FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

So it's really literally just plopping the .bin in /luma/ and the gay hack in sd/, launching luma3ds, and....uhhh....

launching the bootntr.cia. You put ntr.bin on your SD root, put the files provided by the author in sd/plugins/titleid and sf/fefatesse (check the mod page for instructions).

it's really easy honestly.

OTOH it's kinda annoying to launch NTR every time you start your 3ds and if there's a plugin involved you may not have online access. In that case, plopping the files from NTR into the extracted CIA and rebuilding it with the patch is probably the better option in the long run.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah sorry after my first experience with homebrew it doesn't even matter how easy something is, I always have to make absolutely 100% sure about what I'm going to do ^^;

Speaking of which, I'm trying to follow the extraction tutorial, I have on my computer PackHack folder containing fef.cia after I ran Decrypt9 and CleanTool, HackingToolkit3DS, and SetupUS. I run HackingToolkit3DS, whether I choose ciae or cia, whether or not I decompress code.bin, no files are generated.

Yeah sorry after my first experience with homebrew it doesn't even matter how easy something is, I always have to make absolutely 100% sure about what I'm going to do ^^;

Speaking of which, I'm trying to follow the extraction tutorial, I have on my computer PackHack folder containing fef.cia after I ran Decrypt9 and CleanTool, HackingToolkit3DS, and SetupUS. I run HackingToolkit3DS, whether I choose ciae or cia, whether or not I decompress code.bin, no files are generated.

No worries! It's a complicated process.

With regards to the extraction, even if the CIA was not decrypted properly you would get a bunch of errors - since you didn't mention any I would assume it is decrypted properly.

Try running HackingToolkit3ds as an administrator outside Program Files, it might be a permissions problem.

Hmm, Pack Hack is actually on my desktop but I just went and ran both as Admin and Admin on JP locale, it says the extraction is successful but no dice with actually creating files, unless they show up elsewhere?

It should create a number of folders in the folder where Hackingtoolkit is located, at least if I remember it properly. Try putting it in a folder in documents, make sure your syntax is valid (i.e. you didn't make a typo or anything), run as an admin and so on. Your antivirus might also be flagging it too, though I really doubt that's the case.

Hmm nope... Just to make sure, was I supposed to do anything with Setup, which didn't seeeem to do anything, or CleanTool? And when I'm running it, do I want to decompress code.bin? I always try both, but just to make sure.

I'm not entirely sure wrt setup either, and I don't think you need cleantool. Just to be sure, run setup as an admin as well.

You'll want to decompress code.bin if you have any changes you want to make to files within code.bin. I don't know much about fates' data structure so i can't answer that I'm afraid.

If you still don't have any luck try posting in the GBATemp thread?

Actually I ended up just using ctrtool and now I have what look like all the files? Including some pure .aac and .json files so I'm pretty sure I did it right so now uhhhh I thought I'd heard of some nightmare modules, I think I even downloaded them on another computer but I can't find them? Since if I remember them right it honestly sounds easiest to just make the handful of support tweaks myself than use the actual Gay Hack. Though so on that note, it seems like it'll take a little more than notepad to change the script files... (I'll leave it at that much for now doop)

(EDIT: never mind found the modules uhhhh will update in a bit I guess)

EDIT2: nevermind the nevermind lol okay I think I'll end up NTR'ing the gay hack I can't find where the support data is but for now then I still don't know how to handle the script files and also the other thing I wanted to do was changing the models and possibly battle sprites associated with certain characters, maybe forcing them in a similar way to Azura using her Songstress model in any class a while back?

(didn't even need ntr for gay hack I thiiink? I just plopped the relevant files where they should go in game data. Haven't gone to recompile yet, want to at least do the text editing)

(okay I went ahead and just for testing I rebuilt the .romfs but it's still un-HANS-able (so I wonder what about screenshots...) and since I couldn't use the tools in the linked tutorial I don't have a separate exefs or header, so....

Edited by 47948201

Hello! I've been asking everywhere about this but not gotten any replies so I hope asking here will finally get me the answers aha..

I know the HANS mods both for UnassumingVenasaur's gay hack and also the undub exist and someone on Reddit combined them, but the gay hack has been massively updated since then and I was wondering if a more recent version exists somewhere, or if there's a guide on how to do it? I asked over on Reddit about updating the undub/gay hack merge but that was a week ago and I've had no reply.

I have the EU special edition so if there's a way to get both of those mods working via HANS at the same time I'd be really grateful if someone could shed some light on this. Thank you!

Hello! I've been asking everywhere about this but not gotten any replies so I hope asking here will finally get me the answers aha..

I know the HANS mods both for UnassumingVenasaur's gay hack and also the undub exist and someone on Reddit combined them, but the gay hack has been massively updated since then and I was wondering if a more recent version exists somewhere, or if there's a guide on how to do it? I asked over on Reddit about updating the undub/gay hack merge but that was a week ago and I've had no reply.

I have the EU special edition so if there's a way to get both of those mods working via HANS at the same time I'd be really grateful if someone could shed some light on this. Thank you!

downgrade and set up a CFW with this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Then use NTR and the updated files on gbatemp's thread for the gay hack. Then just grab the undub hack, combine the files, and either put it in NTR or rebuild the CIA using the guide linked last page.

downgrade and set up a CFW with this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Then use NTR and the updated files on gbatemp's thread for the gay hack. Then just grab the undub hack, combine the files, and either put it in NTR or rebuild the CIA using the guide linked last page.

Thanks, but is there no way to do it without setting up emunand? I use other hacks too that say they specifically won't run on it, so I wanted to avoid it if possible.

Thanks, but is there no way to do it without setting up emunand? I use other hacks too that say they specifically won't run on it, so I wanted to avoid it if possible.

Whatever hacks say that are lying to you, there's no difference between emuNAND and sysNAND, with the specific exception of virtual console stuff and even then it's just an extra step and they work fine.

If you set up A9LH then you can just use updated sysNAND as well, without needing to bother with emuNAND.

Whatever hacks say that are lying to you, there's no difference between emuNAND and sysNAND, with the specific exception of virtual console stuff and even then it's just an extra step and they work fine.

If you set up A9LH then you can just use updated sysNAND as well, without needing to bother with emuNAND.

It was the LeafTools for ACNL, but if those will still work even with it then I'd be willing to give it a go, I just don't want to lose access to messing around with my town on that game.

It was the LeafTools for ACNL, but if those will still work even with it then I'd be willing to give it a go, I just don't want to lose access to messing around with my town on that game.

that relies on a browser exploit only present in FW versions 9.5 and below on the o3DS. You should be able to downgrade the browser once you've set up a CFW.

The author of leaftools doesn't know what he's talking about, emuNAND doesn't make a difference.

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/402cri/how_to_downgrade_3ds_browser_to_more_vulnerable/

Edited by The Iron Rose

(So speaking of differentNANDs and stuff is there any special thing I should do to sign up for miiverse to take screenshots? After the guide of course my normal boot is into the modified sysNAND 11.0)

(just want to make sure I don't accidentally break anything)

Edited by 47948201

(So speaking of differentNANDs and stuff is there any special thing I should do to sign up for miiverse to take screenshots? After the guide of course my normal boot is into the modified sysNAND 11.0)

(just want to make sure I don't accidentally break anything)

Nope, you're in updated sysNAND so you don't need to worry about emuNAND or anything like that. You basically have a normal 3ds with kernal access and sig patches and all that lovely stuff, without the headaches of a custom firmware emuNAND setup.

So does that mean it's even okay to do normal 3ds system updates, or is that too far?

Yep! That's the beauty of A9LH, you can update your system through the normal process forever and you can never lose your hax, since it's loaded before the firmware itself loads.

oh

my

gosh

miiverse is SO SLOW i can't believe people take screenshots this way

with cfw is there any way to play my digital fates with hans, that'd make life easier anyway if i don't need to do anything extra with my .romfs since idk what to do with this file

oh

my

gosh

with cfw is there any way to play my digital fates with hans, that'd make life easier anyway if i don't need to do anything extra with my .romfs since idk what to do with this file

NTR is easier to use than HANS, since you don't need to go into the HBL then into HANS, you can instead just launch NTR. There's a tutorial on the gay hack's webpage.

But yeah you can play digital fates with HANS, just install the hbloader.cia, which launches the homebrew menu. Then load up HANS from there, choose fates, and you're set.

oh

my

gosh

Why use HANS when you can just run NTR CFW, and instead of lugging around a 2GB romfs file with NTR you just toss in the romhack files alone and it works.

Erm, but choosing Fates from HANS from HBL makes it just stop with a black and a red screen?

I was somewhat avoiding NTR because I thought it'd be super complicated but I think I did it right-ish in which case it was surprisingly simple, put the .cia and .bin at SD's root, installed the CIA via FBI, ran it and it said to go back to the home screen though I then went and put the gay plugin/Birthright folders at my SD's root and now whenever I press the power button, the "on" indicator lights up for a second before turning off, I never get to the home screen.

Erm, but choosing Fates from HANS from HBL makes it just stop with a black and a red screen?

I was somewhat avoiding NTR because I thought it'd be super complicated but I think I did it right-ish in which case it was surprisingly simple, put the .cia and .bin at SD's root, installed the CIA via FBI, ran it and it said to go back to the home screen though I then went and put the gay plugin/Birthright folders at my SD's root and now whenever I press the power button, the "on" indicator lights up for a second before turning off, I never get to the home screen.

It's easy to set up, the process is simple;

Download this cia of NTR;

https://github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR

This is an unnoficial build, use ntr.bin from the Official NTR

https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.2

If you're running something like Luma3DS, you need a specific NATIVE_FIRM so that NTR works on the latest FW, you can easily find it in the "Firm" section download.

Once you have the unnoficial CIA with the official ntr.bin and a NATIVE_FIRM of 10.2 or less, NTR should very well work on latest FW.

Erm, "Firm" section? I'm looking on the github pages of NTR and Luma and I'm not finding folders or branches or anything like that?

It's in the installation and upgrade section of the wiki:

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

Here's the firm you need for NTR:

http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/Fbj6n1vB/file.html

Pick the correct one for your device (o3ds vs n3ds) and put it in the luma folder on your SD card.