Mafia Question of the Whenever - LYLO

Prims

You know I've never rolled a Fullcop/ Align Cop ever. That'd be cool to roll.

JoaT is a fun role, especially if it has something like a dayvig shot in it. Bus Driver would also be awesome although I like Bus Driver regardless of alignment so yeah.

Edited by Bluedoom

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'd like mason/neighbor so much, it'd mean having to discuss reads with another person and influence each other's reads as town, which tends to mess up a lot of unconclusive reads early in the game.

I liked being JoaT in Elie's item mafia despite having mostly weak-ish roles, being able to pick a power depending on the situation can be really powerful, otherwise probably day roles like dayvig/daycop or cool roles with limited shots would be nice.

but basically all your games are hydras with Vhaltz...

Not really true though, the only recent game where we somewhat hydra'd was ITTD, otherwise it's mostly just unimportant game commentary with no reads discussion for the sake of fairness. When she's the one signing up she usually just asks me to not help outside language issues because she wants to improve by her own merits.

but basically all your games are hydras with Vhaltz...

No they're not?

I've played way more games where I haven't been a hydra with him than games where I have.

I'd love to roll loverizer, just to ship people together. Then I'd end up using it the proper way anyways because I'd be sorry if I screwed up the game for everybody just because of that wwwwwwwwwwww

Ideal realistic role: Any non-investigate role that Does Things. Vig is the obvious one, but stuff like Bus Driver or Hijacker are neat as well.

Ideal unrealistic role: A role that can apply modifiers to other slots. Balance is overrated.

was mostly joking (@Vhaltz and Mitsuki)

Best roles are FOLLOWER (which I haven't rolled yet ;_;), VIGILANTE (which I haven't rolled since SSBU other than in Void where I got culted N0 screw you Rein), and REDIRECTER (the kind that's like a 1-way drive), which I haven't rolled other than in EiMM where I wasn't actually town. Hooker and Oracle are pretty cool also, but only when I block kills and orc scum.

REDIRECTER (the kind that's like a 1-way drive),

hell yea

flashbacks to anonydraft where i saved rapier to kill "scumnori" and almost got the real scumnori killed over you n1 until eclipse m1VgB2k.gif

I think what fucks me up the most about that game is that SB was in it.

JoaT because being versatile is cool, and deciding when would be a good opportunity to use each ability is also more involved than, say, deciding on whom to scan as cop each night.

I also like info roles that don't just give me a clear result (that is wrong half the time anyway) and instead force me to work with the info gained to get any benefit from it, like Tracker.

Fuck cops. Back when I used to play mafia very actively, I rolled cop or rolecop in like half the games I was in. It sucked.

I also like info roles that don't just give me a clear result (that is wrong half the time anyway) and instead force me to work with the info gained to get any benefit from it, like Tracker.

Same

Cops are lame for the most part because they're a no-loss power role for town unless there's a framer (which is very unlikely to make any difference) or altered sanities crap involved. Trackers can track somebody to the guy who died and it could've been a fruit vendor for all they know.

Same

Cops are lame for the most part because they're a no-loss power role for town unless there's a framer (which is very unlikely to make any difference) or altered sanities crap involved. Trackers can track somebody to the guy who died and it could've been a fruit vendor for all they know.

SHINING FORCE 3

Also Tracker is also a no-loss power role; it's just not as powerful.

Best investigative role (other than Follower) is WIZARD trufax

Edited by BBM

my favorite roles are mason / vig which aren't really uncommon as favorites lol. unlimited nightvig is more fun than dayvig imo, the only downside is that you risk getting screwed by other roles

i actually like being cop, my reads are generally solid even when they're not perfect so it helps to narrow the game down, and it's the easiest role to use anyway. doc is depressing for me because i'm generally a high-priority target. i could maybe pull it off in a high-level playerlist or on a forum where i don't have a reputation though

i feel like MAYOR would be excellent for me since i rarely get a chance to do much with my role PM but have strong dayplay. hijacker in ITTD was cool but i didn't really get much of a chance to do anything with it aside from the shin crossfire which was funny

Edited by Prims

I don't think I've ever used a town role properly, except for quicklyncher

still, tracker/watcher are interesting because as Raymond said, it's not as straightforward as cop.

bus driver is also fun, but better as mafia/ITP since then you're aiming to fuck things up

Same

Cops are lame for the most part because they're a no-loss power role for town unless there's a framer (which is very unlikely to make any difference)

lol

k screw you too ninja hitler

Edited by Baldrick

That's outside of SF, right? I don't think there's anyone here who actually likes being cop. All those people who say they want to roll cop (or rolecop) are just lying to themselves.

Edited by Baldrick

Hunter

Oh the joy it brings to me to have the power to kill someone by getting myself kiled in the process.

I also want to roll Bomb in an anon game but I haven't rolled Bomb since like CPM when I sucked. Probably because Bomb is almost never used since it's OP but yeah.

Innocent Child or Unlimited Dayvig

Although honestly I'm fine with most things that aren't ascetic/bp/death miller/compulsive framer etc.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I wouldn't play cop effectively because even if I got an innocent result on someone I'd probably assume godfather and lynch them anyways. :facepalm:

Edited by Conqueror

I don't think bomb is overpowered but it's really stupid

I might enjoy Mason more if I actually had a mason buddy that was active, but I could also see me just getting complacent

I enjoy Cop and JoAT. Backup roles are cool too but I don't think I've ever rolled one.