Criminal OC Mafia - Game Thread - N5 ends 14/09/2015

Zkirsche

maybe I should clarify. not so much that I expected him to go DARMAN IS SCUMMY MCSCUM but I wanted a stance, rather than just an early vote and then no actual update on the read despite a bunch of discussion about him and then attacking reasons he could be town.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I still disagree with it because i honestly don't get what you expected him to post an update about but i guess that might just be bias since i thought it seemed obvious that elie hadn't found anything new to talk about regarding darrman. But it's just disagreement at this point.

I am interested in seeing elie's response to SB's vote and BBM's language thing since those seem like interesting points but want to see elie's thoughts on it.

Man, I make a completely unexplained vote and nobody even bothers to talk about it? You all suck.
I didn't actually have a scumread on Darrman and wanted to see if he freaked out or not if I voted him. I guess it's possible that he's scum with Refa since I told him I was doing this, but eh, I don't really have a problem with how he's been acting now and I doubt he'd be so against his scumbuddy trying to lead so I'd say he's probably town.
##Unvote
##Vote: Elieson
I don't like the way he slings suspicion at Mitsuki without actually commiting to a vote on her. If you think her paranoia is faked, why aren't you doing something about it?

Because I don't think her paranoia is scummy? I think it's unwarranted, and I think it's a sign that Mitsuki isn't able to focus her thoughts on the game.

By the way, I did look at Refa's, just so you know. It basically consisted of "what's up, you enjoying the game, gimme your role." I already explained why in my long rant earlier.

@Elie: So your PM consisted of basically you complaining about being on IRC, rather then something actually important to the game. So I was like "eh, he's grumbling about his IRC issues. No biggie." So I didn't respond.

I figured you'd respond with at least a heh or something. Seeing a timestamp in the read area but no response made me think that you didn't want to communicate with me, and I'm going to have some negative feedback when I pair this with the Refa telling me that he reached out to you and you didn't reply to him, yet read his PM too.

I'm voting you because I didn't like how you were attacking reasons to townread Darman without actually committing to a scumread (beyond that initial vote).

this may be semantic but your language in the last post is weird.You said that you're "slightly less confident" that he's scum. This implies that prior to talking to him briefly on IRC, you were fairly confident he was scum, which is much more of a suspicion than you've indicated prior to that- in the beginning when you voted him you said you had a slight reason to vote Darman. It's also kind of a strong scumread to have so early in the game.

I'm not sure I understand. MY stance was "I think Darrman is the most scummy person out of everybody else right now due to the OC related stuff". It is now "Now that I know who the few people Darrman talked to are, I think that his responses and behavior has been genuinely possible newb!scummy but the associative reads that I was hoping to solidify a read on him actually turn my read backwards". It'd be like if I thought two people were doing something suspicious, then found out that one was Mod-confirmed town. I'd still be wary of the other, but the confidence in what was my initial read is of course, washed down the drain.

Also, I can't have that kind of confidence in a scumread, but when it's the only somewhat logical scumread you have, you go with it to see where it goes. I could've himm'd and haww'd about it, but that wouldn't have brought out any kind of beneficial reaction from any party IMO.

Also also, I threw my vote out on him immediately, hoping to bring something out into the game. OC sucks as it is since people keep too much to themselves and by dragging discussion out here into the main thread, it encourages discussion from everybody, or at least more people. Take it as you will, but I'd still rather do something with my scumread than just talk about it behind Darrman's back and throw a vote on him mid-phase.

maybe I should clarify. not so much that I expected him to go DARMAN IS SCUMMY MCSCUM but I wanted a stance, rather than just an early vote and then no actual update on the read despite a bunch of discussion about him and then attacking reasons he could be town.

See above, also I talked to people prior to posting about my thoughts on Darrman!scum (ask Refa, Blitz, Mitsuki, and I think Izhuark i cna't remember). At this moment, I think no other players are doing scummy things with the exception of Junko, but I'm not confident enough in that read to place a vote on him because I would like to talk to him more and I'd like to talk to others about him.

Fwiw my thoughts on junko start with this

[8:59:10 AM] Junko Edits Posts Guy: I haven't talked to anybody besides you since I;m kind of nervous
[8:59:33 AM] Elieson:
> > I;m kind of nervous
why
[9:00:04 AM] Junko Edits Posts Guy: social anxiety, like I said you seemed like the 2nd most easy to talk to person
[9:00:41 AM] Junko Edits Posts Guy: refa did contact me though asking if I had any info and told me to claim to him

and they don't really develop beyond that since I have little more than consideration at Junko trying to blend in yet still being confused.

Little back-and-forths between Refa and I lead me to thinking that Junko is either genuinely confused and/or not paying attention (which i take as a nulltell) or faking confusion (which he's done as mafia, so I wouldn't put it past him again)

Well I still disagree with it because i honestly don't get what you expected him to post an update about but i guess that might just be bias since i thought it seemed obvious that elie hadn't found anything new to talk about regarding darrman. But it's just disagreement at this point.

I am interested in seeing elie's response to SB's vote and BBM's language thing since those seem like interesting points but want to see elie's thoughts on it.

SB voted with nothing behind it. Probably a town move. IMO scum would try to feign some kind of logic to hop on an early wagon, and I figured he was probably just throwing it on since nothing else was really happening and his vote would at least accomplish mild pressure-building while he took some time to figure something better to do with it. That and I figured SB hadn't done much OC and didn't have much else in thoughts

Whether he's scum or not, him doing something similar to what I did back in the days of SFMM2 is somethign that just shouldn't go ignored. I've got nothing better at the moment, and Darrman's done little to convince me that he's town at this point. The only reason I'm scumreading him less than I was before is because of other people's associations with him, not because of his contribution to the game. I'm keeping my vote here until I have a reason to do something more useful with it

Also this was, and still is my stance

I think it's a sign that Mitsuki isn't able to focus her thoughts on the game.

Thanks for the concern, but I think my thoughts are focused enough. We just disagree.

Thant said, if anybody thinks Elie is scum right now they're crazy. But maybe the cool kind of crazy! Still wrong though.

I will not vote SB for a while because even if I think he's most likely scum I want to be 100% sure that this is the right thing to do.

Also people who haven't claimed to me should do so just in case there's something that I'm missing here.

Well, I have definite proof that something is going on with my role results that shouldn't be happening. As in, I've received a PM from Kirsche that said something that definitely didn't add up to what my role is. I've asked him if that was right, and he said it wasn't a mistake.

Weird, right? Now go and check rule 4.

Usually this would point out that there's a tailor or something similar out there. But given what has happened to me, I'm interpreting it as (at least) pointing to a role that swaps role results among people, or changes role results in a wider way that something like a tailor. I guess it's also possible that I'm being used as a proxy to use other actions, but I think that's unlikely given what the message I received said. Either way, if something similar happened to your role results it'd be nice if you told me, since that would prove my theory. You don't need to tell me what you got instead, of course.

Point is, I wanted to let people know that such a role exists. Specially to Refa and the cop, because I've been talking to SB and he definitely doesn't feel like scum to me, so I'm trying to make sense of the situation. I may just be wrong and biased, but I definitely don't feel comfortable with voting him given what I've pointed out and some other stuff I've told Refa.

What did the cop check say?

Cop said that they scanned people and checked if they were reformed or not, and told me that SB was scum today.

Also people who haven't claimed to me should do so just in case there's something that I'm missing here.

who hasn't claimed to you?

or rather, who hasn't claimed to you that's talked to you, and have they given reason?

##Unvote

I was probably overthinking the Elie thing. His responses are ok and upon a closer look at his posts, I missed that he did say in the middle that he was still a little suspicious of Darman. I'll try to talk to you at some point too Elie.

@Refa- did you tell the cop to target SB?

@Refa- did you tell the cop to target SB?

No, they asked me if they should target SB and I said "yeah, whatever". Mostly I told them who NOT to target for the night.

##Vote: SB

Logic here, I wanted to wait to see if SB tried to actually defend himself in-thread, which he hasn't. Basically I think he's scum who's just assumed that he's getting lynched and he's passively waiting for that or for someone to save his ass.

Yes I'm back to ignoring role stuff.

fuck ##unvote ##vote: SB

oh I think that's L-3 and that's enough votes at this point of the game. I want to use the time left in the phase to scumhunt, since I haven't had any real scumread for the whole game, unless you count SB. Don't hammer him early.