anger management. That said, rather flirtatious, to greater or lesser success. If you have anything to poke fun at about my personality in general (god knows there's enough to go around), feel free to throw that in as well.

... And yes, you obviously have permission.

Yeah Seph, I was just gonna reuse your mug unless you removed permission. I will continue to use any mugs submitted until someone retracts permission or I get bored of using them xD

Also, thanks Furetchen! I was considering asking team DoF if they wanted to submit their mugs as well but forgot to do so, and it's easy because most/all of you guys already have personal mugs anyway C:

Just keep in mind, I won't start work on the next chapter in this series for another year. By then, perhaps FEXP will have gotten a few more updates making my job even easier? That'd be great!

Edit: And Furetchen, you'll probably be a warrior/axeman class based on your class in DoF, no worries.

Edited by Klokinator

I think the sides are more along the lines of who helped get their hands on FEXP totally not me or anything, and those who raged ad got angry when Klok and Co. did.

and since you already have my mug, no problem, right? Right.

Edited by Mercenary Lord

The "main story" is about the theft of FEXP, but there will be multiple side stories if I can at all help it, with the whole submission only aspiring to be as funny as possible, and funny even to those who don't know the members themselves. (Even if you don't know a thing about Furetchen, his dialogue would still be funny enough to where you'd get the joke and not rely on inside jokes)

Edit: Oh, and SoC, if you give me frames for both mugs, I can totally make you a secret superhero or something who swaps costumes during dialogue. I'll think of something :D

Edited by Klokinator

Edit: And Furetchen, you'll probably be a warrior/axeman class based on your class in DoF, no worries.

yussssss

but yeah, the mug I linked is a better representation of how I actually look. If I was, like, twenty-six. And tall, and ripped, with better hair in a more umber colour.

It's more that DoFuretchen looks nothing at all like me, really.

I still have to add... a looottttttt of animations into FEXP, but I do have a pretty good female Myrmidon animation if that's all right. FEXP doesn't have all the animations yet and those are my highest priority when I get out of job corps. I finally started learning them, with the addition of Mercenary Kamaitachi in this release, so when I get back I should be able to figure out the remaining parts and start compiling them.

@Lumi, thanks a bunch :D

@Kitty, if you don't wanna be in it that's fine, but if you do I'll definitely need a mug and frames somewhere in the next year. As for being a tool of racism, fine by me :D

Also, I added a credits list because I derped and forgot to do that already.

I have some ideas about the next chapter's story, they're spoilerized for those who don't want anything to be ruined.

[spoiler=Fire Emblem: The Medallion of Hope spoilers]

I don't want to spoil the story itself, as once a year has passed I may have rewritten it anyway, but I will spoil some features of the game.

Markyjoe's character is perceived as a monster by small children in this chapter, due to his hideously oversized head. He is often mistaken as a swamp monster by the local townspeople due to his hideous looks, and as such all generic villagers flee at the sight of him. Some people think the hair on his head as the body of a dead child, leading to much lulz as they attempt to get their beloved child back from his head to give it a proper burial. To top it off, nearly every character will mention his hideous disproportioned body at some point causing him much grief.

ShadowOfChaos, if I use those two mugs, is basically a regular guy named Shadow that transforms into his alter superhero identity, Chaos, whenever he senses danger. He speaks english when in Chaos form, but speaks a weird japanese garble when in Shadow form. When in Shadow form, his girlfriend, Ninian, translates everything he says into english. But! There's a catch. I'll be using google translate to do the translation, so I'll just fuck with anyone that actually reads japanese by making the spoken Japanese sentence have absolutely nothing to do with what Ninian says. For example.

Shadow: "Senaka gozen-chū ni chitsu no kanshoku ga yoidesu."

Ninian: "He said we need to charge the forward base."

If you read japanese or use a translator, you'll understand what I mean.

Next we have Yeti. Yeti's class will be the Troll from FE8, but recolored White, like a err, Yeti. :| He sleeps a lot and his battle theme will be ridiculously awesome. Much of his dialogue is bored at being awakened, until he finds the sumbitch who stole his FEXP medallion, then he flies into a ra- no just kidding, he sleeps some more and lets everyone else do the raging.

Seph's dialogue and personality will be the same as in Generic War, so if you play that you'll understand what his dialogue is like.

Terra/Kisaworagidhgsdjhgjwhathefuckever is a pedophile ingame who is constantly mistaken for a man, despite looking like a girl, despite being a man. Yes you that read right. You that read right too. Terra's dialogue is entirely pedophilic and creepy and amusing at the same time, I have mockups made for it x]

Blademaster is my favorite unit entirely. I'm not even kidding, I will kill myself laughing as I write dialogue for him. Firstly, this is his mug. Got it? Good. He is the leader of the SSS (Shitty Splice Sorority) and is famed to be the most handsome man alive. Unfortunately, thanks to his hideous looking mouth and his deformed moustache, all of his text is completely garbled but somehow every other character ingame understands him perfectly, also throwing compliments at his sexy body. He also happens to be the strongest member of the SSS so that's another point for him too. Despite all of this, the only person who has the sense to criticize him is Markyjoe, who is met with boos and choruses of "hypocrite!". Also since Seph is Canadian and has no standards he totally falls in love with Blademaster at first sight ignore that maybe.

I have many other character ideas, but those are the most prominent and my favorite so far.

One thing to note, my next chapter will have two versions. Version 1 will be where you play on the side of Darkblade as he steals the medallion, and the other will be where you play on the side of the defenders of the FEXP medallion. I'm working out how to balance gameplay but I'll have to put it off until I'm back from job corps.

Hope this intrigues people :)

Edited by Adolf Klokler

Sounds quite interesting, here are my sprites:

23stb2u.jpg

Personality: Calm minded, honorable, kind hearted, helpful.

he's pretty much: A traveling sword master wanting to further improve his skill, while doing so he also works as a mercenary, often challenges other sword users to a man-to-man or man-to-woman duel.

Edited by saifors

Laughing.

Part of me is laughing at the concept.

Part of me is laughing at the sentence you just used there.

Just WOOOOOOOOOOOW. lolololololol.gif

That Japanese dialogue is even "worse" than some of the things I've read in VNs. And no, I'm not talking about grammar wise. I'm just talking about what you made me say there.

*claps* clap2.gif

Edited by shadowofchaos

Sounds quite interesting, here are my sprites:

23stb2u.jpg

Personality: Calm minded, honorable, kind hearted, helpful.

he's pretty much: A traveling sword master wanting to further improve his skill, while doing so he also works as a mercenary, often challenges other sword users to a man-to-man or man-to-woman duel.

I doubt you'll be a swordmaster, as Seph called dibs on SM first and Lumi wants to be a myrmidon, but you might be a mercenary.

ALSO, EVERYONE WELCOME THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE SSS!

Edit! I just figured out what your character will be! Spoilered for those who don't want it to be ruined.

[spoiler=Saifors bio]

Saifor is a hippy hipster from a nearby forum who was like, totally chilling out bro, when some other bro's broke into the headquarters of the SSS where he works (He's an accountant) and started like, busting up his karma dude. Anyway, like he totally decides to fight because they spilled some of his pot on the ground and his karma is ruined for the rest of the day, yo. So like, he's gonna cut them up and shit.

Yeah like, bro.

The mustache looks so wrong on that Eliwood splice. That caterpillar looks upside down

I've been meaning to ask if someone could hitlerize that mug a bit more, because if you recall Hitler had a tiny little half-stache and I'd like at least the stache to be shrunk and a bit more of the Eliwood taken out of the face. That'd make me super happy :D

Also, fun fact! Brom made that mug for an SoS splicing comp! Isn't that right, Seph?

Laughing.

Part of me is laughing at the concept.

Part of me is laughing at the sentence you just used there.

Just WOOOOOOOOOOOW. lolololololol.gif

That Japanese dialogue is even "worse" than some of the things I've read in VNs. And no, I'm not talking about grammar wise. I'm just talking about what you made me say there.

*claps* clap2.gif

I like to keep shit classy. To be honest, I just remember vagina was in that sentence and I don't remember the rest.

Edited by Klokinator

I like to keep shit classy. To be honest, I just remember vagina was in that sentence and I don't remember the rest.

Thank you for making me sound like some sex crazed beast.

XD

Yay another member of the SSS! Kidding!

Your character looks like a hero/vanguard type (Jesus does EVERYONE make personal mugs based on sword users? >.>) but I may make you some sort of mounted unit like a cavalier or something.

That bio you made, made me lol XD from the wrong spelling from my name, to the hippie thing (even though he wears no sunglasses or a medal with the peace sign on it)

EDIT: Also i think I understand why you made him part of the SSS seeing as that chin's really bad at the end and the mouth frames show my non-existent mouth spriting skills :P

Edited by saifors