Batmafia!!! Game Over

Mitsuki

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how dead this section is, I don't think anyone can afford to be picky about whether new people join or MoTK people join or SF veterans join or whatever.

Considering how dead this section is, I don't think anyone can afford to be picky about whether new people join or MoTK people join or SF veterans join or whatever.

People probably just needed a break or somethin. I can try and recruit people from PS mafia where I used to play if needed.

If people need a break it's totally fine. However, there are people who don't need that break and even when I don't care much about hosting this setup in particular right now it's frustrating not to be able to host the game for them.

Also, if someone there actually wants to play it'd be cool to have them here, but I don't want to force anyone to play just to get the game going. If you get around to talking to them just don't insist much.

Edited by Mitsuki

If people need a break it's totally fine. However, there are people who don't need that break and even when I don't care much about hosting this setup in particular right now it's frustrating not to be able to host the game for them.

Also, if someone there actually wants to play it'd be cool to have them here, but I don't want to force anyone to play just to get the game going. If you get around to talking to them just don't insist much.

You're frustrated? I need only 10 people and I can't get that. For a short and quick game.

Complaining about inviting veterans to play makes no sense, because it is by interacting with them that new players learn how to play better and improve. I'm a mediocre mafia player and I'd rather play with veterans.

Also, if there is little activity in this area, why not invest in small mafia games instead (6-10 players, for example)?

Complaining about inviting veterans to play makes no sense, because it is by interacting with them that new players learn how to play better and improve. I'm a mediocre mafia player and I'd rather play with veterans.

uuhhh... There might be a misunderstanding. I do not complain about inviting veteran from on other site, i just emitted a preference to look for new players with low to little experience in Mafia rather than veteran, I have no problem playing with veteran (all my Mafia games until this one have been composed at least 80% of veteran). If I prefer the former option it's simply because playing with veteran, even if it allow you to learn the ropes more easily, can be intimidating and throw your game easily if you lack of assurance. I don't know if you already experienced that situation but playing a game mainly composed of new players (understand with little to no experience) seem an equally interesting way to discover the ropes of the game at your own pace without being exposed to the pressuring technique that pop out in more experienced games in my humble opinion. I also think that the Mafia community of this forum will be a little less "consanguineous" and more lively if we try to look for new players that will develop their own way of thinking rather than player that already have a lot of experience in another environment and without any attachment to this one.

Once again it's solely my opinion and I understand that someone can disagree with it, I just tough it was important to mention this matter. Sorry for going off topic, if anyone want to continue this discussion i think that the general discussion topic is the good place for it ; once again, i do find that it's important to discuss because of my last argument.

Edited by Izhuark

Time to stop this ridiculous fight before it happens.

When the community is basically dead, like it is now, you don't have the luxury to be picky about what kind of players you'd prefer when the goal is to just get people playing who are invested. We're also lucky when new players join and decide to stay, so it's not like when we're active we can produce a lot of new players anyway. That said, I can also see why playing with mostly veterans is intimidating.

. . .and I'm still in no shape to play a mafia game, because real life is being a pain in the ass.

I think a recruitment drive might be in order, just to change things up a bit!

I've never heard anything about Dino Comix until now. Thank you, oh glorious Mafia community for enlightenme once more with your wisdom and... gracious.... ahh, whatever... thanks for the warm welcome guys! :3 (even though you will probably murder me in a few days :P)

Edited by Great Lord Diego