Trinity Mafia - Game Over

SB.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I've checked in again and I find it weird how Mancer and.... Omega? I'm just gonna call you that. I find it weird how quickly those two jumped onto my bandwagon, even if it wasn't quick.

You get the idea.

If I go by the good old logic of there always being mafia in the third spot of a bandwagon, then ##Vote: MancerNecro

Have you people ever heard of that logic? I still don't really know how things work around here.

If I go by the good old logic of there always being mafia in the third spot of a bandwagon, then ##Vote: MancerNecro

Have you people ever heard of that logic? I still don't really know how things work around here.

Wasn't it 2-4th or something?

i think I'm the only person who voted you so far?

Also, there might be a persuader in this game because somehow, my vote is on Roxas instead of Archer of Gold?

Roxas is Archer of Gold, lol

##Unvote, ##Vote: Izhuark

why does it matter?

This seems like a weird response to Izhuark's comments on trinityclaiming since the aforementioned trinities are obviously in the game for a reason. Acting like they don't matter is pretty weird considering they're some sort of special thing in this game.

##Unvote

##Vote: BBM

maybe I should rephrase- why does it matter with regards to finding out people's alignments? If Izhuark isn't good at setup-speccing then why bother with it, especially when the rules say not to bother?

I also don't think it benefits the town to claim trinities at this point fwiw. In a 13p game, odds are good that the mafia don't have a player in each trinity, and maybe not even in 3 of them.

maybe I should rephrase- why does it matter with regards to finding out people's alignments? If Izhuark isn't good at setup-speccing then why bother with it, especially when the rules say not to bother?

I also don't think it benefits the town to claim trinities at this point fwiw. In a 13p game, odds are good that the mafia don't have a player in each trinity, and maybe not even in 3 of them.

Izhuark probably wants to improve on speccing. That's what I took from his post, anyway.

Also, I have no idea on what the trinities do but from what I can tell, the trinities don't have much to do with the actual setup, so I don't see why either side would lose anything from claiming unless Mafia had all their players on one trinity or some variant of this. However, that benefits Town so I wouldn't mind if we claimed trinities.

The trinities are a pretty big part of this game (I think) but until more information on them is revealed I don't think we should focus on them. Also,

##Unvote

Izhuark probably wants to improve on speccing. That's what I took from his post, anyway.

Also, I have no idea on what the trinities do but from what I can tell, the trinities don't have much to do with the actual setup, so I don't see why either side would lose anything from claiming unless Mafia had all their players on one trinity or some variant of this. However, that benefits Town so I wouldn't mind if we claimed trinities.

The trinities are a pretty big part of this game (I think) but until more information on them is revealed I don't think we should focus on them. Also,

##Unvote

Wait no I'm wrong, I think the trinities are like categories for people's roles. Although if that's the sole reason they were added in it wouldn't be very useful... I don't know what they have to do with the gameplay but that's the only thing I can think of as of now

I'm following what I said earlier very well :/

clarinets, what are your feelings on roxas's vote on mancer?

I don't really mind it. Anything to help us out of RvS!

But the logic behind it is incorrect due to the fact that, despite the fact that he did vote for Roxas, Mancer used the name Archer of Gold and didn't know they were the same player. So, he was not bandwagoning on purpose. Archer (gonna call him that instead of Roxas) didn't know that of course, so he assumed it was intentional.

Now that there's more stuff, I can go back on old stuff.

TOO LATE

Yeah, I wonder about the trinities too, but I think they're probably just.... well, idk.

Apparently everyone in my trinity has a special power. The same power. And I think we all know who's in our trinity.

It's mentioned in the rules that the trinities know the members of their group.

##Unvote

How 'bout we don't claim anything right now?

Wait no I'm wrong, I think the trinities are like categories for people's roles. Although if that's the sole reason they were added in it wouldn't be very useful... I don't know what they have to do with the gameplay but that's the only thing I can think of as of now

I'm following what I said earlier very well :/

I don't really like this line of thought. It feels like fishing for info on the trinities. . .info that someone who is in a trinity would know.

WRT the Archer/Mancer interaction - I don't like Mancer's reaction. There's nothing about Archer in his reply, which leaves the vote as a one-way interaction. As for Archer, I see his logic as RVS logic. . .which means that it'll fly for now.

Mancer's bugging me, but the woodwinds are bugging me more right now.

##Unvote

##Vote: ClarinetsandOboes

I feel like Archer is being too paranoid about the RVS votes on him, and the explanation that it's weird how they quickly jumped on the bandwagon, even if it wasn't quick, makes no sense. No, I don't get what you mean.

##Unvote

##Vote: Archer of Gold

Mancer seems to be rather uncaring of Archer's vote on him, or at least has nothing to say about it … which interests me a bit but not enough to go pursue him at this point.

not really sure what kind of reaction you guys are looking for from Mancer?

@eclipse- struggling to follow the logic in your vote. Why is not having trinity information anti-town?

My logic on trinities is this: the mafia on account of most likely having members in multiple trinities probably have more trinity information than anybody in the town. Odds are also good that they don't know everything though, so there's no point in giving them info right now for free, just like we don't massclaim on D1 either.

The lack of weekend activity is frustrating, since I'm going to have much less time to play mafia during the week, and particularly during the next few days as I have a big assignment due.

I found it a bit odd that Mancer's reaction to Archer voting him as scum was so passive, since Archer's vote was hardly well substantiated, but again I don't feel the need to go pursuing Mancer over that for now.

Mancer's bugging me, but the woodwinds are bugging me more right now.

##Unvote

##Vote: ClarinetsandOboes

I changed my mind, everyone call me woodwinds.

not really sure what kind of reaction you guys are looking for from Mancer?

@eclipse- struggling to follow the logic in your vote. Why is not having trinity information anti-town?

My logic on trinities is this: the mafia on account of most likely having members in multiple trinities probably have more trinity information than anybody in the town. Odds are also good that they don't know everything though, so there's no point in giving them info right now for free, just like we don't massclaim on D1 either.

The lack of weekend activity is frustrating, since I'm going to have much less time to play mafia during the week, and particularly during the next few days as I have a big assignment due.

I guess you're right about not claiming trinities. But really eclipse, what do you mean by your case against me? It's using the trinity I'm in to show I'm scum.

I found it a bit odd that Mancer's reaction to Archer voting him as scum was so passive, since Archer's vote was hardly well substantiated, but again I don't feel the need to go pursuing Mancer over that for now.

Why not? It's RvS after all and we're stuck pretty deep inside of it. I think you should go for it before the phase ends before anyone comes up with a proper case.

Wait people are viewing Mancer with suspicion?

That doesn't make sense. Mancer's reaction shows that he didn't know Roxas and Archer of Gold were the same person and not him having a fake reaction to the vote against him.

He didn't even know he was bandwagonning.

Why not? It's RvS after all and we're stuck pretty deep inside of it. I think you should go for it before the phase ends before anyone comes up with a proper case.

Are you suggesting I make a semi-RVS vote on Mancer when I've already made a serious vote on Archer of Gold? ;/

I feel like Archer is being too paranoid about the RVS votes on him, and the explanation that it's weird how they quickly jumped on the bandwagon, even if it wasn't quick, makes no sense. No, I don't get what you mean.

##Unvote

##Vote: Archer of Gold

Mancer seems to be rather uncaring of Archer's vote on him, or at least has nothing to say about it … which interests me a bit but not enough to go pursue him at this point.

3 votes on the same person in RVS seems like a buildup to me. It's not paranoia, it's just that I don't like having so many random votes on the same person, since there's no proof it's actually random.

Anyways, since the whole affair was apparently a misunderstanding, I'll ##Unvote

Are you suggesting I make a semi-RVS vote on Mancer when I've already made a serious vote on Archer of Gold? ;/

I paid more attention to your Mancer-only post than your Archer + Mancer post, so I assumed that was your main scumread. Sorry about that...

Also, I don't see any cases right now that I particularly like. Eclipse, please elaborate on your case against me!

So, recently my general interest in mafia is rapidly falling. Tell me, does my death serve any purpose to the town? I'd be happy to go down if it serves a purpose, otherwise it's just a wasted lynch.

So, recently my general interest in mafia is rapidly falling. Tell me, does my death serve any purpose to the town? I'd be happy to go down if it serves a purpose, otherwise it's just a wasted lynch.

Uh...

I'm kind of confused by what you're implying but you could ask for a sub if you really don't want to play.

3 votes on the same person in RVS seems like a buildup to me. It's not paranoia, it's just that I don't like having so many random votes on the same person, since there's no proof it's actually random.

Not really? That's happened before in previous games, buildup or no buildup.

Also, drop the "quitter" attitude. We are still in D1, barely out of RVS, and you're acting like your lynch is already a foregone conclusion. If you really don't want to play, then just request a sub because this kind of attitude screws over the other players more than anything else.

If I'm gonna be lynched anyways there's no point in getting a sub, but if I survive the day I'll request it.

This statement angers me on so many levels

Just ask for a sub now if you don't want to play Mafia, even if you're actually lynched we could still use someone who's too clouded by their pessimistic judgement to help advance the game. You're not helping Town at all with comments like this.