S Rank FE5 Tier List

Don Draper

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this...perhaps look at this in the whole game perspective and take a closer look at the lower mid characters I think you should compare her to, I can't say I'd satisfied with Misha and Glade being higher than Machua is. Glade literally contributes only a leadership star in the chapters to save turns. E swords is pretty awful, and his bases and growths are mediocre. There are literally no more chapters that aren't being warpskipped that one could take advantage of his mount (except 17A which could be replicated by anyone with over 6 bld).

Same with Misha, except her her problem is the inverse, she has good weapon ranks, but bad bases. Indoors, it's HP 28, Str 7, 13 Mag, 10 Skl, 15Spd, 6 Luck, and 4 Def 6con.

You are definitely underrating 3PCC since it literally means that she has 100% critical with killers and king swords, 90% on rapiers, and 75% with Thunder sword. Allowing her to take on any enemy with a good chance to kill. Even with a silver she has 60% critical. Furthermore Ambush may be mediocre, but it can be combined with brave weapons/effective weapons for kills before she gets attack and there is a 20% of critical-ling the enemy before they even attack you (25% from range).

Machua beats this on the physical side, at level 7 statistically. Offensively, if Machua is being used, she should have B swords by now even if you haven't promoted her by now. At level 20 unpromoted Machua has 35HP 9str 3res 20skl 20spd 12luck 8.5def 8 con (This assumes no scroll abuse which is very unlikely). 60 base critical is >>> 20 base critical. The only notable sword she misses out on is sleep...

The main draw that Misha has is of course her 10 mag lead, but she loses out on 7 HP and 16 Avoid and she has no supports either unless you trained Karin...

It's not a clear win for Machua as I thought, since that 13 means she can take about the same number of hits from dark mages, but keep in mind Machua was forced during Manster (remember for every enemy or chest/door she opens she saves you a turn since no one could be deployed in her stead) and you had the option to deploy her for ~14 chapters afterward. Even disregarding the character comparison, consider the fact that even if she's average, she is still an usable filler unit to use in maps before chapter 17. Furthermore, being outclassed is not an argument for not using it except in Pokemon since, for the sake of comparison I think it should be assumed that these characters are being used unless they're so difficult to use they actually hinder progress.

With Fred and Ralph, Machua has a very noticable speed and skl lead and is guaranteed to critical with a killer sword or the king/rapier sword (90%). Missing out on A swords isn't a big deal IMO since king/brave (120 uses)>master. This also applies to Dean even though indoors too since his bases are worse than Fred or Ralphs indoors, but he's in high tier so obviously he's better for a different reason.

As for the rest of the characters in lower mid (Olwen and Selphina), it depends on how much one would value their gimmicks they offer.

Furthermore, TECHNICALLY if you REALLY don't want to give her a promotion item ever, if the player has enough money they can buy knight proofs in chapter 22 (but it's really only if you want to take them to the final few chapters).

Edited by Brighton

• 10 months later...

Not sure if anyone's still keeping up with this list, but I've got a question about Cyas; namely, why is he all the way in the "unrecruited" tier? Seems to me that his situation is like a more extreme version of the Karel/Harken dilemma in FE7: you're giving up a superior unit for no real reason (and in FE7, Karel can arguably shave off a handful of turns depending on the map you get). Still, I happen to like Cyas, and feel he deserves better. The opportunity cost involved in letting go of lolSety is admittedly great, but in that case, throw Cyas into bottom somewhere; his A-rank staves mean he's never entirely useless anyway, and Sety is largely unnecessary.