Thoughts on the Event Pokemon?

Arch

With the new information on Diancie that was revealed today, I've seen some speculation that it might have something to do with the Power Plant. There were several unopenable doors on Route 13 that could possibly lead to some secret location where a Carbink would mutate into Diancie (that'd be a cool twist for a legendary pokemon).

It seems likely that Hoopa will be encountered in the Cave of Emptiness.

And according to Pokebeach, Volcanion is related to the Lumiose blackouts, so there's the possibility of an in-game encounter there (although no particular inaccessible areas come to mind, there's plenty of room in Lumiose for a secret area).

That is, praying that these aren't just Mystery Gift distributions (with so few legends in Gen VI, I'd hope that they all have in-game appearances). I dunno, what're everybody's thoughts? Where do you guys think these legends will pop up?

Edited by Arch

i'd love to see something slightly more creative with them, but considering how threadbare the postgame is, i've got a sinking feeling that they wouldn't have bothered actually programming obtain events in and just planned from the outset to distribute them straight up

which is a shame; half the fun of the gen4 event legendaries and Victini was the in-game obtain events (and that Arceus's could never be legitimately done is practically criminal)

Please let them have in-game events and not just be mystery gifts. At least mix it up a little, do something creative with them. I hate the whole concept of event Pokemon anyway, and I think that they should just be available without having to do internet shenanigans, so if they do something creative with them like what you're speculating, Arch, then I'll be a little happier about it.

It's most likely Diancie is linked to the Anistar Sundial.

Diancie is a funny Pokémon, it looks like a Touhou fairy or something.

I didn't even remember the sundial! Perhaps an event item that, when you bring a Carbink along to the sundial, it'll mutate/evolve into a Diancie?

Volcanion would make much more sense underneath the Power Plant.

But, I kinda saw some of the leaks that all three of them are appeared in a grass area, but I'm pretty sure that they could be either roaming, encountered at a grassy area, or that the hacker might have set them on a grassy area.

But, I'm kinda sure that Diancie might be appearing in the cave that have the Carbinks since Diancie's Pokedex info saids that Diancie is a sudden transformation of Carbink, but I'm not sure about Volcanion that caused the black out also since Team Flare was the one responsible for stealing the electricity for their plan, but I am not sure about Hoopa yet, but I am not too sure if it have some relation with the Mysterious Hex Maniac Girl that appeared out of nowhere in the building?

Edited by King Marth 64

I agree with Malebolganone, Diancie is probably connected to the Anistar sundial. Volcanion and Hoopa, I have no idea. Any connection to the Lumiose blackout makes no sense to me though, because the story obviously already showed us that Team Flare caused that.

But, I kinda saw some of the leaks that all three of them are appeared in a grass area, but I'm pretty sure that they could be either roaming, encountered at a grassy area, or that the hacker might have set them on a grassy area.

But, I'm kinda sure that Diancie might be appearing in the cave that have the Carbinks since Diancie's Pokedex info saids that Diancie is a sudden transformation of Carbink, but I'm not sure about Volcanion that caused the black out also since Team Flare was the one responsible for stealing the electricity for their plan, but I am not sure about Hoopa yet, but I am not too sure if it have some relation with the Mysterious Hex Maniac Girl that appeared out of nowhere in the building?

No, no, no.

Smeelum hacked the game, which is why the Pokemon appeared in the grass. It's also explains their levels and why Mega Lati@s don't have the Mega Evolution symbol next to their names.

It's Team Flare that caused the blackout at Lumiose, but I, too, think that Volcanion has something to do with those three doors that you can't open.

Diancie, in my opinion, will have something to do with the sundial. The color and texture of the gems in the sundial and the ones on Diancie are just to similar. And the fact that the girl nearby said something suspicious (I forget what exactly) just affirms that suspicion.

Hoopa will maybe have something about the Cave of Emptiness? Not too sure about that. Maybe the mysterious sign in the train station. Or Hex girl. Who knows?

The girl next to the sundial said something about an Out of place aritifact. An "Oopart" if you will. The sundial is made up of several rings or "hoops". The Gym Leader of Anistar is a Psychic type trainer with several hoops incorporated into her outfit.

Obviously the sundial relates to Diancie.

The girl next to the sundial said something about an Out of place aritifact. An "Oopart" if you will. The sundial is made up of several rings or "hoops". The Gym Leader of Anistar is a Psychic type trainer with several hoops incorporated into her outfit.

Obviously the sundial relates to Diancie.

Where was this Girl in Sundial located at in Anistar City, I don't recall I have visited nor find anything about in that town?

I think it'll have to do with Carbink, where it'll only show up when you have Carbink in your party.

I ALSO remember Nintendo saying that DLC for X/Y was a secret so maybe this is where it comes into play.

Last I heard, Nintendo had said that there wasn't going to be "DLC" for X/Y - of course, I assume that by DLC, they're actually meaning paid content that expands the game; obviously, their standard pattern of distribution events must not count towards "DLC".

----------

Given my lack of faith in Game Freak to actually put out something substantive and put forethought into their actions, I'm going to take the pessimistic approach and assume that even if there are events and areas coded into the game for the legendaries (*cougharceuscough*), they probably won't be used, and the Pokemon will just end up being distributed in some stupid fashion and given to the player. Heck, I'll even be more pessimistic: following how Black and White had data in them already for Meloetta, Keldeo, and Genesect (and an event for Keldeo to learn Secret Sword), the hidden data for MLati@s and the legendaries might not ever be released for the target of X/Y, they might be intended for whatever their successor is with the ability to send them back to X/Y in much the same way as the stuff for Black 2/White 2 -> Black/White. Given Nintendo's past track record and their still slow uptake on modern online capabilities (patches or expansion packs instead of full-priced game "update" releases much? purely Wi-Fi Mystery Gift distribution events instead of having to go to a fucking Gamestop?), I'm not expecting a huge amount of effort here.

On the subject of Diancie, I would think that it would be in a cavernous or underground area with a bunch of Carbink, given that that's where it will be located in the movie when it comes out...

On event Pokemon...I don't like how they're locked, only to be sent out in certain times. Sucks for people who miss these kinds of events, 'cause you have to wait quite awhile before the next one, ye piece of arse!

On the event legendaries for X/Y, I am most interested in Volcanion. It looks cool, Water/Fire is interesting, and most of all, I wanna see how Team Flare's R and D sized up with Team Rocket's or Plasma's.

Has anyone said the possibility that Diance could be the latest psudeo legend like zoro cause I will think they might make carbink a preevo and Diance a full Evo with some special conditions? Maybe take the carbink to the sundial to evo

A pseudo legendary is something else altogether, typically something that evolves twice and much later than other Pokémon. In Generation 5 that's Hydreigon, no Zoroark. We already have one in Generation 6 with Goodra and Diancie isn't shaping up to be this, but perhaps a somewhat modified Mew type of Pokémon, since rather than have straight 100's it would be a bit more defensively focused.

A pseudo legendary is something else altogether, typically something that evolves twice and much later than other Pokémon. In Generation 5 that's Hydreigon, no Zoroark. We already have one in Generation 6 with Goodra and Diancie isn't shaping up to be this, but perhaps a somewhat modified Mew type of Pokémon, since rather than have straight 100's it would be a bit more defensively focused.

in that logic all dragons from every game are pseudo legends+ tyranitar. Also u forgot Lucario from gen 4 and volcarona (somewhat more or less so like hydregion) from gen 5

in that logic all dragons from every game are pseudo legends+ tyranitar. Also u forgot Lucario from gen 4 and volcarona (somewhat more or less so like hydregion) from gen 5

Pseudo legendaries are all pokemon that evolve twice and have BST of 600. They're also usually placed right before the legendary pokemon in the pokedex(with Garchomp and Goodra being exceptions).

This leaves us with 7 pseudo-legendaries: Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon and Goodra.

Lucario doesn't have a 600BST and evolve once and Volcarona seems to be made in the same pattern as Noivern in GenVI: a pokemon with a 550BST that evolve twice situated near the Pseudo-legendaries and legendary pokemon in the pokedex.

Edited by LuxSpes

Volcarona reminds me vaguely of Arcanine, though while the latter was intended to be a legendary, I don't think the former was. Then again, Generation 5 gave us a lot of badass Bug types and that's good.

Noibat and Noivern are basically specially based Zubat and Crobat. Perhaps a Golbat stage was intended but never came to be,

I don't really get the Lucario marketing much, and I'm a bit puzzled by its Steel type, though then again Mawile is a Steel type for no reason either when it could've easily been Dark.

Edited by Woodshooter