(Serenes Forest Mafia) General Discussion

Psych

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but only if the outputted formatting is (a) customizable, or (b) exactly the same way i make my votecounts and no way else

Edited by Prims

human error would also be a hassle since people sometimes forget their #s, and there are people like Kay who like to give their votes fancy names. i guess we could just outlaw that though. i would probably make one anyway cuz it's not like mods can't edit the results for convenience.

I get the impression she's too busy, she made a comment about it last time she joined a game

But even something like ##Vote: Elieson wouldn't work because his current username is Sara. or some shit, so you'd need to put in all sorts of exceptions

Edited by Paperblade

it'd be of questionable use because a lot of people don't use exact usernames

Since you need to enter a player list for each game anyway, it would necessarily allow aliases for players along with user ID. It wouldn't be human smart so there is some kind of compromise.

I miss Kay too.

The other problem with a vote generator is that people have changed their names mid-game.

User ID is used to determine who posted, not the username.

It would work like this:

Player 1: [Field for Comma Separated Aliases; first alias is used in results] [Field for profile URL]

Player 2: [Field for Comma Separated Aliases; first alias is used in results] [Field for profile URL]

It would loop through aliases until it found a match and it would know that that player was voted for. +1 vote for the first alias in that player's list. And so on.

All we have to do is make it like a cult where we only refer to each other by number, e.g. ##vote: 3525

Don't know if it's worth it for something that you can do in a few minutes with ctrl+F. If you could make it recall a player's complete voting history that would be useful for players as well?

All we have to do is make it like a cult where we only refer to each other by number, e.g. ##vote: 3525

Don't know if it's worth it for something that you can do in a few minutes with ctrl+F. If you could make it recall a player's complete voting history that would be useful for players as well?

That is a given.

It would also be programmed to post automatically when someone calls for a votal and at set intervals. Suggestions welcome on that front.

Edited by Makaze

i'd support it if it were based on UserID, then produce the UserName based on UserID, but what about instances where we go like ##Vote Elie or ##Vote RD (me) or (Radiant Dragon)

i'd support it if it were based on UserID, then produce the UserName based on UserID, but what about instances where we go like ##Vote Elie or ##Vote RD (me) or (Radiant Dragon)

Aliases will be programmed in for each player at game start. Read back. Post in the thread if you have more suggestions.

[1:25:36 AM] BBM: I think you should read this post

[1:25:52 AM] lord via quote "sephiroth irl" plant god: i said one of MY posts

[1:25:58 AM] BBM: oh

[1:26:07 AM] BBM: that's not as fun

[1:26:08 AM] lord via quote "sephiroth irl" plant god: it's ok i'll read it

[1:26:09 AM] lord via quote "sephiroth irl" plant god: <:

i read aloud a eury post. this is all bbm's fault also sorry for my stutter, that happens sometimes

HEY SO the moment u have all been waiting 4

i am accepting pre-/ins for choral mafia 6, scheduled to start at the end of May. I'm finishing up the setup w/ Rein and Manix will be my checker. it will be another offsite anon crossover game with some CARA members (probably not a lot tho) and possible one or two from other sites.

the reason I am accepting pre-ins is because this game will be create your own character! so if you think you will be able to play this game by the end of May please PM me what you want your character's name and personality to be (the roles will be rolled independently of this, role =/= character personality). if you are not creating a character I will make one for you so if you'd rather I do that please specify that in your /in.

for those of you who don't know what the choral series is, tl;dr in high school I was mad at the entire music department so I wrote a series of mafia games that were also kind of a fanfiction about people in the department killing each other. fun ensued!

the games are very flavor and RP-heavy, and although you don't have to RP it is very encouraged! also there will be post restrictions.

best RPers get shoutouts at the end of the game

this game I am making up the entire story and any characters not created by users all by myself. that will be an adventure

aaand I feel like I'm forgetting something but that's it! again please PM me your pre-/ins because this will be an anon game. you can ask questions here or PM me them

EDIT: shit i/ forgot this: your anon aliases will be your character's first name. but give me a first and last name in case we get two or more of the same first name

pre-ins so far: 5 (maybe 6??)

Edited by Quote

hey can the people who signed up for choral mafia 6 on skype please resend their signups in SF pms?

sorry lol but I didn't write down the signups and I've lost track of some of them after my skype force-updated. u__u

Edited by Quote