FE 9 Mafia - Game Over

Vhaltz

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to send in my night actions and could have lives till phase end by hiding but whatever. Would've given us a chance against a potential ITP (or in the almost 0% chance Junko was ITP).

Oh right whoops.

The problem comes from the last minute change in plan from the realisation I couldn't push Junko as scum vig. I was more focused on how to push him as Sk than I was thinking about the specifics of the claim.

Edited by Executive kirsche

So postgame stuff.

Graveyard: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/qkX6yJq6FZ6N

Mafia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/8cPjEjdmu6j

OC QTs: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/zhsnXxNHmfcB

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/25SPjFsXa8DHr

This game was originally intended to be played with majority lynch rules, but I fucked up and never noted rules down anywhere in my setup sheet, so I just copy-pasted my rules from Guitar Mafia and ran with that. Cosmic got screwed over kind of because Serenity was initially just a tiebreaker vote (1.5x) and I had to either change that to mayor to make it not ridiculously useless or change the rules mid-game, which would raise a lot of questions. As it stands I probably made his claim a lot less believable just by altering that so that was my fault, he played a really good game.

Quote and Boron played really well in general, Roxas and Izhuark also played pretty well for being newer players and I never really understood why they were offed by town. Izhuark could've probably used being more active in general though, so make sure you have enough time for the game next time :V

On a side note, Roxas equipping Astra would've allowed him to skillcop 5 targets, returning results only on their first skill. It's a shame that a lot of the cool stuff that the thief could do didn't happen in the end.

Gaius fakeclaimed Shade pretty nicely to bait the kill and it actually worked so props for that. There's how you flopped your night action which wasn't that big of a deal all things considered, but iirc I had to remind you to send it in during N2 as well. Make sure to remember to send them in right away next time because not all mods will be lenient about it or send you reminders.

Marth accurately pinned kirsche as the last mafia member on D3 but iirc he misunderstood how his role worked? Did well either way, and deserves the win.

RIP Shinori, I think literally none of his items got to be used. Still generally made the right decisions though so good job.

Prims played well but turned on autopilot after the second maf lynch. Paper had a hunch that kirsche could be the last mafia so Town could've actually had a perfect game had he listened to him more :V

Refa just kind of died N1 and I don't remember anything that happened in D1 except Terrador dropping off the face of the earth. If anybody gets bussed at the beginning of the game and doesn't really want to play anymore, just ask for a replacement so that the slot has a chance of making it out instead of dooming it to death pls =(

i dunnno really mad at myself about this game. I guess my idling thing was ACCEPTABLE. not the best play but meh. What was not acceptable was going back and forth between kirche and kawaai. going to bed and realizing that kawaii being scum would make no sense whatsoever then saying "well i'll send in my action tomorrow i'm tired" then proceeding to forget sending my action in the morning and had to go to school thus can't go on this site and kawaii got vigged.

I'll probably stop playing mafia for a while. Maybe i just did get bad luck since i said i never wanted to roll vig and that made me completely derp lol but i made some decisions that should have been common sense even for new people

I feel really bad about bussing Terra on D1, but it seemed like a full wagon had formed in a flash and I had no clue what to do. My vote-change to Disco was more an assessment of how acceptable it was to get off the wagon at that point, and seeing as it clearly was not going to end well for me I just went with it. Sorry! I empathize 'cause getting lynched for nothing but role stuff on D2 really sucked! That's just the way the cards fell, I guess. I probably should have gone with a less "trusted" target than Quote.

Fun game! Just might sign up for more on this subforum.

wtf is this about throwing in the quicktopic. and a playstyle as an excuse?

ugh, this kind of attitude is exactly why i didn't have fun during this mafia game. people were pretty big dicks to each other. and it was not a fun time. also, the theory that sum will be passive in order to hide is a stupid theory.

Then why the hell didn't you just sub out seriously. I subbed out of a game I was otherwise enjoying because of you and all you're going to do is moan about how we're solely on the wrong?

There's always going to be someone else who's going to want to play the game if you don't. And your attitude of "oh just lynch me and get it over with" is really annoying. I don't remember you doing anything other than playing victim whenever people suspected you without doing anything to get suspicion off you for the longest time. You're better off just subbing out if you're going to play the rest of the game with this kind of attitude.

Because subbing out just means someone else is gonna get read for what the past person did. That and I kept expecting to be lynched with all the times I was called scum.

This defeatist attitude needs to go. You don't get better at something by whining about it.

That and I kept expecting to be lynched with all the times I was called scum.

Anyone with the above logic may as well like, not play then (or otherwise be doomed to just not doing well as a result). Because in basically ANY game (I'd actually be amazed if someone quoted/linked me to a game that stated otherwise), everyone gets noted/called a scum or otherwise noted as having done SOMETHING scummy at some point in the game.

If you're town-side, scum is GOING to try and paint you out to be scummy in some way, shape, or form unless they intend to just N1 NK you or super buddy-buddy with you.

If you're scum, people are going to eventually scum read you via scum hunting, reaction-testing, whatever. Either way, you're gonna drop scum vibes at some point, unless you play EXTREMELY godlike/well.

If you're ITP, you're viable to being scumread from both of the other teams mentioned above (town/scum).

So all in all, it's more a matter of "being able to read when being called scum/being cased as a scum" is truly jeopardizing your safety or whether it's actually going to lead to your lynch. Either way, freaking out about it or otherwise resorting to subbing out of the game as a result really doesn't do much.

((And if you're someone like me, whenever I sub in, I generally state that "I am not responsible for what my prior slot/player has done in said game up until this point, therefore I will be focusing on scum hunting/playing the game based on my own thoughts/tactics alone." Because I'm not going to spend all day defending/justifying endlessly what he/she might've done before I got into the game, and no one can change what's been said or done. If people choose to continue needlessly scum read me and ignoring my content/reads/cases/etc, then it just means that they're taking the easy route out without much merit, which can be a tell on them.))

Isn't it the point to try and not get lynched? Isn't that the goal of this game? To not get lynched and survive?

No. The point is to lynch scum. Obviously, you can't vote if you're dead, but you shouldn't prioritise survival over scumhunting.

Mafia and third parties do care about survival, because that's what their role PM tells them.

With an attitude like that, you shouldn't be surprised people thought you were scum.