Fire Emblem: Generic War (Ragefest 3)

Klokinator

josef.png

hey look one of them bowmen

I'd like to know what you guys think of the portrait, since it is my second full-custom using some form of FE style.

I think the hair is too chunky compared to FE portraits, since I'm used to doing Pokemon sprites, and that I'm generally terrible at bodies, namely things that aren't pauldrons, robes/capes etc. and collars.

Maybe I'll revive my shitty sprite topic from years ago and post stuff I make occasionally, if I remember to.

Anyways, can't wait for this, it sounds like it'll be a fun time!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, that's not too shabby. For your second FC, pretty damn good actually. His jaw looks a little squared by most FE standards, and that makes his face look a little too wide, but if you fix his jaw (make it more so that it rounds up toward the ear, I guess? If you take a look at some Vanilla FE sprites you'll see what I mean :P) I'm thinking it'll be looking pretty good (specially for the second time!) The body's kinda funky, but practice makes perfect, ya know?

As for the hair, I kinda like the chunkier style, and a lot of people seem to sprite like that when FCing, so I wouldn't sweat it :3

I'd like to see a topic from you, if you so wish to create one :D

Also, I didn't like, examine the sprite under a magnifying glass or anything so if there's shading errors or w/e, I'll leave that to the more advanced spriters :P

Alright, thanks for the bit of critique there! I fixed the neck, but I'm going to await some more opinions and critiques before I reupload it and get it all finalized.

Anytime, eager to see it :3 I just noticed the shading on his forehead looks kinda awkward too; it looks like his forehead has a point in the middle, then slopes to either side. If you take a look at some Vanilla ones, again, you can probably sort it out :)

I think the inside/left side of the clothes could use more shading, as could the bit of hair above the right eye (OPV) unless it's, like, suuuper fluffy. Also, I'd use a darkerest green or something for the armpits instead of outline color.

Also, the button things on his clothes are very square and don't make a ton of sense. Speaking of square, his shoulders are very broad and maybe unnaturally high-pointing.

Finally, the closed eyes are really dark and thick.

Aeoooo updaaate

pictures

No, you're not knight class. I'm just showing off how getting that mug in The Medallion of Hope is doable x]

Make him a special HOERS CLASS

that'd be amazing

WOOT Job Corps is not blocking SF! I'll be getting my laptop too in a couple months and then I'll probably start work, albeit slowly, on this game :D

I'm a bit busy catching up on shit right now, updates later when possible.

And on a final note, I'll be starting up a blog where I detail my adventures here at job corps, maybe in a month or so.

WOOP.

ah shit now I can't take years to record Generic War

Wait you were planning to take forever? Now we know who the REAL terrible person is :V jk ilu

It appears blogspot is blocked so maybe that blog will have to hold off. Idk but using the site hide.us.tc works wonders at this job corps, it evades blocks AND lets you sign in. That's amazing :D I'm still planning out the Medallion of Hope in my notebook though, I'll probably redo the topic here on SF in a week or two.

Edit: Okay, some story details!

There will be another faction added ingame, the CCC!

The CCC is a sort of nemesis to the SSS. CCC means Crappily Customed Coalition, while SSS means Shitty/Shittily Spliced Sorority. If your mug is a terrible splice, it's part of the SSS. If it's a bad customed mug or just looks funky, it's part of the CCC.

Each of these two teams vie for power and try to take over the world as revenge for the way the citizens treat them, as horribly7 deformed monsters. But NO LONGER! Now they will take back their world and defeat their blood enemies!

Edited by Adolf Klokler

Wait you were planning to take forever? Now we know who the REAL terrible person is :V jk ilu

I was planning on taking a few months since I'm not in the FE mood atm and because you'd be gone for a year so I'd have noooo pressurrrrre! :D kj ilu2

Ok so like

Just how shitty are you looking for here

Are we talking like "just throw a bunch of noobs at it", or are we talking like "putting in deliberate effort to be bad"?

Ok so like

Just how shitty are you looking for here

Are we talking like "just throw a bunch of noobs at it", or are we talking like "putting in deliberate effort to be bad"?

If you mean mugs, more effort is great but if someone submits a shitty mug they get the SSS or CCC treatment. If you mean the game, I'm putting serious effort into it.

Markyjoe will have a special character. I'm also thinking of making a nameable boring protagonist who is the center of the story, and through his eyes we hear the tale of the Trolls or the Antitrolls, depending on which side you play.

Some things I'm debating now include:

Single chapter maps, like trial campaigns that tell their own independant story, OR a connected full game. The issue is that FEXP isn't great with crap longer than a single chapter so I probably will be forced to make single chapter campaigns. On the plus side, it'll allow me to balance each chapter individually and then I can break "canon" on occasion.

For example, Shadowofchaos is neither a troll nor an antitroll, so he could be a playable character on either route. Yeti and Arch are clearly antitrolls in the game, while Yoshirider and I are trolls. (This isn't a reference to "troll" in the normal sense, but in the sense of which side you play on ingame.) Therefore Yoshi and I are enemies on the Antitroll route, while Yeti and Arch would be enemies on the Troll route.

In addition, by splitting everything up into single chapter epic sized 1 hour maps, people will be able to pick and play which chapter they want, and skip the dull ones. (Assuming there even ARE any lol) It also keeps filesize... somewhat low. Ehh maybe. I'll probably make an audio folder that's seperate to reduce filesize even more.

Also, someone on this forum saw my Generic War LP by Marc and has extended an offer to me as a scripting helper. If anyone else wants to help with scripting, I have a small backlog of systems I'd like to implement, and hopefully add to the official FEXP in one way or another. Any help in that area is appreciated :)

I meant the mugs. And I see, you're taking what you can get, but still sorting for quality, cool.

Basically, there are some people who can't sprite for shit that might still wanna be ingame, and the SSS/CCC is their way of being in and not being a cringey character, as I take special care to make every character different from another. If everyone submitted nice sexy mugs, I'd just remove them from the canon, no harm done. If I keep getting more though, there's plenty of room for the SSS and CCC to become big factions ingame.

Edited by Adolf Klokler

Since when is FEXP not good for numerous chapters? Last I checked, it's worse for large maps because large maps are more tedious to test (and often to play regardless) and have a boatload of events sitting there waiting to do stuff (unit events if you're not relying on reinforcements, and those will slow down the game more than they would on a hack) and stuff.

Filesize... How does it make it lower, by the way?

You could instead have separate stories selectable from the menu that each follow a path.

(I'm not necessarily arguing against less chapters, but I don't really see what would make them better)

Unlike a rom, FEXP is still a WiP, and because I'll probably dick with some systems later on (Like adding a new weapon type in chapter 3) it would potentially screw up chapters 1 and 2. In addition, because FEXP will not register changes made unless you load a new game, you can't make a savestate and keep reloading that state after making some edits like you can in a rom. If there was some way to disable this it'd be a lot easier to make a multiple chapter game and remove a lot of guesswork, but since I don't know how, I'll be aiming for single chapters at as time, most likely.

Edited by Adolf Klokler

i had a half-finished save implementation saved on my computer from when i was actually interested in fexp development but i dunno where it is now

either way i need to take ruby out for a real spin later (now that i get python a bit better) to see how it holds up