Rate the Unit, Day 13: Marcia

Marcia is gr8mazing! One of the best units in this game ^^'. She deserves the input because she'll repay. She's a flier so she has advantage to everything but bows ^^'. I won't compare her to Jill i'll only rate Marcia for what she's worth and I give her a 10/10 ^^'. 9.5 + .5 bias because she's so funny ;W;.

Marcia: she flies, she has actually good combat, she'll help out for the entire game. She's a real team player. She probably costs a few turns to recruit, and her start is not all that impressive. But she's most likely the best recipient of BEXP at this point in the game, so she can do her thing faster. She'll probably always be a little frail, but her positive qualities can allow me to mostly overlook that.

9.5/10, for her shaky beginnings. Marcia may be the best recipient of BEXP when you get her, but it's still a ton of BEXP that she wants.

Marcia, that pegasus knight who says silly things. Searching for her brother.

Pros:

:awesome:

Flier.

Good growths.

High speed.

Good supports (yay Tanith)

Availability.

Cons:

Low base level.

Marcia rocks. Plain and simple. She flies, kicks ass and takes names. She can truly murder shit with a javelin. She does have the issue of coming at a low level. Luckily BEXP exists and by this time, you'll probably have quite a bit. So feed her some levels and man, does she get better! She makes excellent use of that Paladin Band, i noticed. That helps give her HP and strength which she likes to have. Marcia can also do with a forge to start out with. A forged javelin makes murder possible when shes on lower levels. When she promotes, all the things die. Shes got such high move, she can spam everything. She supports with the other pegknight you get who has the broken Earth affinity. That support is pretty fast and yeah! Shes around forever after that and why the hell wouldnt you use her? Shes freaking great! Plus her personality is hilarious! "Oh horsemeat..."

9/10. 10/10 bias because i freaking love her!

Edited by Florina

Mercenary Raven, I'm really not interested in delving into Marcia vs. Jill minutia in this topic.

Then why did you (and others) bring it up...? Edited by Mercenary Raven

Then why did you (and others) bring it up...?

I felt obliged to weigh in on the big picture Marcia and Jill comparison. I don't want to talk about specific chapters or strategies.

PROS:

-Flight

-Supports other good units

-Uses Bexp very well

-Joins right when Titania starts to need help

CONS:

-Weak at base LV

-Needs a large amout of resourses

Marcia is fantastic. Give her 1000-1200 Bexp and she never looks back. From the time she joins to the endgame she is one of the top 2 units you can have.

9.75/10 - Marcia should be a key contributer to any playthrough, whether its casual, efficient, or LTC.

9.5/10 - almost perfect, just comes at a level that's too low to be useful right away and requires a bit of extra work and bonus EXP and/or a Steel Lance forge to get going.

• 3 weeks later...

" Better be a 10/10! or else :p "

Generally curious. Why does Marcia have such a huge fanbase? I mean, she's not horrible, she's not even bad. I've used her, she's decent (true, I very rarely play Normal, but that's because I've only really done 2 real playthroughs) but why is she get so much love?

She starts out at a crappy level with crappy stats, iIrc. [i'm not insulting Marcia. I'm just saying a level 5 unit joining your team when you have 2 others to worry about... :/]

because you get a shitton of BEXP even in Hard Mode and pouring a lot of it into Marcia gives you a flying ORKOing maniac with 9 move and canto

sounds like a pretty amazing investment

It's because she's the first flier of the game, and most FE fans love the first flier regardless of their flaws. Marcia also has good strength and decent defenses compared to other series' initial fliers, and she's considered a funny and attractive female by many, thus many people love her and consider her one of the best units in PoR.

IMO, I think she deserved a higher, or at least closer, score than Titania, since she helps more for the last 2/3rds of the game, including saving more BExp that you could feed her.

nobody uses rolf seriously anyway

everyone just puts a massive bexp dump into marcia and she turns into Killing Monster Machine Marcia ©

it's not "bias" towards first flier, since marcia "fanboys" (i don't think any girls in FE9 are particularly attractive until FE10, and Marcia's never been attractive) like me pretty say she's slightly better cause of like 2 turns (lol seriously, that's how close they are) or, the better alternative, they're exactly the same in terms of quality

Nobody uses Rolf seriously anyway.

I use him in every playthrough of PoR. He turns out good to me.

In RD, I use Shinon. I would've used Shinon in PoR, but... It's the same as using Tormod in RD. Bad idea. >_>