Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting rather tired of constantly being accused of tunneling. The argument was one page, at a time where nothing else was discussed or brought up.

Yeah I voted for him, so did five other people (three of them flipped town), I simply did it a bit later than them because of the time I got subbed in, and I seem to recall a post (which caused those five people to unvote) that stated that regardless of whether he was town or mafia, regardless of who he revived, it wouldn't be harmful to the town which I disagreed with.

Of the ones that didn't vote, Strawman and Kay claimed a post restriction (with Kay posting an unvote an hour before phase end, so she couldn't last-mintue vote, if what she's claiming about her post restriction is true. . .but why she didn't post another vote while unvoting escapes me).

I didn't want someone besides Excellen and Snike to be lynched, since Kaoz was seeming less suspicious at that point. Figured if I wanted one of them to be lynched, why vote for someone else?

Sadly, Kay, we're the only ones doing any sort of appreciable talking (Shinori's trying, but he needs to get his facts straight. . .maybe when it's not stupidly late for him?). If everyone else would, like, say something of note, I'll be more than happy to bug them.

This is a fun definition of nothing.

But why should the mafia speak up and say anything, when everyone's perfectly happy to mislynch and wait for them to talk? We need to bug them to say something of note. You should know this.

Okay, not much but pounce on me. I stand corrected.

It's called "if you're gonna argue that my non-active, non-targeting ability is a djinn one, then I can very well argue that your targeting claim is a djinn one, too".

Your ability is only proof that you're town if it isn't a Djinn. Mine doesn't make nearly so much of a difference. All I can see is that it would make more sense for me to have not silenced anyone if it was a Djinn ability, and my actual role was more useful. I can claim my Djinn ability and prove that this phase, if you want.

Somehow, you voted neither, despite being around. You could have very well unvoted Snike and voted for Excellen, if you wanted to ensure that one of them would be voted off. Come to think of it, you were around when Marth was being lynched, and not only did you keep your vote on Spike, you defended him.

Now, if you'd like, I can start voting for people who refuse to talk. That would be one way to kick-start discussion, since if it's only me and someone else voting, I'll win.

Whether you feel like proving your djinn ability or not is up to you. . .though if it's something like persuade me while silencing me, ;/.

Somehow, you voted neither, despite being around. You could have very well unvoted Snike and voted for Excellen, if you wanted to ensure that one of them would be voted off. Come to think of it, you were around when Marth was being lynched, and not only did you keep your vote on Spike, you defended him.

Now, if you'd like, I can start voting for people who refuse to talk. That would be one way to kick-start discussion, since if it's only me and someone else voting, I'll win.

Whether you feel like proving your djinn ability or not is up to you. . .though if it's something like persuade me while silencing me, ;/.

I wanted to give them time to claim, so we didn't end up lynching the Cop or something. It backfired, yeah, I shoulda checked that no one was gonna ninja me, yeah, but I'm pretty sure my strategy made sense. Yeah. I coulda just voted for Excellen, and drawn much less attention to myself. I'd been suspicious of Spike all game, it wouldn't have looked nearly as strange.

I didn't intend to defend Marth, I was just questioning Manix about his reasoning.

Yes, I would like it if you would do that.

I can't do that without another lynch target.

And for something completely unrelated, I'll probably post sign-ups for my mafia after this cycle.

Oooh, auto-sign me up

On second thought, I might be way too busy to play, so I'll think about it.

Edited by Luster Purge

##Vote: Proto

Seeing as it's been like six and a half hours since the cycle began, I'll give everyone until I wake up to start voting people for not talking.

...that doesn't even make sense, anyway. I can't use both abilities at once.

You mean like Silencer?

That being said, I think it's a reasonable suggestion to talk about the test target. Since you're the target right now, if we decided to go through with it, who would you suggest?

But I haven't silenced anyone, and I'm not going to unless someone tells me to do so to prove my role. I can't silence anyone for this cycle anyway, so what's your point?

Frankly, you're the next most suspicious person in my opinion (after Clipsey). So, you or BBM, since Clipsey can't lynch herself, and wouldn't agree to that anyway.

HEY, all you people who aren't talking, talk already. What do you think of Clipsey's plan, general opinions of everyone, what caused the extra deaths last cycle, etc. Imp, this includes you. If you haven't read everything yet, say what pages you have read and give some opinions on stuff anyway.

I don't really get the plan, to be honest... What's the mayor test? I originally thought that a mayor's vote just counted twice, but it seems like you're hinting something else.

Also, won't be back for like 6 hours. Ugh school.

he votes the most scummy person, most scummy person votes him, wait till phase ends, see if someone got lynched or not.

At least i think that's it right?

Eclipse is a she. So is Kay. ^_^

Yes Shinori, that sums it up pretty much.

But I haven't silenced anyone, and I'm not going to unless someone tells me to do so to prove my role. I can't silence anyone for this cycle anyway, so what's your point?

My point is the following. Let's assume for a second that you are mafia and that your Silencer-Djinn claim is true. Furthermore let's assume a, for us, favourable number of mafia this time. I believe JB was the only one besides me who mentioned numbers in the recent past and he said four, so let's go with that (unless someone finds it more realistic to assume three?).

The current situation is 5-2, so assuming a mislynch (assuming a random lynch that's a probability of ~83%) and a successful mafia kill (not too unlikely given that the role Doc has been killed), we'd be at 3-2. Now obviously, if you silenced one of the remaining three town, it'd effectively become 2-2 for that cycle, meaning that they can force a NL and then just even the numbers with their next cycle kill, meaning we'd lose.

I hope you can see where I'm coming from here.

Frankly, you're the next most suspicious person in my opinion (after Clipsey). So, you or BBM, since Clipsey can't lynch herself, and wouldn't agree to that anyway.

Reasoning for why you think that BBM and I are the next two in line?

What do you think of Clipsey's plan, general opinions of everyone, what caused the extra deaths last cycle, etc.

I think there's really only one question we have to ask for whether we want to go through with the Mayor test or not: Do we believe that the mafia has another way to either increase or decrease the value of votes? If the answer to that is no, it's not really different from a normal lynch besides there being less people actually voting. If the answer is yes, we might want to be careful.

So yeah, what do you guys think? Do you believe the mafia can still manipulate votes?

I'll actually have to think about that a bit more myself... so that and the other things you were asking for a bit later.

TheTinyImp has yet to post, and. . .gimme a bit. Time check. The quoted post was made at 2:31 PM my time.

Oh, I didn't know that I was already voting for someone. Err, I don't think that it's fair to have the vote hanging over you when I don't even know what's going on in terms of scum activity, so,

##Unvote

I don't have enough information right now to make a vote. I'll have to just stick it out right now and keep getting some more info.

Whoops. Finally found a post where TheTinyImp quoted someone. Apparently, she's in a time zone closer to me than I thought. . .which means. . .

##Unvote

##Vote: TheTinyImp

You'll see this before I get home, so do say something!

So I have school. I just got back now, 4 people died, there's chaos everywhere, Kay had two votes and I have a vote for being inactive because I was at school, and there's a Mayor plan going around that looks a little iffy to me.

I must say, this cycle turned out to be very interesting. Do you guys need me to prove that I was at school all day? I can give you a breakdown of everything I did today, including my schedule and stuff, to clear that vote on me for being inactive. I'm serious, I can do it.

Also, as a note for later, I HAVE A CHORUS CONCERT LATER TODAY, WHICH MEANS I WILL NOT BE POSTING AFTER ABOUT 4:30. Throwing this out there now so I don't get more inactivity votes.

Eclipse, does this make me seem less suspicious now?

ECLIPSE.

I believe you.

I agree with your plan.

And I think I know why you've been doing what you've been doing.

AND I THINK YOU'RE TOWN BECAUSE OF IT.

Oh dear goodness I hope I'm not wrong.

##Unvote

I still think you're scum, but I want Eclipse to prove her role. Ideally she'd be proving it by lynching you I suppose. I dunno what to think anymore.

UGGGH.

I want eclipse to prove as well. So I'll let that be. I also don't want to vote kaoz in case he is lynch proof. But that could also be strawman, dunno. Frankly i think there's a time bomb somewhere around here that is someone who's lynch proof. Which could be annoying.