[SSBB] Stadium Draft

Kaoz

First of all, I realize that this is a somewhat ridiculous concept, I still hope there are a few people willing to give this a shot.

This draft is for 6 people, and everyone will get 6 characters. Furthermore, there will be 6 challenges from the Stadium Mode. You have to use a different one of your characters for each of the challenges. We will compare everyone's results, and award points depending on how well you do relative to everyone else, and whoever has the most points after all 6 challenges wins.

The challenges are:

-Target Smash Level 4

-Target Smash Level 5

-Homerun Contest

-3 Minute Brawl

-Boss Battles (Normal)

-Boss Battles (Hard)

For any challenge, the points awarded are:

1st) 10 points

2nd) 7 points

3rd) 4 points

4th) 3 points

5th) 2 points

6th) 1 point

Participants:

Kaoz - Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Ganondorf, Diddy Kong, Wolf, Sonic

Naglfar - Fox, Pikachu, Lucas, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, Mario

whase - Toon Link, Pit, Snake, Ness, Peach, Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Manix - Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B., Luigi, Lucario, Game&Watch, King Dedede

mmKALLL - Ike, Yoshi, Zelda, Wario, Captain Falcon, Olimar

eclipse - Marth, Falco, Kirby, Bowser, Link, Sheik

[spoiler=Results & Rankings]Target Smash Level 4

1. Kaoz - Wolf - 26.30 seconds

2. mmKALLL - Wario - 26.38 seconds

3. eclipse - Sheik - 30.65 seconds

4. whase - Ness - 33.46 seconds

Target Smash Level 5

1. Kaoz - Diddy Kong - 21.85 seconds

2. whase - Pit - 22.20 seconds

3. eclipse - Link - 24.43 seconds

4. mmKALLL - Olimar - 31.53 seconds

Homerun Contest

1. Kaoz - Ice Climbers - 2321.522 ft./707.6 m

2. mmKALLL - Yoshi - 2087.270 ft./636.2 m

3. whase - Toon Link - 1478.346 ft./450.6 m

3 Minute Brawl

1. mmKALLL - Ike - 104 KOs

1. Kaoz - Sonic - 104 KOs

3. eclipse - Bowser - 90 KOs

4. whase - Snake - 88 KOs

Boss Battles (Normal)

1. Manix - Pokemon Trainer - 2:05:08

2. Kaoz - Ganondord - 2:54:10

2. mmKALLL - Zelda - 3:35:61

3. whase - Peach - 3:50:93

Boss Battles (Hard)

1. Kaoz - Meta Knight - 2:42:75

2. mmKALLL - Captain Falcon - 3:32.00

3. eclipse - Kirby - 5:47.90

4. whase - Samus - Defeated (9)

Total

1. Kaoz 57

2. mmKALLL 41

3. whase 24

4. eclipse 16

5. Manix 10

Edited by Kaoz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm the one that said I'd join if this thing ever saw the light of day, sign me up.

If I don't get certain characters, there's no way in hell I'm finishing

if you can't get 6 people, I'll join. if you have no problem getting those 6 spots filled, I won't compete.

I know I'd lose either way, I wouldn't make it a challenge for others...

if you can't get 6 people, I'll join. if you have no problem getting those 6 spots filled, I won't compete.

I know I'd lose either way, I wouldn't make it a challenge for others...

The official job of Being Terrible In Brawl belongs to me. You'll do just fine~!

By the way, do you know how the difference is calculated between the HRC and Target Smash timing of the NTSC and PAL versions, since it's not exact?

I already know five of the characters I want. I bet I won't get them all, but at least I will get one!

Target smash 4? That's bitchy. I've only played like 1 and 5. (inb4 fox) Oh well, I guess 3/4 are less biased on characters than 1 is.

Are past high scores allowed to be used?

By the way, do you know how the difference is calculated between the HRC and Target Smash timing of the NTSC and PAL versions, since it's not exact?

I don't. If you could provide the formula, that'd be great.

Are past high scores allowed to be used?

No.

Edited by Kaoz

Fine. . .as someone who's played way too much Target Smash (and sucks at it), a warning:

Do NOT use Lucario on Target Smash Level 4, unless you like ripping your hair out in frustration. That is all.

^that would be sound advice if the whole mode wasn't designed just to make hair growers more popular.

I have no idea about the exact differences of NTSC and PAL Solo mode formulae (I never thought I'd need something as trivial as that), so I'd suggest skimming Smashboards for that. I thought at first that it would be something simple for the HRC, but it seems that Nintendo decided to round a few things up/down. At least it seems that someone supplied NealDT from AiB with that information, since he has them incorporated into the website's Stadium high score features. I'd ask, but PMs aren't working for me, lol. At least that means you should be able to find the information on SWF.

Tournament during the weekend, so I'll PM Kaoz with my pick.

I can do most of the other Target Smash levels with almost any character (though some have atrocious times). . .but Lucario on Level 4 was extremely painful. Go fire up your Wii to see why.

I remember having trouble with a lot of characters on that stage, though I can't remember why Lucario would've been any harder than some others...

I'll take a look at that later.

(I've finished all levels of target smash with all characters, after lots of tries.)

my turn to choose? I'll take Toon Link.

also, can you try everything only once or can you try multiple times and enter the best one?

also, can you try everything only once or can you try multiple times and enter the best one?

You can try multiple times.

Also I get the feeling I randomized the worst timezone combination possible :/

Will there be a time limit? A week? At least much easier than the wifi things since we can do this whenever..

I don't think we need one, normal drafts don't have them either, and this one can be completed pretty fast.

Though it might be a good idea if everyone sent their top 5 picks to someone, so that drafting doesn't take too long.