Other Character Design Impressions

Leif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flavia reminds me of a slightly more feminine Echidna. Me gusta~

Kind of stereotypical how the black/dark characters are the leaders of the "country obsessed with strength" though.

I like Flavia's design. She's not especially masculine, nor horribly scarred (that we can see). A nice change of pace for the "tough leader female".

How is black/dark characters being obsessed with strength stereotypical? Serious question, as I have rarely run into this stereotype.

I like Flavia's design. She's not especially masculine, nor horribly scarred (that we can see). A nice change of pace for the "tough leader female".

How is black/dark characters being obsessed with strength stereotypical? Serious question, as I have rarely run into this stereotype.

Might be that black characters are often portrayed as "brutes"? IDK, I can interpret it as that, but I don't see it as an issue. Strength is a positive attribute after all.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Eh, I don't really think it applies in this case as we've had plenty of nations in these games that feel that way. Bern, Daein, whatever the hell Gharnef's was called, etc, and even though these were all the "bad guy" nations, it wasn't purely because of that.

I don't think he referred to FE in general, but more of certain film or other game potrayals of black characters. I agree that it's not really an issue here, but I can see where Briggid's coming from.

Yeah, I'm probably looking too far into it, but a lot of Japanese games and shows tend to portray black characters as strength obsessed or brutish. It doesn't help that Basilio seems to be a barbarian either. :P

I've never really understood the shota hate. People seem to love loli's.

I don't mind young characters as long as their personality is good. I don't know much about Richt yet, but he gets bonus points for being a mage.

As for character disigns I like.

Emelina: I like my female characters to be elgant and gracefull.

Basilo: He looks badass.

Viole: He looks like a certain prosecutor.

I hate lolis and shotas equally unless they're badass if that's what you're getting at. Though, most FE fans are heterosexual guys and they think lolis are cute or something.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I don't think kids ruin a game

I think annoying/useless/weak kids hurt it. Characters that can hold their own, or bring a different perspective on a situation can liven up a story. And while it's always a challenging to write for child characters, we can at least hope they do it well enough to avoid Anakin-levels.

I don't think Basilio is recruitable. They just added his profile to the characters section of the site and he's the only person facing in a different direction than everyone else.

I'd say that's a safe bet.

If you're right I'm calling you Portrait Detective

Or maybe he was drawn facing right by default and they wanted us to get used to his eyepatch being on the left side since that's its ~canonical placement~. There are two screenshots on his page which might say something about his alignment though. also this might help your point but marth is facing right as well

Edited by R-1 X Valhawk

also this might help your point but marth is facing right as well

marth doesn't have a sprite on the site that's just his official artwork and it is that way to look opposite of krom's official artwork (cause they seem to be fighting each other in the beginning of the game) also doubt IS would make marth not playable

To be fair Mist is 14.

Do they ever give this age or is this just people assuming? Because she looks about 10 and in Dawn she doesn't age at all. She will forever be an annoying child.

Do they ever give this age or is this just people assuming? Because she looks about 10 and in Dawn she doesn't age at all. She will forever be an annoying child.

Mist looked 10...? Huh?

Are we looking at the same character? I was figured she was in the 14-16 range. Rolf, on the other hand...